Hyundai MATRIX

dreamzero

Mar 20, 2006
ed,
from yesterday's CBT/NST, Magsaver was reviewed n was said to be good for fc prob.
Havent tried it myself, tho looking for stg similar.

munir,
which mitsu engine was swapped? Tho hyundai used to get tech frm mitsu, dont think any engine can fit...

Apr 17, 2006
Newbie here

Hi All, i new here..just manage to find this website.....i driving an manual version for 1.6 matrix....:regular_smile:

dreamzero

Mar 20, 2006
Guys,
This weekend, in Juru Auto City, Penang there'll be a Grand InterCarClub TT. Starts at 5pm Sunday.

10 car club hv confirmed to come:

Myvi
Savvy
Waja
Wira
Satria
Jazz
City
Getz
Mazda B6/B8

All r welcomed. If successful, next time try for Malaysia Records.

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
wah the 2nd hand value for matrix really bad man....found out i gotta top up few grands to settle the outstandings if i want to buy another car

dreamzero

Mar 20, 2006
Yours must b d 1.6 one, rite?

Korean cars r not exactly known for its economical engine...maybe that's one of d reason why its 2nd hand value its quite low:sad_smile:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
dreamzero said:
Yours must b d 1.6 one, rite?

Korean cars r not exactly known for its economical engine...maybe that's one of d reason why its 2nd hand value its quite low:sad_smile:
I heard from one of the owner of the 1.6l Hyundai Matrix saying that the fuel consumption for the car is really bad. Sad to know that everyone in the market is giving the car a turn down because of this.:Not_Impressed:

^^ED^^

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
Daniel Lee said:
I heard from one of the owner of the 1.6l Hyundai Matrix saying that the fuel consumption for the car is really bad. Sad to know that everyone in the market is giving the car a turn down because of this.:Not_Impressed:
Is depend on what you want? Before I ride matrix, I'm owning a turbo car. So already used the amount of pretrol that I top up ... :_:

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
maintain drivng 110km/h should be not that thirsty lah

^^ED^^

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
dreamzero said:
ed,
from yesterday's CBT/NST, Magsaver was reviewed n was said to be good for fc prob.
Havent tried it myself, tho looking for stg similar.

munir,
which mitsu engine was swapped? Tho hyundai used to get tech frm mitsu, dont think any engine can fit...
Fuel saver ... errrr ... don really trust them ... :Not_Impressed:

Engine that can swap with 1.6 will be as below ...
  1. Mitsu 1.6 V6 (but too old & high mileage) :X-:
  2. Elentra 1.8 :_:
  3. Mitsu 1.8 (4G93 without turbo) Saw a engine convert shop converted a 1.6 matrix. :_:
  4. Mitsu 1.8 (4G93T with turbo) No point, still drinking petrol :angry:
  5. Sonata 2.0 :X-:
Price ... (Labour not sure include or not)
  1. 2.5K + some services = 3.0K + - 300
  2. Hard to find ... no info
  3. 3.5K + some services
  4. 4.2 + some services
  5. waiting for my mechanic to give me the answer ...

NERV

Known Member
Oct 5, 2005
Guys...Anyone had trying used 16 inch rim to Matrix???!
I have plan to use 16 inch rim with tyre 195/45/16 to my matrix....
Pls advise me is it ok?....Thanks.

dreamzero

Mar 20, 2006
Nerv,

To upgrade, the rite size should b 195/55 R15 or 205/45 R16.

For sure there would b some effect, either to your performance or set-up. try not to beyond+- 2.5% increase.

Maybe can ask the tyre shop people. Or u can go to www.tyresave.co.uk

Gd luck.

Come join www.mymatrixclub.net for more info.

NERV

Known Member
Oct 5, 2005
dreamzero...Thx...

Act i just wondering 'sangkut' if i use 205/45 R16 tyre...that why i choose 195/45 R16 tyre.....i already got rim offset 39 with tyre 195/45 R16 and im not install yet to my matrix coz my matrix now at my home town....anyone was trying before 16 inch rim with 205/45 R16 tyre and offset 39. Sangkut or not???? if not i might plan to use that tyre 205...If sangkut i think 195/45 R16 myb suitable for my matrix...
Any sifu help me!!!.Thx.

tonyt

Apr 18, 2005
Ampang
Visit site
Hi Fellow Matrix Owners,
My Auto Cruise controller isn't working anymore. During my recent visit to the regular Hyundai Service Centre, I was told that the problem should be the coin cell battery that needs replacement. I've replaced the battery but still it doesn't work.
Has anyone of you experienced this or are that any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Tony

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
same here with mine...
what i did was..went to 222, in front of Honda s/room there..got one big acce.shop right...they are the dealer for our tom cruise control

tonyt

Apr 18, 2005
Ampang
Visit site
manhunt,

Thanks for that bit of info!
BTW, how much did they charged and is it just for repairs or replacing with a new unit?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
^^ED^^ said:
Every car sure has pros & cons.

For matrix the worse was the FC .... other than that is rated between good and excellent.

Those info was from several hyundai forum .... :)
ya its true, i use my matrix to transport air compressor and cements too due to my work requirement,suprisingly its quite tough,oni down side,the petrol usage like crazy.

Kafer

Feb 21, 2006
Hi People....I am new to Matrix forum and you know why? bcos I am planning to get one to replace my 97 Wira 1.5A (gearbox problem).

Can someone tell me if my move is a wise one? :)
I see that the FC is an issue but my Wira was worse...(nothing can compare with it).

Can the Matrix be used as a daily driver and not enlarge the hole in my pocket? Of course it all in how it is driven right?

I already have an automatic ATOZ and it is quite a drinker....

I think the Koreans have not mastered the art of building refined engines yet unlike the Japs....

Please tell me what should I look out for when I go for the test drive.

Thanks a lot....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ten days of restlessness. That was the sort of anticipation I had to endure; counting down the days before I finally got the chance to go up and personal with a LP560. We had initially made arrangements to have the shoot on a Saturday evening, so when Mr. Z called me on Thursday to ask if we could reschedule to Friday, I agreed.

We started the shoot at the basement of a car park, and for the first time, I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience