New Color For My DB8 After Accident

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
Hi guys, I am new here. I was intending to sell off my car but I guess my car is too sad to leave me.
Earlier today, some dumb ass motorcyclist coming in the wrong way, lost control and hit my car. He was a bloody kid woth no license. Thankfully, his dad was nice enough to pay for all the damages as i threatened to report this matter. Anyway, that's happened, so leave it.

Now, after a few years seeing my white car. I thought of changing the colour of my car.

I like the Milano Red but would prefer it to be 2 tone. Milano Red and Black. But not too sure if it would be nice this way. I thought of painting the roof black leaving the rest of it to be red. The spoiler i want it 2 tone as well. Black wing and red stand. U know like the RR spoiler style. But i cant quite imagine if it would look nice for a dc2 type r spoiler.

I got my inspiration from this. Have a look here:
Dennis Lui's K24 DB8 Integra | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/3082317353_2a34e96175_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3082317353@@AMEPARAM@@2a34e96175

I do not plan to paint the hood and booth lid black. I'll get a CF hood in the near future. So, don't wanna paint it black now.

Check this out:

2004 Milano Red Acura RSX (DC5) lowered on D2 coilovers on authentic 17" Integra Type R Rims - YouTube

Will the Milano Red look like orange under the sun? Because i dont like that color. I thought Milano Red is RED even under the sun.

I need some suggestions on how to get use this Milano Red and black to suit my car best. I am out of ideas.

Seeking some help here. I am sorry if i posted in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
red is nice but susah to maintain. it will fade faster than any other colour. just my opinion. up to u bro.

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
ya, red oxidises faster. but as far as i know only solid red has this prob.
anyone has any input about how to get the 2 two nice for my car?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
guess what, my db8 also accident. have u decided what colour to paint ur car? i am considering it now as well.

btw, i think u got this in the wrong section and hence no response. i am responding because i use a db8 as well.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO, repaint to original colour is better. If still looking for a change, then if it's Frost White can change to Championship White, if any shade of red can change to Milano Red. Original colour can retain some resale value and $$$ rarely goes wrong.

Any DB8 manual owners want to sell off their ride kindly PM me. Tq.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
ianbr26 was wanting to sell until this accident? check with him if he's still selling it if u r interested. u can also find a few in mudah. i just got my ride for above market price 2 months back. if u want, i also can sell it to u. haha. gl in finding a db8.

bout the colours, what u said is true. but even my current colour is not the original colour. i am also thining of red since the paint shop guy recommended red. i too personally like milano or roma or cherry red. still undecided, car is already in paint sho but confused.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Save $$$ TODAY and avoid expensive replacements TOMORROW!!! Why replace when it can be repaired at the fraction of the cost?

The latest "State-of-the-Art" Technology in Windshield Repair is now available in Malaysia. Done by Professionally Certified personnel from USA using the ONLY 100% Fully Computerised Windshield Repair System in the World!

- Very reasonable chargers
- 100% Guarantee for as long as you own the car!
- This exclusive service is now being offered in the Klang Valley...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience