Which setup will save my fuel more?

Jun 2, 2021
Hey guys, im using Saga VVT 1.3
My exhaust setup for now is only change stock muffler to Straight Flow Muffler, the sound is really just nice for me, but the problem is my fuel really drain crazy fast, since im working for delivery stuff, i need to save my fuel, im wondering if i use S-Flow will it save more fuel then stock muffler? Please let me know thanks guys.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
My exhaust setup for now is only change stock muffler to Straight Flow Muffler, the sound is really just nice for me, but the problem is my fuel really drain crazy fast, since im working for delivery stuff, i need to save my fuel, im wondering if i use S-Flow will it save more fuel then stock muffler? Please let me know thanks guys.
How fast is crazy fast?
Stock usually is setup for good fc

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Should not make the FC so much worse. Probably you got too excited with the throttle cuz of the sportier sound. Anyway you can try S-Flow or Mugen style twin loop mufflers. I use the twin loop on a different car with satisfactory results, practically no noticeable difference in FC compared to stock but gives nicer sporty sound without having the annoying drones or booming sound.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It will return better fc if your driving style remain the same as with before the mod.

Just like a drop in filter or open pod (proper installation). It should return better fc if your driving style remained. How to remain when the sweet sounding intake begin to control your right foot right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok apart from driver problem - check a few things. O2 sensor? was it relocated or same place? Catcon removed or still there? After changing to straight did you lose low end torque? If you did you probably now throttle harder to move the car which in turn affects FC.

Also changing S flow or straight flow doesn't really change FC much at all. I used to think that but now that I've got one of those valvetronic exhausts on an ancient 20V 4AGE, the straight flows better and has more top end power and makes a lot of noise, but that's about it. I haven't seen any difference in FC.

Oh wheel size changed? Oil changed? spark plugs? air filter? O2 sensor still good? Relocating your O2 sensor up or down the pipe will have some effect on the car either FC or power. Lots of things.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
IMHO, i think 1.3 variant mostly design for a better FC. im my experience manual variant have a better FC. anyhow, like some comment before, i depend on your right foot either you got a lighter or heavier and also others criteria. your changing the muffler with decent design or just normal one? for me when someone asking regarding better FC, it quite subjective issue.

Feb 2, 2023
Hi there!

Regarding your question about fuel consumption, it is not guaranteed that switching to an S-Flow muffler will result in fuel savings. In fact, the straight flow muffler you have now may actually be more efficient than an S-Flow muffler. Factors such as driving style, road conditions, and overall vehicle condition all play a role in determining fuel consumption. It may be a good idea to consider additional modifications, such as a cold air intake or a remap of your engine management system, to improve fuel efficiency. Additionally, keeping your vehicle properly maintained and ensuring that tires are properly inflated can also help to reduce fuel consumption.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i am looking at purchasing a RX-8, which i am aware that it is a rotary and fuel hog. Its just for my weekend drive. Manual transmission is around RM50k. The cons would be, no matter what the previous owner says about the engine, it may still fail and i would be looking at a rebuild at about RM8k or transplant, which is about 12k. The pros about a manual transmission RX-8 at this price range would be that it is maintained well than the much lower priced ones.

Alternatively if i get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience