Water temp installation

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
i also got the meter aready , i guess the sensor can be placed in my car without doing an adapter . cause my car has a heater which has been blocked by a stopper , so i guess i need to take out the stopper and plug the sensor in there .

anyway im still puzzled with the wiring part , what is grommet ?. do i need to use an 18 gauge wire ? or any wire will do ?.

so reading the diagram , one wire to the sensor , one more need to be ground & last will be the ignition is that correct ?.

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
Originally posted by vestax@Jan 8 2005, 01:21
anyway im still puzzled with the wiring part , what is grommet ?.
grommet is the rubber cover on the firewall...u can see a few grommets on the firewall with opening on it, for wiring loom to go through in to passenger cabin...

do i need to use an 18 gauge wire ? or any wire will do ?.
aiyaa.. i just use ordinary wire...heheh seems ok to me :)

so reading the diagram , one wire to the sensor , one more need to be ground & last will be the ignition is that correct ?.
yup...pretty much like that...i just follow the diagram and it works.. B)

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
Originally posted by KeonG@Jan 8 2005, 18:43
the which NPT thread that fit for the wira 1.5?
sorry dude, not sure about 1.5... :)

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
oh groment is the hole at the firewall , i thought what , anyway i`ve installed the sensor aready , i`ve taken out the old stopper and pluged the sensor in there . the NPT fits just nice .

what i need to do is the wiring , at the moment i can't find the ignition wiring la , any idea what colour izzit ? black ?. izzit 1 wire to the ignition or there is alot of wires ?.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
cipek sifu vestax.. dunno how to find the ignition wire? :lol: urs is what model? autogauge smoked or d normal wans? smoked gauge will need u connect to the ignition..if the normal wans. u have to use the headlamp 12v powersourse. u can test out the +ve from the fuse box itself mah.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index....showtopic=35843

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
how to find the ignition wire la ? serious if u take a look down the steering box , u`ll see maggie mee la down there . which is which also i donno .

me using the normal one la , but in the instruction still say need to tap it to the ignition wire . as for the meter light i tap it on my current boost meter . now the ignition part only la .

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
Originally posted by vestax@Jan 9 2005, 23:12
how to find the ignition wire la
ok2..u can try to use ezwong2002 method which is by tapping wire to the fuse...

but what i did was to tap ignition wire(+) to the ciggie lighter(+) wire...in my case the (+) wire on the ciggie lighter is blue...((-)ground wire is black)

of coz if u look down the steering wheel, i also get confused, which is which...sort of like maggie mee...heheh :P
that's why its easier to just tap the wire at the output equipment, hope this help

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
hold up , now im getting more confuse , do i really need to tap the ignition wire or i can tap any 12v source ?. but the way i see it , i only need 1 wire from the ignition to the meter . if i can tap any 12v source wouldn't it be like 2 wires ( + ) & ( - ) ?.

now i betul betul pening , you tap at the ignition wire or the ciggie lighter wire ?. sorry la , if i ask too many question , i don't really understand . if boost meter all easy la as i only need 12v source .

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004

u see here...
there r 4 terminals and 2 wires(for LAMP, red&black) on the back of the meter....

here's what i did..
1. (+) wire for LAMP tap to any(+) wire for lamp output(in my case i tap to ashtray light)
2. (-) wire for LAMP tap to any(-) wire for lamp output(in my case i tap to ashtray light)
3. (+) or IGNITION terminal, tap to (+) wire of ciggie lighter
4. (-) terminal, tap to black wire of ciggie lighter
5. S, this one just wire up to sensor
6. ground wire on meter holder, just tap to the same black wire of ciggie lighter

hope this help... B)

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
hahaha.. dat stupiak autogauge... always ask ppl to tap to ignition 12v source ler... but actually.. any 12v source will do.. ciggie lighter source from the fuse box is a good choice.

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
ezwong2002,
dude, u said u hv the adaptor for sensor...
how can i get it from u??

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
okay done the wiring , thanks guy's anyway my wiring damn messy like hell .

anyway my temp reading its at 90 celcius la , hot right ?. if above 100 celcius gasket blow izzit ?. :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Go ahead, drool, it’s ok, I did the same while writing this. For most of us, this will end up as another collection in our wallpaper folder. For the rest, I don’t like you. Yes, I’m jealous. I can’t afford this car, not for now anyway. Wishful thinking, I know. But can you blame me? Look at it; it’s stunning. Yes, there is already a roofless F430 running around, its called the Spyder, some of you may remember it from the movie...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience