Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Finally, did my rear and front grille only. I sprayed it on the caked rims part and see how well will it stay, some sort like a test run. Did the key whole on my boot too. Persona badge too. :)
So this is my front.

This is the back.

Personally, I find the blackness now on my car added anger to my car, love it!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

How much can do I need to paint my 16" rims
1 can per rims with 4 coats to be safe and easy to peel.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
I though the thicker the coat the more easy to peel... Coz I try if the layer to thin abit hard for me to peel off

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have not uploaded my plastidip pictures. Here they are :burnout:

1. Most recent dip. Emblem

2. Front bumper lip. I make it two tone.

Closer look: note there's a big stone chip on the paint. Arghhhhhh !!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
A friend of mine ask me to help him to Plastidip his Car's Remote. So, manage to find time after 1 week+ to do it for him.

Here are the results. We just wanted to dip one side and the button side we leave it. Actually thought of doing both sides at the end.
However, afraid of the risk of ruining the remote, that during spray, possibilities of dipped sprayed into the buttons is there.

So end up we just spray one side where the button is at the other side.

Take a look.

AFTER DIPPED

Before & After Dipped Comparisons

I did ask some pros on dipped before on whether it is okay to Plastidip a remote control of a car. Was not recommended since
we put it into our pocket and there are higher chance that the control will rub against other things in our pocket.

Not recommended for something we touch everyday or often. But then, that did not stop us to try to experiment.

So went on with it and those are the results.

Cons, it started to peel off after 2 days, reasons, could be due to dipping on one side. Will have another try out on my remote control
and test it myself to see how long it last or how to make sure it last but I doubt is easy for something we meddle with everyday.

Well, just have to try and error.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
After meeting with Izso and the rest on Saturday, went home and do some stuffs and etcs.

Did this job at 2.30am in the morning. Well consider as Sunday Morning since it has passed 12am.

I had trouble removing the Rear Trunk Lid Cover, went to my mech and get him to sort it out
for me. After that, thanks to him I manage to remove it to do my project again.

So, this is the before photo.

BEFORE

AFTER DIPPED

INSTALLED BACK ON CAR

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I absolutely hate chrome. My Persona has matte Silver, hate it hate it. U guys love DIY right, i think u guys would like Mighty Car Mods, funny and some really cheap and fun ways to pimp your ride. :D YouTube it!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ah damn. So it's not recommended for stuff being grabbed a lot like steering wheels. I was gonna do that.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ah damn. So it's not recommended for stuff being grabbed a lot like steering wheels. I was gonna do that.
Well I actually dipped my sister's wira gear knob and the handbrake. The handbrake started to peel off but I think it was due to my brother's rough driving style. And he wears rings too. But the gear knob...erm I duno how to explain the surface of the dipped area becomes whitish but it didn't peel off. Sorry I dint take picture of it. I sprayed one more layer and topped with clear coat when it dried. Uhhh shiny...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You can try Izso, but then steering wheel is something we rub our hands against quite frequent. But then is all about try and error then we learn from each other. Will try out on my remote control and other items that I touch mostly. See how things goes.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
wah! so many projects! <3

SF - i told u dun do remote ler..LOL gatal~

Izso - mentioned before that its not reckoned xD Comes off too easily unless its the dip type

stupidcar - Great JOB!

cvkit17 - AWESOME! would love to see more examples! This weekend i'm doing more of the GTi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

jz now home, saw that my radiator indicator point more than 1/2, it is rarely happen!
wat's wrong????? :blink:

another problem is tat my engine more noise after service, is it due to the lubricant oil??? i jz change 2 a 10W-40 caltex from 15W-50 esso!
during service, i oso changed oil filter & plug.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience