Which Spring should i buy?

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
i'm using APM sustec on a stock absober... my car is satria 1.3.. satisfied with the ride n hieght...

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Need some recommendation. Heard APM is too stiff la. I under tight budget now. Even cannot afford to pay 400 for the GAB at the moment. Baru rojak engine sudah bankrap.

What other brand ah? Leda?
Currently using 1.6 proton. Current sport springs kong d

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Will it be okay to match a lowered coil spring with a stock abs?
Also, anybody have any good experience with tanabe before as Im looking into tanabe now.

thanks.

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
they say it's not good to match a sport spring(lowered) and a sport abs(short stroker/lowered) together. The abs won't last.

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
antaras said:
they say it's not good to match a sport spring(lowered) and a sport abs(short stroker/lowered) together. The abs won't last.
Erm, u mean sport spring and stock ABS good? or otherwise?

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Crashvenom said:
Erm, u mean sport spring and stock ABS good? or otherwise?
Crashvenom, better dun try using stock suspension with sport springs.....very hard to find a best match on it. Unless you sacrify your comfortable ride.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
azir said:
Im have a satria 1.6m, and now have change my rims with tyre into 205/45/r16. Now i want to lowered my car with sport spring... can anyone suggest me which one should i buy....

I knew most of sifu will ask for Eibach sport spring...but it not under my budget .... only rm500 below.....
i think Rm 500 cannot get la..can get a spring but cannot get a set la (absorber and all)..if you gonna use standard abs,gonna rosak anytime soon..the cannot match the short spring..

my experience :
1 : change to APM sportec spring complete set.
2 : the ride is ok,but the wheels touch the fender..
3 : "ketuk fender"
4 : Still touching..change to Panther Absorber,still using APM spring..front ok..setteled..
5 : Ok then..but the height doesnt seem right..the rear is too high..3 fingers(using APM sportec will make your rear tejongket..believe me..)..like drag car la..
6 : Change the rear to honda ABS.Throw the rear APM spring out and use standard satria 1.6 spring..reason?less bumpy and better.
7 : the rear touch when the car fit 3 or 4 people.have to ketuk more..
8 : Go to Ace technology and ketuk like mad until doing high speed u-turn also cannot kena the fender..
9 : now,satisfied..
front : 1 1/2 fingers
rear : 2 fingers

cost = About Rm 1000
bro,must choose the right abs and spring bro..for me,this setting is nice..

Last edited:

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Im totally stress out.
some say stock abs with sport spring worked well.
some said it will screw up your abs.
some said it screw up your spring.

wah lao, help me out sifu. Wanna go order tanabe coil later.
using gas abs, so its not really stock no?

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
NiCkY7 said:
king coil? :D
wahaha.

btw guys.. i heard eibach springs match up pretty well with most stock absorbers.. true?

damn expensive la eibach.. :mad:

planning to get springs also..but headache..eibach 1000+ for my car..

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
antaras said:
geee... what the hell am I writing?! sorry my bad... it's supposed to be original abs.

sport spring(lowered) + original abs = bad idea
sport spring(lowered) + sport abs(short stroker) = good choice

hahaha... sorry bout the earlier mistake... :P

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
ok... me using the GAB abs(short stroker) + Sparco sport springs(progressive) for a few weeks now... short review...

i'm driving satria 1.6 with 205/45/16 tyres.
1. Ok on comfy. not very bumpy but cannot compared to stock cause stock is super comfy.
2. ride height not very happy. 2.5 fingers all round. Was hoping to get 2 fingers. sigh...
3. cornering ok. normal and a lil spirited drive acceptable but don't whack kao kao cause still kena the fender... sighX2...
4. haven't try sitting ppl at the back but i think should be no problem.(as of normal driving)

For Eibach springs, it's design to work with stock abs. I've heard that Eibach can't lower much your ride but it's a good spring. It's more to comfy rather than performance. correct me if I'm wrong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers,

I am facing the problem of knocking especially during afternoons on hillstarts and of i rev beyond 6500 rpm. I have already adjusted the ignition timing and do not want to retard anymore because anything more than
this, the engine will be sluggish and fc sucks.

Will using colder spark plugs help? I wont go to the ultimate cold ones. Say maybe just 2 steps colder. Is that okay? I do not want problems like spark plug fouling and dirty combustion chamber. People who use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience