DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

Sep 25, 2014
Houston
Hello E-tech and everybody in this great forum. I have here a P2E that when installed in the car the transmission shifts poorly. I used a borrwed P2E from another car and it shifts perfectly. Any ideas what could be? or maybe where I could start looking? I am good at soldering/desoldering/reballing bga's etc and have equipment... I just don't know where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hello E-tech and everybody in this great forum. I have here a P2E that when installed in the car the transmission shifts poorly. I used a borrwed P2E from another car and it shifts perfectly. Any ideas what could be? or maybe where I could start looking? I am good at soldering/desoldering/reballing bga's etc and have equipment... I just don't know where to start looking. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi... Have to let others here to support.
Not my regular Ecu so can't really guide u.
Btw any different in the idling of both Ecu?
And ur car is an auto transmission?
What the last few digit of both the p2E?

Oct 1, 2014
indonesia
sir,
i have problem with my p08 ecu..
datalog show the tps sensor when full throttle only 6%, and when close throttle is -10%, it's make idle came rought, how i do to fix this case?
i try with my friend's ecu p28 my car idle stable, how must i check in the ecu board?

sorry for bad english

Attachments

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
sir,
i have problem with my p08 ecu..
datalog show the tps sensor when full throttle only 6%, and when close throttle is -10%, it's make idle came rought, how i do to fix this case?
i try with my friend's ecu p28 my car idle stable, how must i check in the ecu board?

sorry for bad english
Masalah anda di kawasan ini kalau betkaitan
dengan TPS... semua capacitors wajib di tukar.

Attachments

Oct 17, 2014
kota kinabalu
Re: DIY Honda ECU Repairs-p29/900

Hai,bro, need your helps, my car idle problem , idle up and down very weird , and after check the code, we found code

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I found code 14 (aic valve problem) But after I reset the Ecu, it didt show any code, but after I start the car it come out again code 14? FYI I have change all the 7caps. But problem still the same, idle up and down.pls help me,this problem already 4months.pls advise which Ic or Transister or resister have to change it??

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Re: DIY Honda ECU Repairs-p29/900

Hai,bro, need your helps, my car idle problem , idle up and down very weird , and after check the code, we found code

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I found code 14 (aic valve problem) But after I reset the Ecu, it didt show any code, but after I start the car it come out again code 14? FYI I have change all the 7caps. But problem still the same, idle up and down.pls help me,this problem already 4months.pls advise which Ic or Transister or resister have to change it??
Hi...
You personal ecu and car?
Send me some pictures by Watsapp....
019-6547373..

Tq

Oct 10, 2012
Johor bahru
Hi E-TECH ,
I have a question . if normally switch on the car the engine light will off after 2sec , it mean no error code its ?
at this moment , I connect the two pin plug n check the error code , the engine light just on and not blind at all .
So , its normal or problem ? Thanks .

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi E-TECH ,
I have a question . if normally switch on the car the engine light will off after 2sec , it mean no error code its ?
at this moment , I connect the two pin plug n check the error code , the engine light just on and not blind at all .
So , its normal or problem ? Thanks .
Hi... Yes no blink means no error code. However there are cases
when no error code but have Ecu problem.
If car drive ok then its ok.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Thanks for reply E-Tech .. Hope not ecu problem la .. Any hits if ecu problem ?? Can check ?
Hi... If free then take out Ecu and open cover.
Take some good close up picture and send me.

Coupe-r

May 6, 2014
Tauranga
Hello again E-Tech.

I have 2 P08 ecu's that give a SOLID CEL (but primes fuel pump relay correctly on tester and in car)
SOLID CEL, NO CODE GIVEN.

On the moates engine sim BOTH ecu's pass with NO CODES. Run PERFECT on the tester.

Both ecu's are chipped and were working correctly for quite some time in cars.

Both have FLAWLESS ecu soldering and both ecus are in excellent visual condition. Both with the main CAP replaced. (wasn't leaking anyway)

ECU's give a SOLID CEL with J1 removed also.

Q: Where should I start? Is it perhaps IC19 data communications IC?

EDIT: I put J4 back, and unplugged the VTP sensor. I get a code 22 when I bridge service connector.
I remove the service check connector and the ecu keeps flashing 22 it doesn't go back to solid. Even when I key off key on it stays in code check mode with 22??

I have a feeling it might be the IC19. BOTH P08 have the same behaviour.

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I dun hv and trust sim.
Let's talk about test in actual car.
Fuel pump prime but can the car start?
If yes, can rev pass 4500 rpm?

And post a good picture of ic19...

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I don't trust sim either!

Car primes fuel pump, car starts and runs fine.
Yes goes over 4500rpm
Hv u touch up ic19 or changed it already?
That should fix the problem...
You are doing data log on those Ecu correct?

Coupe-r

May 6, 2014
Tauranga
I haven't touched or changed IC19 yet.
If IC19 is damaged should I be able to datalog?
I'll try datalogging tonight before I change ic19

Venzonic

Apr 14, 2007
Hi E-Tech, u got pm..hv sent u a pm few days ago, looking for your help. Do reply me pls..thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has developed a new parking assists system it calls the Around View Monitor (AVM), which will offer drivers a bird’s eye view of their car and surroundings in real-time. The set-up uses four ultrawide-angle resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle, which combine to give a complete 360-degree view around the vehicle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience