while taruk reverse gear

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
hi all,

this nvr happen to my new car last time...

but happen to my new kenari...

from time to time i find it hard to engage gears....strangely sometime is ok....

then reverse gear ...sometime got loud sond "Kraaaaakkk" eventhough i already fully press the clutch...is the sound when u engage reverse gear while car still moving forward. but my car was completely halt tht time.....

wat happen? new car man....sakit hati to hear the kraaakk sound :(

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
the word is NEW .. u can use method by vestax .. or adjust the clutch cable according to ure feet press pressure. try full 'tekan" the clutch and put "R" gear .. sure smooth .. but of cos we dont push clutch that hard to put gear rite?... adjust the clutch cable ;)

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Mar 29 2005, 09:29
before putting into reverse put it into 3rd or 5th gear and then into R , this will reduce the krak sound and get the gears in smoothly.
[snapback]849763[/snapback]​
no direct solution? now the moment b4 i engage reverse gear, VERY SCARE la <_<

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
sakuraguy,

where can i find the clucth cable?

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
well, nothing much to do since there's no syncro for the reverse gear. can follow vestax advice by engaging a synchro gear to stop the shaft & gears from spinning 1st to reduce crunch

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
before engage the reverse gear the car must be fully stoped
even my 10 years old junk wira will also have this sound if i try engage R gear while the car still move (even move front or reverse)

so solution is total stop then just engage R gear!!!!

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by badguy@Mar 29 2005, 16:00
before engage the reverse gear the car must be fully stoped
even my 10 years old junk wira will also have this sound if i try engage R gear while the car still move (even move front or reverse)

so solution is total stop then just engage R gear!!!!
[snapback]851015[/snapback]​
yes. i know tht. But my car is complately stop le. see...
but my car was completely halt tht time

hydrogenx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
another reason could be that your g/box 'kong' already..
bearings inside the g/box going 2 kong..

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
oi hydrogenx ... ekekek .. dont larr scare bryan ..read top carefully.. brand NEW kenari u know .. ekekekek....

okay bryan .. im not familiar wif kenari engine .. anyway, the cable will come out from the dashboard level to engine bay, i think its better if u call someone .. ask them to see which cable is moving while u press the clutch .. then u can identify the cable ..

example, for mine is located at the RED circle:

and dont worry if u r unable to adjust it, just bring overto workhop nearby or perodua svc centre and ask them to help u out dude.. and as soon as u can cause .. terminating the gears like dat can cause gear damages later on .. ;)

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Originally posted by sakuraguy@Mar 29 2005, 18:09
oi hydrogenx ... ekekek .. dont larr scare bryan ..read top carefully.. brand NEW kenari u know .. ekekekek....

okay bryan .. im not familiar wif kenari engine .. anyway, the cable will come out from the dashboard level to engine bay, i think its better if u call someone .. ask them to see which cable is moving while u press the clutch .. then u can identify the cable ..

example, for mine is located at the RED circle:

and dont worry if u r unable to adjust it, just bring overto workhop nearby or perodua svc centre and ask them to help u out dude.. and as soon as u can cause .. terminating the gears like dat can cause gear damages later on .. ;)
[snapback]851425[/snapback]​
if u can engage to all 5 forward gears properly, then there is no need to adjust your clutch cable as clutching is sufficient enough..

no need to worry, u r just trying to slip in an idler gear into 2 pinion gears (when u r trying to engange into reverse gear), if the gear teeth misallign, then it will make some sound.. if it is align nicely, then it will slip in nicely without any sound..

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
mmm ... i dunt think proton / perodua would sell cars with gear teeth's can slip one... dont they? .. better .. consult with proton / perodua mechanics .. ;) .. they might solve this prob dude.

when i bought my wira in 2002 i did experience this problem and i managed to solve this problem myself. in my experience, the cable length is not sufficent for reverse gear enter the base properly. somekind of 60% for 5 gears and 40% strength for the reverse gearing.

this is wat my foreman told who is working in Naza Motors .. at last this problem solved without entering Proton's sevice centre. for informations to all, my car never entered Proton's service centre even for first 1st, 2nd and 3rd service where applicable to new cars. ;)

my car is maintained by only one owner, that is my dearest mechanic from Naza Motors .. its better to keep a car with one hand touching it rather than letting it entering many workshop .. correct ? .. if u go 10 workshops .. u will get 10 probs and 10 solutions .. headache guys .. ;)

happy motoring ..

cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, recently I found my gearbox to be leaking oil but not very severely. I went to 2 mechanic workshops to get a diagnosis and quotation on fixing the issue, both of the workshops said it was the oil seal that needs to be replaced. The first one said it was the right side oil seal which I assume is the driver's side driveshaft seal that is leaking, he quoted me around rm120 to replace it, rm40 for each seal and rm40 for labor charge. The second workshop I went to earlier, they took a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience