Wastegate Function

Sep 21, 2005
gombak
what Is The Function Of Wastegate. I M Driving A Stock Turbo Car, Can I Use The Wastegate? Plz Help... Also What Is The Pros And Cons If I Use It?

crazy4honda

500 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
kl
ATREK said:
what Is The Function Of Wastegate. I M Driving A Stock Turbo Car, Can I Use The Wastegate? Plz Help... Also What Is The Pros And Cons If I Use It?
huhu..after this all sifu will ask u to use the search button or find in the internet....but what about the 'tulang ikan' function??

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Well, the main purpose of people installing a wastegate is to regulate/stabilize boost pressure.There are 2 types....internal wastegates & external wastegates.

Some turbos do come with a built in internal wastegate.

People change to a bigger and external wastegate for 2 reasons :

1 - To stabilize the boost in high powered applications.....

2 - For the "Ganas a.k.a Kahak Basah sound " .... hahahaha! :X-:

can search the web if u need more info in detail.

hope this helps bro.

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
crazy4honda said:
huhu..after this all sifu will ask u to use the search button or find in the internet....but what about the 'tulang ikan' function??
The infamous "tulang ikan" is a make-shift boost controller....ive got it in my car currently but changing soon...:_:

Pros = Alternative way to increase/decrease boost...costs less than 5 bucks...haha

Cons = unstable, and boost variation is a norm...........eg; even if youre boosting at 1.2bar at first, later on it'll drop to maybe 1 bar or less.

ATREK

Sep 21, 2005
gombak
thankz bro for the info.. one more thing, will there be any problem if i install external wastegate to a stock turbo car?

Cohiba

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Nope...should'nt be a prob.

BTW, whats the current boost on your car ?

cause i maybe wrong,but i think the lowest spring rate for an external wastegate is at 0.7bar ( that ive seen ).

So if your car is boosting at 1bar or above,everything should be nice... :_:

it'll protect your turbo,engine,etc in the long run plus u get the ganas sound...!!!!
HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTT !!! LoL !!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Anyone knows where to get a custom drive shaft built around Klang valley?high performance one for modified car. Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience