what type of turbo can fixed in my car?

sfotsy

Dec 12, 2009
Johor
Just wonder what type of turbo can be fixed in my car? Lately someone told me can install Subaru Turbo in my car may i know it is possible? By the way what type of others Turbo i can put it in.

Thanks in advance
sfo

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
First of all, what type of car you are driving now?

sfotsy

Dec 12, 2009
Johor
curentlly i am using the original TD04-15G, and my mode of driving is as usual normal crusing speed, seldom go for racing type however, do sometime speed when i am driving a highway.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if you are not targeting massive hp, i think the cheapest way will be sending your turbo to some sifu here for internal upgrading, heard that it's good... and reliable... i dunno with that changes you need a piggypack or not but sifu from turbo tech talk shall be able to advise you accordingly...:burnout:

I like 850T5, very cool looking.... saw from overseas magazine they dump in gt3037 with lots of mod also... so damn cool!!!

sfotsy

Dec 12, 2009
Johor
yeah i was told this car got plenty of things to play with. You say Internal upgrading is this regarding on upgrading on the ECU?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

since you are using TD04 why dont you try TD05?
May i know what is this TD05? do i need any modification if i fixed this one in my car?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
since you are using TD04 why dont you try TD05?
Err... it doesn't work that way bro... The T5 TD04 15G is a MHI turbo but does not comes with MHI/DSM flanges. Because the engine exhaust port is facing the firewall, the mounting of the turbo also differs from our MHI turbo from Mitsu.

There are lots of modification needs to be done. Turbin inlet flange is different direction. The T5 Turbine outlet flange uses 3 bolts, Mitsubishi's having 4.

The compressor inlet is not a big deal. But the compressor outlet is different in terms of direction and also the flange. Mitsubishi TD0X uses flange, T5 TD0X uses hose and clip. So, they are different.

yeah i was told this car got plenty of things to play with. You say Internal upgrading is this regarding on upgrading on the ECU?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

May i know what is this TD05? do i need any modification if i fixed this one in my car?
He meant the internals of the turbine. Send it to Tong Turbo Cheras. Tell him what ur expectation. Remember, be humble to Tong.

TD05, refer to above. Stated. TD05 is from mitsubishi EVO and VR4 RS(TD05 14B)

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Yeah, exactly~~
I think by upgrading the internal should be able to satisfy most of your needs without sacrificing too much...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Err... it doesn't work that way bro... The T5 TD04 15G is a MHI turbo but does not comes with MHI/DSM flanges. Because the engine exhaust port is facing the firewall, the mounting of the turbo also differs from our MHI turbo from Mitsu.

There are lots of modification needs to be done. Turbin inlet flange is different direction. The T5 Turbine outlet flange uses 3 bolts, Mitsubishi's having 4.

The compressor inlet is not a big deal. But the compressor outlet is different in terms of direction and also the flange. Mitsubishi TD0X uses flange, T5 TD0X uses hose and clip. So, they are different.

He meant the internals of the turbine. Send it to Tong Turbo Cheras. Tell him what ur expectation. Remember, be humble to Tong.

TD05, refer to above. Stated. TD05 is from mitsubishi EVO and VR4 RS(TD05 14B)
sorry sorry i thought he is using mitsubishi GSR type of td04

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

which tune shop is best for modification ? stages 1, 2 and 3!

please listing the location thnx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience