Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Nice writeup bro!

My experience on this:

Using normal paint polishes, as per your result, doesn't fully remove.

Use Acid based cleaners (StainX), fast and effective, but risky. If the glass has been treated by using those powder type watermark remover + 3M sanding sponge (Rainaway style), and you use Stain X after that to remove new watermarks, it will haze the glass slightly because the 3M sanding sponge leaves very very fine scratches and the acid somehow will haze the glass. So the danger is not knowing whether or not the glass has been 'scoured' before. I have been using this combo also but it will leave some scratches in the glass when inspected with high lumens LED light.

Now my fav combo is Sonax/Osren Felt Pad and an abrasive glass polish (Sonax Profiline Glass Polish / CarPro Ceriglass / Osren Glass Polish Cream) polished with DA polisher. Removes all watermarks, without putting any new scratches in. You should try this if you have the chance. Downside is it takes more time compared to acid.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ken, when I used Osren watermark powder + 3M sanding sponge, I used ONR as clay lube instead of just water, never cut down the 3M sanding pad then it already is to minimize pressure applied (more surface area), work with minimal palm pressure on pad. Slowly work the pad and spraying clay lube to the back of the pad without lifting it to reduce abrasiveness. So far don't see any scratches yet even with LED light. You saw those fine scratches on windscreen (laminated glass) or side windows? Never knew acid would do that. Great info.

Also, is there any visible difference on the glass surface by polishing with felt + cerium oxide? Want to try.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice writeup bro!

My experience on this:

Using normal paint polishes, as per your result, doesn't fully remove.

Use Acid based cleaners (StainX), fast and effective, but risky. If the glass has been treated by using those powder type watermark remover + 3M sanding sponge (Rainaway style), and you use Stain X after that to remove new watermarks, it will haze the glass slightly because the 3M sanding sponge leaves very very fine scratches and the acid somehow will haze the glass. So the danger is not knowing whether or not the glass has been 'scoured' before. I have been using this combo also but it will leave some scratches in the glass when inspected with high lumens LED light.

Now my fav combo is Sonax/Osren Felt Pad and an abrasive glass polish (Sonax Profiline Glass Polish / CarPro Ceriglass / Osren Glass Polish Cream) polished with DA polisher. Removes all watermarks, without putting any new scratches in. You should try this if you have the chance. Downside is it takes more time compared to acid.
Will try this in the future... Thanks bro!!! You advise is consistent as what Jack said. DA is better in polishing glass...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A gsr 4g93 here
Would like to upgrade my turbo to td05 16g or20g.
Any recommend brand ??
Not cheap but reliable brand with brand new no used unit ty.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience