Which Spring should i buy?

azir

Apr 7, 2005
Im have a satria 1.6m, and now have change my rims with tyre into 205/45/r16. Now i want to lowered my car with sport spring... can anyone suggest me which one should i buy....

a. Kimex
b. APM
c. Kayaba
d. Sapura leda
e. u suggest ur own
f.
g..

I knew most of sifu will ask for Eibach sport spring...but it not under my budget .... only rm500 below.....

antaras

Aug 30, 2004
hmmm... seems like u are have the same problem that I'm facing now. haha... ummm... if u plan to use lowered sport spring, make sure u use short stroker abs too, as advised by many sifus here. For Eibach, i think many will agree that it's a good quality spring but not much of lowering height(also read from forum). Don't forget, there's also Sparco, H&R and GAB...

a. Kimex
b. APM
c. Kayaba
d. Sapura leda
e. GAB (local, of course)
f. H&R (don't think within your budget)
g. Sparco (this one i think ngam ngam)
h. Eibach (don't think within your budget)

AXXeLL

Subang
how arr... if i'm using stock wira absorbers... but, planning to lower teh car... change to lowering springs enough adi arr...? cos on a tight budget here... hheheh cannot look at TiTan.. eyes pain when see teh price...

icecube

Feb 7, 2005
i drive a kenari and using back stock abs and install in a kimex sport spring, overall very satisfy just ngam ngam the height and ngam ngam the bumpiness... LOL not facing bottoming effect enough thru bump without braking (just testing it) ... it should be within your budget. just talking based on my experince. never try other brand before so no comment on them. hope it helps.

fstr

Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
AXXeLL said:
how arr... if i'm using stock wira absorbers... but, planning to lower teh car... change to lowering springs enough adi arr...? cos on a tight budget here... hheheh cannot look at TiTan.. eyes pain when see teh price...

brothers selling springs for 88 bucks machaa!!! aahahahahhahahaa:D

fstrader said:
brothers selling springs for 88 bucks machaa!!! aahahahahhahahaa:D
that one bumpy like hell lar... quality goods comes with a price... if u wanna go cheap, experience a wild ride then... lolz... :D

mosh7110

Jun 14, 2005
Bayan Lepas
how bout satria 1.3 se? would like to change the spring....which brand suitable? coz those hard springs make a bumpy ride. Don't have budget to change abs. If can please add along the price...don't want kena tipu!

antaras

Aug 30, 2004
hey, I've changed the springs and abs of my ride(1.6) to Sparco(springs) and GAB(abs). It's been 3 days... so far so good. Comfort wise it's good coz not bumpy at all.

Skyline Biru

Dec 8, 2004
how about sapura leda springs combine with APM perfomax abs. It's a lower budget and comfort too.

ModMaestro

Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
just take a torch and cut your springs as per needed, Monster Garage style! :)

but seriously, is your 205/45/r16 going up in overall size or down? And in my personal experience, 205/45 isn't very bumpy a ride with stock suspension.

I'm sure you've heard the problems with lowering, but gotta say it again. going up in size while dropping your ride aren't exactly a good combination. My tyres was rubbing my arches during the 1st or 2nd day, before getting it sorted.

now have 225/40/18, eibach springs and dampers on stock height. so far so good le. nohing better, nothing worse. But I'm running around with a Volvo and have to resize the arches.

wish to ask, Heard NA Camshaft Lift higher and longer compare Stock Cam
Which 1 would be better choice ? 4G91 ? 4G93 ?

Is there any marking on the camshaft ?

Estimate how much duration ..?

tq