Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The microfiber thread will stick to the plastidipped area. So basically tell them not use cloth on that spot and just blow dry it.
DIY wash the car ourselves :biggrin:

I am using microfiber mitt to wash the dipped surface. But instead of wiping, I tap and brush lightly on the dirty area then spray with water. Works every time and the dip doesn't come off. To dry the water, same thing, use MF and tap instead of wipe.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sigh. I wanna decal my car with plastidip but now I'm thinking whether I should do it or not. Imagine cleaning and waxing the car.. that's gonna be a major pain in the a$$

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Just do first...when you wanna wax, remove it and re-apply after wax..We're all waiting for your project =D

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just do first...when you wanna wax, remove it and re-apply after wax..We're all waiting for your project =D
Remove plastidip then wax then spray on again? That will be a waste liao wor

1 of the reason thought of plastidip whole car is no need to wax :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
will do, only have weekends to my self
Same here, only on certain weekends, tried to do at night but too many "Count Draculas"
Trying to get a taste of my blood...:mad:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wahhh, everyone going smoothly. My hands very itchy. But is a rims degreaser good enough to remove brake dust? Those dust became solid to my Proton PE rims. :mad:
Your rims plastidipped? If not yet, then you may try using wheel cleaners and a brush to wash it 1st.
Some may be hard to remove especially those that had already cake into or eat into the rims.

Just like the kelisa rims that I did previously. All other dirt or grease or watever stains able to remove.
only some seems to be part of the rims then it aint gonna be easy to remove or even possible to
do so. I tried scrubbing and applying more and leave the wheel cleaner lube on it longer, but
still unable to remove it.

If you have the habit of washing your rims like vr2turbo, then the rims inside wont have too much cake in stains.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nope, not yet. I removed one of my rims using the tools given, when i stepped on it, it broke a wheel stud! :( I don't dare to take the other 3 rims off.
OKay thanks! Fingers crossed!

Blackkkkkkkkkk *MCM*

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nope, not yet. I removed one of my rims using the tools given, when i stepped on it, it broke a wheel stud! :( I don't dare to take the other 3 rims off.
OKay thanks! Fingers crossed!

Blackkkkkkkkkk *MCM*
Can do it without removing the rims but of course not as easy as washing them when those rims are remove from the car.

Mine happen to be able to remove to clean is due to change rims and selling the old rims. So cleaning it up before I sell to the new owner :smile:

But if u intend to plastidip your rims, u can do it without removing them too. Just the same as washing, just use a bristle brush for wheels. Easy to find at DIY/hardware Shop or ENEOS

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thanks for the tips! It's gonna be madddddddddddddd. How u guys think about my whole Proton PE to be black?
What is Proton PE? :hmmmm:
U mean the rims only or the whole car Black?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This Sunday I scratched the sides of my car against the wall while descending a spiral carpark. The damage was to the front left door-handle, rear left door and rear left fender. The handle and door have no nips, but the fender has a slight nip that needs to be knocked back.
The photos can be viewed here.

Any advice on how much such a paint job should cost? I believe the whole door needs to be sanded and repainted.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience