wtb honda civic es 1.7 (converted to 2.o dc5)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

wtb honda civic es 1.7 (converted to 2.o dc5)

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
dear guys....
o/behalf im lookin for civic es yr 2002-2005 car that converted to 2.o dc5
engine.if u hav or u know where i can ind it let me know.
and..i need u guys to advise whether is it reliable and advisable to use it.
is it a problem conversion engine or normal like b series.
thanks a lot!!!

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
dear guys....
thanks a lot!!!
read in hypertune once... they say it's a straight bolt on for all parts in the DC5 halfcut, inclusive the dashboard.... except for the external bodypart of course...

on reliability issue... better wait for honda sifu to answer... but honda engines are reliable right?

compaq

1,000 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
petaling jaya
read in hypertune once... they say it's a straight bolt on for all parts in the DC5 halfcut, inclusive the dashboard.... except for the external bodypart of course...

on reliability issue... better wait for honda sifu to answer... but honda engines are reliable right?
the 1.7L trans sits on a different side of the engine bay. just like the EVO3 and EVO4. so you need to moved the engine mounts. i did it before.
buy the ES 2.0L model,its the same engine as the DC5
the dash fits just nice

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
thanks a lot bro......:adore:

Bump: thanks a lot bro......:adore:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
the 1.7L trans sits on a different side of the engine bay. just like the EVO3 and EVO4. so you need to moved the engine mounts. i did it before.
buy the ES 2.0L model,its the same engine as the DC5
the dash fits just nice

ooooo 1.7 and 2.0 hv different mounting ka?? ingatkan beza cc je... thankssss

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
but then the ES 2.0 cost more than the 1.7 ler..hey compaq, ur ES sold ade?

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
yar lor....price diff abt 5-10k
any one got?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i think the price difference is 10k and above lo..not cheap eh

redoctober

Known Member
Aug 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
dear guys....
thanks a lot!!!
i did use ES1.7 before, actually this model same platform with DC5. same chassis & suspension design (of cause DS5will improved) but this model not very good in chassis modify future, maybe this model more in comfort so you need extra cost to get the batter handeling. if you looking a super-racing Civic. i suggest you go back to EK or maybe FD if you got money. all this model are batter in suspension setting. this just my idea.

compaq

1,000 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
petaling jaya
i did use ES1.7 before, actually this model same platform with DC5. same chassis & suspension design (of cause DS5will improved) but this model not very good in chassis modify future, maybe this model more in comfort so you need extra cost to get the batter handeling. if you looking a super-racing Civic. i suggest you go back to EK or maybe FD if you got money. all this model are batter in suspension setting. this just my idea.
Of course if you compare DC5 and the ES. The ES has thinner front anti-roll bar and 'No' anti-roll bar at the rear. And also the cross member or subframe differ from DC5 to ES. If you fit those roll bars from the DC5, it will handle much better but of course it cant match the handling of the DC5R which has a much thicker bar.

Bump:
but then the ES 2.0 cost more than the 1.7 ler..hey compaq, ur ES sold ade?
Of course la,you want this type of spec where got cheap one? Try to do it yourself and see how cheap it can get.
Yea, my ES sold quite some time ago.

redoctober

Known Member
Aug 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
Of course if you compare DC5 and the ES. The ES has thinner front anti-roll bar and 'No' anti-roll bar at the rear. And also the cross member or subframe differ from DC5 to ES. If you fit those roll bars from the DC5, it will handle much better but of course it cant match the handling of the DC5R which has a much thicker bar.

Bump:

Of course la,you want this type of spec where got cheap one? Try to do it yourself and see how cheap it can get.
Yea, my ES sold quite some time ago.
maybe find EP3 halfcut. same platform with ES also.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
well,obvious d 2.0 ES Civic will cost more thn d 1.7 ES Civic.d question is,how much r u willing 2 spend 2 get urself a 2.0 DC5 K20A ES Civic?
AFAIK,even d 1st model 1.7 ES Civics(circa 2001?) will cost RM50K n above....getting a DC5 1/2 cut alone is like wat?RM20K?now factor in d conversion charges.say if u get a unit 4 sale,wat wud b fair asking price frm d owner?in short,u won get it 4 cheap.
so,i still think d ur best bet is by getting a 2.0 ES Civic.dis models only came out end of 2004 w d last facelift 4 d ES model.hence,u get a newer car,better reliability(coz its originally 2.0 frm d factory),plus u'll also get better deal(interest rates n loan tenure) frm d bank 4 a 2004 car,right?
frm d market scene,a 2004/2005 2.0 ES Civic will cost @ least RM80K..good luck

bubblebee

Known Member
Dec 14, 2007
thanks bro..
tats is my last choice get a 2.0 model.
few month a go theres some one wanna sell es with dc5 engine.
here in zth black colour.sell 4 70++ i calculate d/p only 10k++.
well i still in patient.the coz to upgrading easily reach 25k...alot ooooo.
anyway..thanks again.
anyone?idea or tot?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bubblebee: i think u r referring to compaq's ES converted K20A type S..it's not k20A type R..yup, he's selling at 70k++ dat time..if u wanna do the conversion urself, i think u might need some advice from him..:love:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
ehdrian,
waddaya mean by Type S?r u referring 2 d Acura RSX's Type S manual K20A or d Honda Integra DC5 Type S K20A whc AFAIK comes in tiptronic guise,right?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
akuma: for more info pls ask COMPAQ..i used to ask him whether he's using K20A-R, then he told me it's not type r but type S..he did explained to me the diff between those 2 but i forgotten ade..his type S got tip tronic wan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all. i would like to ask can the evo 4, 5 or 6 engine be transplant into the inspira aka lancer gt??? can this be done? anybody knows???? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience