Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wah! so many projects! <3

SF - i told u dun do remote ler..LOL gatal~

Izso - mentioned before that its not reckoned xD Comes off too easily unless its the dip type

stupidcar - Great JOB!

cvkit17 - AWESOME! would love to see more examples! This weekend i'm doing more of the GTi
Haha! Friend wanted to try, so we just go on ahead knowing the risk :rofl:

Is kinda impossible to dip the Steering wheel right? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ok.. pure dip. I'll use paintbrush and see how it goes.
Maybe spray it by using low pressure spray paint gun, then would be good? :smile:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
ok.. pure dip. I'll use paintbrush and see how it goes.
Buy 10 cans, pour into a bucket and then throw the steering wheel in it. Plup~ steering wheel gone into deep dip haha.

Plastidip has one disadvantage. The dipped surface area of my car is full of my site supervisor's fur (my furry doggy)!! It seems to easily stick on it :mad:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Buy 10 cans, pour into a bucket and then throw the steering wheel in it. Plup~ steering wheel gone into deep dip haha.

Plastidip has one disadvantage. The dipped surface area of my car is full of my site supervisor's fur (my furry doggy)!! It seems to easily stick on it :mad:
I think after a layer of clear coat should be okay?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think after a layer of clear coat should be okay?
Hmmm...I have not tried it. Would give it a try. Now my wira gear knob has clear coat and it feels the same without coat. I guess maybe the surface isn't smooth so clear coat or not the cavities are still there

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

That's one of the reason they say can't use normal cloth as it will all stick on it.

Buy 10 cans then the rest not yet use, do what orr? Dip, working shoes, dip cap, dip underwear.
:rofl:

Josephine

Mar 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have not uploaded my plastidip pictures. Here they are :burnout:

1. Most recent dip. Emblem

2. Front bumper lip. I make it two tone.

Closer look: note there's a big stone chip on the paint. Arghhhhhh !!!
i like de myvi in black colour, seems hard to do it ,wow~:proud::proud:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Very very easy...supra fanatics can teach you and show you how without sweat!
:rofl: put me on the table la...:laugh: Is easy but not simple. :biggrin:
Will show you how when the right time comes Josephine.

Cvkit himself by looking at his job, he is one of the pro plastisdip as well :smile:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Very very easy...supra fanatics can teach you and show you how without sweat!
Somehow putting SupFan's name, "show you how" and "sweat" while talking to a girl just sounds obscene.

Even though I know this is about plastidip.

Or not.

:biggrin:

Regarding getting a big bucket and just dipping the whole steering in, if the pure dip wasn't so bloody expensive I would actually do that. After pouring the dip out would it be ok to pour it back in? Exposure to the air/moisture would harden it wouldn't it?

Dammit. I have too many DIY projects

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. SF, cvkit, stupidcar, all awesome DIY.....:top:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Ah damn. So it's not recommended for stuff being grabbed a lot like steering wheels. I was gonna do that.
Wrap the steering wheel leh! Got $$$ do in leather, I did mine but PVC lah!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

:rofl: put me on the table la...:laugh: Is easy but not simple. :biggrin:
Will show you how when the right time comes Josephine.

Cvkit himself by looking at his job, he is one of the pro plastisdip as well :smile:
Not put on table, currently you are on hot streak with plastic dip, can give you more things to test on....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Somehow putting SupFan's name, "show you how" and "sweat" while talking to a girl just sounds obscene.

Even though I know this is about plastidip.

Or not.

:biggrin:

Regarding getting a big bucket and just dipping the whole steering in, if the pure dip wasn't so bloody expensive I would actually do that. After pouring the dip out would it be ok to pour it back in? Exposure to the air/moisture would harden it wouldn't it?

Dammit. I have too many DIY projects
Take a big bucket, about 5 cans of DIP and bring extra in case not enough. Take everything to a mud guard shop, and borrow their dust free room. DIP your steering in like how we dip our candies into a bowl of liquid chocolate. There, done. Quickly pour everything into a clean empty can of Nippon PAINT. Keep it air tight. Done :biggrin:

(not sure it works, just a suggestion. Waiting for you to try out ) :rofl:

Bro. SF, cvkit, stupidcar, all awesome DIY.....:top:

Wrap the steering wheel leh! Got $$$ do in leather, I did mine but PVC lah!.....:biggrin:

Not put on table, currently you are on hot streak with plastic dip, can give you more things to test on....:driver:
:rofl: Not awesome DIY la haha! Still learning. I don't mind testing for others, as long as they have plastidip at their place :rofl:

Cuz I aint got enough to spare :biggrin: But so far, my 1 can of spray still got some left even after
doing that much. Going to do on bigger surface area soon.

Yesterday My friend only saw one left at Ace Hardware Sunway.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Take a big bucket, about 5 cans of DIP and bring extra in case not enough. Take everything to a mud guard shop, and borrow their dust free room. DIP your steering in like how we dip our candies into a bowl of liquid chocolate. There, done. Quickly pour everything into a clean empty can of Nippon PAINT. Keep it air tight. Done :biggrin:
Lets rephrase this.... Quickly pour into 4 smaller cans, one he keeps, one each for bro. SF, cvkit and Unker VR.....hahahahahaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If I recall correctly, one dip can is RM40+

5 cans makes it close to RM200 give or take. That's just crazy la just for a steering wheel!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience