Beware Of Fake Walbro!!!!!

kumar22mostwanted

Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Biggest sign that it's fake..

If you plug it in to a 12v power source and it's silent, Walbro is famous for being noisy.

Other signs it's fake:

It's too shiny (ori one not so shiny)
They say one model can fit all cars (Walbro has different model sets for different vehicles)
The wording is too clear (The Walbro and Made in USA - ori one not so clear)

I just had a fake one taken out of my car from the previous owner, will take some pics of it later.

From what I know ori retail set with box etc should be around RM500. The OEM in plain box cheaper a bit around RM400-450.
yeap yeap i second that i was using evo 3 fuel pump before but ever since switch to walbro dam bising lah especially when boosting but it sounds DAMMM GOOOD :biggrin:

thread is now a sticky...

GT bro, I was going also looking for your another thread to stick. I've stuck it already....was looking for it but forgot the thread name...

ryzzal

Jun 24, 2004
Biggest sign that it's fake..

If you plug it in to a 12v power source and it's silent, Walbro is famous for being noisy.

Other signs it's fake:

It's too shiny (ori one not so shiny)
They say one model can fit all cars (Walbro has different model sets for different vehicles)
The wording is too clear (The Walbro and Made in USA - ori one not so clear)

I just had a fake one taken out of my car from the previous owner, will take some pics of it later.

From what I know ori retail set with box etc should be around RM500. The OEM in plain box cheaper a bit around RM400-450.

meaning those shops selling with printed box around 300-380 is fake?

brother

Apr 29, 2005
cheras,kl
any ppl can share the picture for the original fuel pump and the not original walbro?

GT_AUTO

Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
bro. can see different base on box?
nearly identical bro.hard for me to compare it cos i don't sell fake 1.sorry.
the only solution to this for the time being is buy from a reputable seller like
n1,ken or samurai.they don't sell fake or any taiwan or china product.

wasteg4te

Sep 22, 2005
jb
i just bought new walbro at VISworks

but still dont know it fake or ori...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

wasteg4te

Sep 22, 2005
jb
how to test?
i dont have any sample to compare..

here the pic..

sorry pic not so clear, using (hphone)

karl_razlie

Apr 25, 2005
is Works Engineering at sunway sell ori one or fake??? anybody know? coz my walbro which i bought frm them withing a first week kong...check all the wiring, groundin all look ok..now ask the mechanic to check or replace for a new one...otherwise i buy ori denso...which no fake until now...

TopRpm

Sep 13, 2007
Bosch or Denso will do..No Fake..NO WORRIES:driver:

Adeen

Apr 28, 2006
is Works Engineering at sunway sell ori one or fake??? anybody know? coz my walbro which i bought frm them withing a first week kong...check all the wiring, groundin all look ok..now ask the mechanic to check or replace for a new one...otherwise i buy ori denso...which no fake until now...
isn't the walbro from Works Engineering at sunway sell with a stamped certificate confirming it's ori..?
or is that just a gimmick..?

mysayasan

Jul 25, 2009
i just bought new walbro at VISworks

but still dont know it fake or ori...:banghead::banghead::banghead:
uhuh... last time also bought some performance parts at jb.. but.. 2-3 times kana tiu.. finally i just order from ken racing shop feel more safer..

hi all,
i facing this weird problem. i have an apexi turbo installed for the last 2 years and it was working fine.

until this week, the timer function most of the time was not working anymore. when i off the car, the timer's screen go to the timer section and it off before the count down start >.<

i have redo all the connection but it still having the same problem...weird case it do work once in a blue moon (1%). fyi, i also ground the grey wire (connect to handbrake) so that the...