Wastegate Function

Sep 21, 2005
gombak
what Is The Function Of Wastegate. I M Driving A Stock Turbo Car, Can I Use The Wastegate? Plz Help... Also What Is The Pros And Cons If I Use It?

crazy4honda

500 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
kl
ATREK said:
what Is The Function Of Wastegate. I M Driving A Stock Turbo Car, Can I Use The Wastegate? Plz Help... Also What Is The Pros And Cons If I Use It?
huhu..after this all sifu will ask u to use the search button or find in the internet....but what about the 'tulang ikan' function??

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Well, the main purpose of people installing a wastegate is to regulate/stabilize boost pressure.There are 2 types....internal wastegates & external wastegates.

Some turbos do come with a built in internal wastegate.

People change to a bigger and external wastegate for 2 reasons :

1 - To stabilize the boost in high powered applications.....

2 - For the "Ganas a.k.a Kahak Basah sound " .... hahahaha! :X-:

can search the web if u need more info in detail.

hope this helps bro.

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
crazy4honda said:
huhu..after this all sifu will ask u to use the search button or find in the internet....but what about the 'tulang ikan' function??
The infamous "tulang ikan" is a make-shift boost controller....ive got it in my car currently but changing soon...:_:

Pros = Alternative way to increase/decrease boost...costs less than 5 bucks...haha

Cons = unstable, and boost variation is a norm...........eg; even if youre boosting at 1.2bar at first, later on it'll drop to maybe 1 bar or less.

ATREK

Sep 21, 2005
gombak
thankz bro for the info.. one more thing, will there be any problem if i install external wastegate to a stock turbo car?

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Nope...should'nt be a prob.

BTW, whats the current boost on your car ?

cause i maybe wrong,but i think the lowest spring rate for an external wastegate is at 0.7bar ( that ive seen ).

So if your car is boosting at 1bar or above,everything should be nice... :_:

it'll protect your turbo,engine,etc in the long run plus u get the ganas sound...!!!!
HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTT !!! LoL !!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Damn! I happened to look outside and some gasbag was leaning on my Beetle, he saw me looking and then stopped and went over and leaned on my freshly painted Civic, yakking on his phone all the time. I got pissed off, opened my gate and shouted at him! He said sorry and walked away ...

Why do these morons go and lean on peoples cars? Would they lean on someone's Maserati/Ferrari or even a new Accord/Camry? Just because a car is old, they think they can use it as a bench, leaning post, etc...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience