advan neova (ad07) rain condition.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
foreign view cannot be use in malaysia la, even the tyre maybe actually not that bad though the road design and condition in malaysia definitely suck, always create pond during rain, whos the engineer for the road.... aiyoyoooo... yes its the famous guy..hehe

lucky we didnt hav winter here. if do, donno wat happen le..
i can take my legs up & agreed with u.....:itsme:

but be frank, most of tires is tested for wet is about 60kph for normal street & 80kph is for sport street. then most of ppl here speeding 100kph/130kph over when raining in none-engineering-or-technology's-mys-pariah-road!:sleep:

if u got money to spend, get a Mic Pilot Sport Cup 2, far better than A048 in dry & wet....:itsme:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
i just want to know
it is true that advan neova is bad in rain condition
because
something happen to me,
last month i drove from kluang to jb (plus highway)
and that time road quite wet because after rain.
then at the speed only 120km/h
suddenly my car spin around and hit the divider at the back.
luckly my wife and i ok. just shocked.
im used advan neova.

in dry condition... no question about that, superb
but in rain still doubt...
any idea sifus
yes boss, its suicidal during rainny day if u go fast, tyre like AD-07 need to reach certain optimum temperature b4 they give u good grip due to its compound differences. My suggestion maybe u can try Pilot Preceda 2, its a all rounder. Some other tyres i can suggest will be like the Toyo Proxer, Michelin Pilot Sport series, Bridgestone Re001, Pirelli Dragon something don remember already the model.

Last edited:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
I am not very familiar with nissan car, is ur car front wheel drive / rear wheel drive? as far as i know, RWD car tend to skid if speeding on wet........................................................my advice, we should watch our speed (entering corner) during wet. after-effect may not be very nice.

-drive safe-
no wor, i try my 528 no problem at all even when i was going around 140-160 km/h. :thefinger:
but i do agree about the entering corner part, can play drift ma. :thefinger:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
yes boss, its suicidal during rainny day if u go fast, semi-slick tyre like AD-07 need to reach certain temperature b4 they give u good grip due to its compound differences. My suggestion maybe u can try Pilot Preceda 2, its a all rounder. Some other tyres i can suggest will be like the Toyo Proxer, Michelin Pilot Sport series, Bridgestone Re001, Pirelli Dragon something don remember already the model.
bro,AD-07 is not semi slick leh......:biggrin:

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
thank you for you'll support and advised.
then...
after raya i will change a new tyre.
heheheh
im proud of you'll

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
everything about AD07 is good except rain condition.
but cant blame the tyres for the accident thought, its not so bad..

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
i still love the G3's... used them previously in my old car, 195/60R14 and they performed so well both in wet and dry... even till the time it was thinning it still performed very well... =) high speed in rain/wet conditions also still good accept when it was thinning, the car tend to float a lil sometimes especially when the inner part of the tires were balding(-2 cambers) but when it still had thread, it did well...

even using them in my dad's BMW now. very grippy, its abit hard to drift it when its wet but still able to do so and good control. and silent too, or maybe its just the insulation... hehehe...

i used before yokohama tires long time ago, called the grandprix. the tire didnt performed as well as the G3's. Bridgestone still rocks...

now i'm using SIMEX Road Trekker(245/70R16), not much grip when on the road but performed acceptionally well off the road =)

zyfull

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2005
i oso got that problem during wet...but i heard from some of the drifter, ad07 will work well once it heat up on the rain since i saw they easily wack n drift their car during wet condition with total control...not sure true onot...

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
agree with u mate...had an bad experience too with Neova...but they r like cicak on dry road...just drive slowly when raining...the real facts is, on wet roads, just drive slowly...any tires also wont perform @ its best if u drive fast on wet roads...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
agree with u mate...had an bad experience too with Neova...but they r like cicak on dry road...just drive slowly when raining...the real facts is, on wet roads, just drive slowly...any tires also wont perform @ its best if u drive fast on wet roads...

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 does.....:biggrin:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
AD07 user here. No problem. Heavy rain today while going to work. Went through several big patches of water. Sensible speeds, of course, given the conditions.

Just from reading this thread, I don't understand the need of some drivers to go 100 to 110+ kph in the rain. What's the hurry, more so when conditions are not favourable ?

120, 130...flying into corners in the wet. Some of you maybe have a death wish.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
AD07 user here. No problem. Heavy rain today while going to work. Went through several big patches of water. Sensible speeds, of course, given the conditions.

Just from reading this thread, I don't understand the need of some drivers to go 100 to 110+ kph in the rain. What's the hurry, more so when conditions are not favourable ?

120, 130...flying into corners in the wet. Some of you maybe have a death wish.
haahhaha.....130kph at wet, attack corner lagi...damn syok le....fuyoh!!!:biggrin:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
wasteg4te,
Well, I drove on 15" ad07's before and it's not very good in wet weather. I'd suggest to be a bit careful on wet or damp roads. Falken Azenis ST115 are pretty good all round tyres. I've tried driving rather fast and smacked straight into a puddle of water and the tyres just cut through the water puddle without even sliding one side. Of course, the car slowed down a little bit while cutting through the water but it didn't slide one side. cool. hehehehe Must try the falken st115 and see if it can cut through a swimming pool of water. hahaha

east

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
what i got to know from a tyre shop seller. he mention neova when come to corner there is no sound compare to other tyre. other tyres he mention it will come out sound saying tat u have reached the limit of your cornering. the best part he said, no sound so when u feel like over the limit just wait to terbabas tats all. haha...

might go for michellin for the next tyre but going to be bloody pricy... darn

cherrios...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<a href="http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/171843-grass-racing-autosports-autocross-championship-round-2-2007-a.html">
<a>

Shah Alam, July 15th 2007 – Grass Racing Autosports or more commonly known as GRA ran their 2nd Autocross Round in Shah Alam Car Park in the wet! Rain did not dampen the spirit of the drivers.

Words and Pictures: GRA...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience