Waxing Problem, Need Help!

IceBikers

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
I bought turtle wax to triy to wax my bro wira se, today i tried it on the front(bonet), i washed it with dish wash liquid to get rid of previous wax(previous owner done) n dirt, then i wash again with turtle car wash then i wax it..

the problem comes... there is a layer on the car after i waxed it.. i believe it is the wax thing, yeah it does remove the swirls.. but no matter how i buff it.. the layer wun go away instead of a shining later... so u'll see the circular waxing layer...

how to get rid of it?
this is my first time of waxing car..

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Dun really understand what you meant here...did you try use a soft cloth try wipe it away ??

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
Originally posted by g88@Apr 24 2005, 00:02
Dun really understand what you meant here...did you try use a soft cloth try wipe it away ??
[snapback]922085[/snapback]​

i think he just gave the bonet some spider web scratches

IceBikers

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
i tried but can't wipe it away.. u can see alot circular if u stand infront of the car..

and this morning i wash it off n waxed again.. wait a few mins.. n buff with clean cloth.. the result is same.

betkers

Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by lonewolf+Apr 24 2005, 04:54 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonewolf @ Apr 24 2005, 04:54 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-g88@Apr 24 2005, 00:02

i think he just gave the bonet some spider web scratches
[snapback]922480[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

How to get rid of spider web scratches?

IceBikers

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Originally posted by Jackie Leong+Apr 24 2005, 14:04 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jackie Leong @ Apr 24 2005, 14:04 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-g88@Apr 24 2005, 00:02
it's more like noticeable wax stains on the car paint even after wiping it..
[snapback]922995[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

yeah the wax stains wun go away.. and what is spider scratch?

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Not to scare u bro but the lines and 'scratches' u see might stay there forever...

Did u wax it under the hot sun ? My advise - dont rub any more. Try to use water and fingers to rub it abit. If its still there, then confirm your paint 'die' already...

Just my 1.5 cents.. based on my personal experience

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Originally posted by IceBikers@Apr 24 2005, 10:27
i tried but can't wipe it away.. u can see alot circular if u stand infront of the car..

and this morning i wash it off n waxed again.. wait a few mins.. n buff with clean cloth.. the result is same.
[snapback]922641[/snapback]​

Eih,.. forgot to read this post. Then I can confirm to you that the paint is dead. The scratches u see is there permanently. Stop waxing anymore coz it will eat up more of the paint and eventually the metal will be seen.

Later along the months, u will see the paint is faded and the scratches are even more obvious during hot days.

I used turtle wax b4, it really eats up the paint! Even any cheapo waxes are the same. Best is to send to the shop few months once to wax it. They have the facilities and machine to do it.

To confirm what I say, ask the car painters...

Sorry bro.

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
i believe da pervious owner take ur car to those painer shop to polish....so they use some kind of thing call 'compound' to polish ur car using da machine....tat's y u car got alot circle look....

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
is compound, that machine thing we can buy for RM100 + where we can wax at home?

s-c

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
IceBikers said:
I bought turtle wax to triy to wax my bro wira se, today i tried it on the front(bonet), i washed it with dish wash liquid to get rid of previous wax(previous owner done) n dirt, then i wash again with turtle car wash then i wax it..

the problem comes... there is a layer on the car after i waxed it.. i believe it is the wax thing, yeah it does remove the swirls.. but no matter how i buff it.. the layer wun go away instead of a shining later... so u'll see the circular waxing layer...

how to get rid of it?
this is my first time of waxing car..
use clay. buy magic clay from eneos. the purpose is to remove oil substances such as these.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Dude.... first and foremost, never use dish washing liquid to wash your car. Its too strong and causes your paint to have micro cracks. Its the same as washing your car with salt water a.k.a sea water!! water seeps into the body and than causes rust. no shit man.... i read this in an article....

Ok, from my guess.... u can't get a shine right..?? you get like this dirty layer right.... ok, a couple of suggestions....

1. Only wax/polish your car when its cool. NEVER under the sun or when the body is hot.
2. Remember, that a polish and wax are two different things. You need to polish first before you can apply wax. Polish will give you a shine and remove any dirt/grime, NOT wax. Wax is just a layer to protect your paint.
3. AFTER polishing followed by waxing. Use a CLEAN, VERY CLEAN cloth to buff.

i may be wrong, but these are just my 2 cents worth...

IceBikers

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
i did all the right way..
no scratchs at all... just the swirls..

paint dead?!! no way.. the car just 1.5 years...

never mind, thanks guys for ur replies..
i think i just wash the car enuff... no more waxing..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone.

Currently im using 195/50/15 tyre size.

But, for the next change im considering for 205/60/15 or 195/60/15.

The question is, can i use that tyre size? any pros and cons?

Reply is appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience