Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Ver.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Owners Come In!!!

It seems that there are quite a number of Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Ver. owners in this forum and I was thinking that maybe we could gather together and discuss on the modifications that could be done and also sharing our experiences on the car:)

Last edited:

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Anyone knows where can get I get body kits for our colt?Or do I have to go to Singapore?I found something pretty nice from Singapore.

Last edited:

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
FOr thsoe who are interested in the bodykit I found on the website.It is now available in Melaka:) RM1800 for front,side and back skirt inc spray.It is made of ABS

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Hi Guys...
A word of caution for Colt Ralliart owners... Be careful what you put into your car. My warranty had recently been void by Hicom and feeling is not good. What happened was, I replaced the crummy sound system that came with the car. Since there isn't many of us running around the installers kinda got wiring mixed-up causing the ECU to shut down the car every 2KMs. We finally got her going again after 5 days of horror.

So, please careful when fiddling around with the wiring.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Hi Guys...
A word of caution for Colt Ralliart owners... Be careful what you put into your car. My warranty had recently been void by Hicom and feeling is not good. What happened was, I replaced the crummy sound system that came with the car. Since there isn't many of us running around the installers kinda got wiring mixed-up causing the ECU to shut down the car every 2KMs. We finally got her going again after 5 days of horror.

So, please careful when fiddling around with the wiring.
That's kinda freaky.Mind asking what did you replace?Coz I added just a pair of tweeters few days back and the Speedo meter was not working and the car idle period is kinda rocky that at time mati engine!Luckily I got mine solved soon later.

As you said,it was the wiring problem with the HU:( I really wonder why is this happening though.I was already thinkin of adding amp and so on but kinda worried that scenario like yours will happen.

On the good side,I just wanna share that I've added the bodykit today and I'm really happy bout it.I would recommend it to those who find that their Colt plus is looking too roundish:proud:

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
That's kinda freaky.Mind asking what did you replace?Coz I added just a pair of tweeters few days back and the Speedo meter was not working and the car idle period is kinda rocky that at time mati engine!Luckily I got mine solved soon later.

As you said,it was the wiring problem with the HU:( I really wonder why is this happening though.I was already thinkin of adding amp and so on but kinda worried that scenario like yours will happen.

On the good side,I just wanna share that I've added the bodykit today and I'm really happy bout it.I would recommend it to those who find that their Colt plus is looking too roundish:proud:
yeah! it was kinda freaky. well, what you need to do is to ask the installers to pull the wire straight from the battery and try to rewire with new cables. what happened to your car happened to me too. the problem was the installer actually tired to take power from the factory wiring and which means the ECU is not getting enough power supply. When this happens the ECU is trying to protect the car from further damaging itself.

btw... i am riding a colt hatch. where you got ur kit from? maybe we should meet up for teh tarik and exchange experiences.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
yeah! it was kinda freaky. well, what you need to do is to ask the installers to pull the wire straight from the battery and try to rewire with new cables. what happened to your car happened to me too. the problem was the installer actually tired to take power from the factory wiring and which means the ECU is not getting enough power supply. When this happens the ECU is trying to protect the car from further damaging itself.

btw... i am riding a colt hatch. where you got ur kit from? maybe we should meet up for teh tarik and exchange experiences.
I see.So do you think it is safe to install amps and sub after the rewiring?I was thinking of doing it this weekend.

Actually I wanted to get the Hatch as I believe the handling is better and slightly faster due to lighter weight but I need more boot space.I'm from Melaka and I actually for my kit here.Probably you can get it cheaper in KL if manage to find the right shop:)

Yeah!Thats a great idea.Mind asking where are you from?

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
I see.So do you think it is safe to install amps and sub after the rewiring?I was thinking of doing it this weekend.

Actually I wanted to get the Hatch as I believe the handling is better and slightly faster due to lighter weight but I need more boot space.I'm from Melaka and I actually for my kit here.Probably you can get it cheaper in KL if manage to find the right shop:)

Yeah!Thats a great idea.Mind asking where are you from?
Just remember to get the power straight from the battery (helps if u have the car grounded and with a voltage stabilizer). Maybe you can come to KL... the guys tat did my ride knows the wiring system much better.

As for the bodykit... I just found out that I can convert my ride to a full version-r (original), cost about 4000 aussie. Pretty expensive but I think it's worth ever penny of it... :adore: By the way I am from KL.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Just got my ICE done last Friday at KF Audio:D Very happy with it:) Didn't manage to catch up with ya as I was picking up someone at the airport so my time was pretty uncertain.

N wau!Thats really costly.Are you importing it from OZ?Btw,wat colour is your ride?

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Thinking of it... there are more options available... I am just going to get one which in not fiberglass made. Glad that you are happy with your ICE. Mine is still stock... black... nothing much just waiting to get more information before I get it done... all at one time...
Happy Driving...

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Thinking of it... there are more options available... I am just going to get one which in not fiberglass made. Glad that you are happy with your ICE. Mine is still stock... black... nothing much just waiting to get more information before I get it done... all at one time...
Happy Driving...
Cool.Mine is ABS but unfortunately it is a rather mild modification compared to the Ver. R. Here's a photo of it:

My next mod will probably be the side moulding & rims.

What kind of ICE are you looking for,SQ or SPL?Maybe I can help:)

Btw,here's a link where they sell lots of Colt's interior & exterior stuff.I've contacted them and waiting for their reply on whether they can send their items over.
[ŽO•H�ƒ�³•”•i]ƒRƒ‹ƒg colt [Z21A/22/23/24]

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Thanks for the link dude... SQ, my sound system is running on a set of Herzt powered by an 2 channel Audion amp. I shutted the rear... and waiting to install a 10' sub at the booth. Which also means that i might be installing run-flat tires once it's time to change tires and rims.

D_Y2k.6^

Known Member
May 28, 2006
Thanks for the link dude... SQ, my sound system is running on a set of Herzt powered by an 2 channel Audion amp. I shutted the rear... and waiting to install a 10' sub at the booth. Which also means that i might be installing run-flat tires once it's time to change tires and rims.
Wau,Which Hertz model are you using?Mille?:D So you do not have any speakers at your rear?What sub are you planning to use?JL?Also,mind sharing where you do your installaton?

Looking forward to see your modded car:)

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Wau,Which Hertz model are you using?Mille?:D So you do not have any speakers at your rear?What sub are you planning to use?JL?Also,mind sharing where you do your installaton?

Looking forward to see your modded car:)
Mille? Nolar... Hi-Energy only lar... I am planning to install the sub (Hertz) where the spare tire is located... Faced down. And with the spare tire outta the way... I think we can manage to get it flat without the end coming out.

Actually, I don't know the name of the installer... :dontknow: LOL!!! It's in SS2,PJ, anyways.

The mod will have to come in phases... Don't have so much $$$ to do at one time... Still waiting for a chance to drive it outstation... Just wanna enjoy the stock car now...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience