Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Ver.

chang1

Sep 6, 2007
chang1,

PM me your email address... i will email u a compatibility list... for the pivot.

Bro, Thanks but Can't PM you, I think you have blocked it to prevent PM to you.
I have just went to the Web site again and it still states it's not able to remove speed limiter for Z27W.:hmmmm: :hmmmm: ( Refer to right most column marked LC. and the remark above it. - Right Hand Upper of page.) It would be great if you can prove it wrong by actual first hand experience rather than hearsay from installers out to get a quick sales.:adore: :adore:
Cheers..

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
bro... about the alarm... my manual is actully in Japanese.. so I won't be able to do it... know how to do it and is it easy?

as for the pivot let me check it out and I will let u know...

chang1

Sep 6, 2007
ShallowRiver,
Thanks Bro!!
For the alarm activation, i need to dig out my manual and look thru it , Will post it later. Just a couple of sequence that you need to follow.( Its not too hard as i did it myself.)., Your's comes with the remote that operate the Auto Tailgate, and doors( Lock/Unlock.) ? If so, it has to be factory fitted in Japan.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
bro, what's an auto tailgate? :confused:

what i does is... besides the lock and unlock... 2 clicks on lock button it will close side mirrors and 2 clicks on the un-lock button will unlock/open the side mirrors. 7 continuous clicks it will wind-up all the unwind windows... that's all i know what the funtion of the remote.

thanks man...

chang1

Sep 6, 2007
bro... about the alarm... my manual is actully in Japanese.. so I won't be able to do it... know how to do it and is it easy?

as for the pivot let me check it out and I will let u know...
bro, what's an auto tailgate? :confused:

what i does is... besides the lock and unlock... 2 clicks on lock button it will close side mirrors and 2 clicks on the un-lock button will unlock/open the side mirrors. 7 continuous clicks it will wind-up all the unwind windows... that's all i know what the funtion of the remote.

thanks man...

Bro, Extracted from my owners manuel.

The alarm can be activated as follows:-

1) Remove the key from the ignition switch.

2) Put the headlamp switch in the 'O' (OFF) position and leave the driver's door open.

3) Pull and hold the windscreen wiper / Washer switch.( The key has been removed so washer fliud will not be sprayed.)

4) The buzzer will sound after approximately 10 sec.,However,continue to pull the windscreen wiper/washer switch.( If the switch is released, the setting change mode will be cancelled. If this happens, repeat from step 3.)

5) When the buzzer stops sounding, keep pulling the windscreen wiper/washer switch,and press the unlock button on your remote to select the settings for the security alarm. The settings are switched each time the unlock button is pressed, and can be confirmed by checking how many times the buzzer sounds.

NOTE: 1) Buzzer sound once:-Alarm is deactivated.
Buzzer sound 3 times:- Alarm is activated.

6) Unsuccessfull activation of the alarm system may be due to the following:-

• The windscreen wiper/washer switch is released.
    The driver door is closed.
    The key is inserted into the ignition switch.
    The lamp switch is put into other than 'O' position.
    Approximately 30 sec. passes without the setting being changed.

Hope this helps.

and regarding the auto tailgate.( Rear Boot door.) auto opens right?
Could be for Colt Plus only, Your's a colt? and does your remote comes with 3 buttons?, Cos mine does.( For auto tailgate.) Sorry to confuse you, Thought yours is the same as mine.. Ha Ha !!!

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Thanks for sharing Chang1.Btw,did you install an SQV?Other than sound, does it actually helps in performance?I was told that it reduces turbo lag.Is that true?

chang1

Sep 6, 2007
Thanks for sharing Chang1.Btw,did you install an SQV?Other than sound, does it actually helps in performance?I was told that it reduces turbo lag.Is that true?

I installed the SARD R2D2 BOV, There's not much performance difference,
Its main function is to vent off the pressure build up after throttle off to prevent back pressure which in turn will prevent the Turbine from spinning freely. When the excess pressure is vented off, Your turbine will be able to spin freely without any load, Therefore when you throttle on again, Since your turbo is already spinning, There will be minimum lag as it takes less time to spool up to its required turbo RPM to Boost. It's true in a way that it helps to reduce lag , but there's also a risk that your BOV might not be holding the boost very well if its not set-up properly.( There's an adjustment screw on the BOV to set at the load required to open the valve.) If its set too low, sealing might not be good, If its setted too high, The begger seldom vent,( No Sound No shiok.:proud: :proud: ). But please note that it doesn't work on Manual Tranny Colt, and will cause CEL.( Don't know why??:confused: , Just heard from others having the same ride.:confused: ) Is your CVT or Manual.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
I installed the SARD R2D2 BOV, There's not much performance difference,
Its main function is to vent off the pressure build up after throttle off to prevent back pressure which in turn will prevent the Turbine from spinning freely. When the excess pressure is vented off, Your turbine will be able to spin freely without any load, Therefore when you throttle on again, Since your turbo is already spinning, There will be minimum lag as it takes less time to spool up to its required turbo RPM to Boost. It's true in a way that it helps to reduce lag , but there's also a risk that your BOV might not be holding the boost very well if its not set-up properly.( There's an adjustment screw on the BOV to set at the load required to open the valve.) If its set too low, sealing might not be good, If its setted too high, The begger seldom vent,( No Sound No shiok.:proud: :proud: ). But please note that it doesn't work on Manual Tranny Colt, and will cause CEL.( Don't know why??:confused: , Just heard from others having the same ride.:confused: ) Is your CVT or Manual.
Hmmm...really good explanation.Thx.I didn't really wanna put in an SQV coz wanna stay low profile at first.But now considering bout it.

Guess we have the same ride bro.I'm on a CVT Colt Plus

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
hey guys...I do own a Colt too but is stock! hahaha....Can't really see much of our ride on the road man......

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
hey guys...I do own a Colt too but is stock! hahaha....Can't really see much of our ride on the road man......
Welcome to the group:D Great to see the increasing number of owners;)
Do share your questions and experiences

DjAtB

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
ok dude....whenever u guys do plan for TT...pm me too...hehehe....

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
ok dude....whenever u guys do plan for TT...pm me too...hehehe....
let's do it tonight... but there again, not everyone is from one place... i actually think we should do a tt and it's a brillaint idea. maybe, start a club... lol... or just go do something... any suggestions... fellow colters? maybe that way we can get more ppl... about +- 200 NAs and Turbos on the road... I am sure we can get more...

Last edited:

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
I think we should list down our location first:) Then we can organize a TT.

D_Y2k.6^ - Melaka

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
As stated earlier,here's the side moulding I've installed, ideal for those who wants to prevent the door frame being damaged:D

Last edited:

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
spotted a Black Ralliart colt at Jln Sultan Ismail around 3pm.Does that happen to belong to anyone of u?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:shades_smile: hi there....where can i look for 4G92 A/T..i need to know how much it cost+installation....i meant on the road...i wan to change my engine to it...
hopefully can hear a good news soon...
bye
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience