Usefulness of wastegate

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
hmm? i thought wastegate is to bypass exhaust gas so your car won't go overpower or overboost? more like limiting the power for the health of your turbo rather than increase power.

dun quote me on that, i'm no turbo user.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
wastegate doesn't increase power... just increases turbo response, and is more stabilized limiting boost.

STock torbo's also got internal wastegate... most aftermarket turbos don't have internal wastegate... which requires you to purchase and install an external wastegate.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yup..its to bypass the turbine to control the amount of boost to be produced by the compressor.

AsianBookie

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
j.b johor
alvin24 said:
wastegate doesn't increase power... just increases turbo response, and is more stabilized limiting boost.

STock torbo's also got internal wastegate... most aftermarket turbos don't have internal wastegate... which requires you to purchase and install an external wastegate.
alvin24: issit all aftermarket turbo dun have the wastegate?
how many wastegates i need in a turbo?
like the bigger the turbo is, i need more wastegate??

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
okay i should repharse it than.. haha depending on how much exhaust need to be release in order to prevent overboost some cars might need more than 1... hehe normally use 1 only... maaf bang maaf, or more accurately twin turbo engine.. so could use to wastegate.. correct now?

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Haha.. so can anyone clear the mess up.. cause its logical if you have twin turbo's maybe u need 2 wastegate..

AsianBookie

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
j.b johor
so wastegate is to increases turbo response, as far as i know from this thread

some say only 1 wastegate is enough, some say 2..

but y?

BLaCkHoWLiNG mind to explain?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Swiss tuner Rinspeed has revealed their latest creation based on the Porsche 957 Cayenne. Named the Rinspeed “X-treme,” the tuning package for the facelifted Cayenne gives it a sportier look and more peformance.

Appearance wise, Rinspeed gave the Cayenne a new front skirt and bumper, bigger air intakes, beefy wheel arches, new side and rear skirts and two...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience