Vw intalks with proton .. again...

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>VW returns as a suitor for Proton

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
Will Proton allow VW to make its presence felt in Malaysia?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA --><!-- S SF -->Volkswagen has revived its interest in Malaysian carmaker Proton.
VW has arranged imminent talks with the state investment body controlling Proton to discuss either joint projects or taking a stake in the company.
The German carmaker is keen to form an alliance in Asia, where it faces increasing competition from regional car manufacturers.
Proton sees a tie-up with VW as a means of accessing new technology and expanding its presence outside Asia. <!-- E SF -->
Long-term target
Proton has already held tie-up talks with both Peugeot and VW.
Earlier talks with VW collapsed in January 2006, after the extent of state control over Proton proved to be a stumbling block. It was believed that the Malaysian government was reluctant to relinquish its "golden share" in Proton. This gives the state a right to veto any plans for the company it may disagree with.<!-- E BO -->

source - bbc.co.uk
BBC NEWS | Business | VW returns as a suitor for Proton

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
As long as proton is manage by umnoknnccbpolitician,they can never improve at all. Look at the proton persona, they are wasting tax payer monies.

Would u invest in a company that u have no say and cannot make any decision?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Can i say why won't they just give up Proton just like Augusta?? No, becos Proton internal corruption feed UMNO crooks too...

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
Tohsan,
I agree with u that the controller of Proton are running it to the ground..
But from a VW, they must be liking the idea that even if they produce a shitty
lookalike, there will be Minimum 8000 buyers.. Thats How many people snapped up the Pesona when it was launched...
So for there minimum input, they get maximum return..
Just my 2 cents :)

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
yes, for vw, its the number of cars they can sell... its way more lucrative that selling their own vw in m'sia.

but it all boils down to the stakes ... the proton "controllers" wouldn't want to loose their "rice bowl" to foreigner.

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Alamak will this thread will become another Proton-Bashing thread ?

Stay tuned =)

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
zep,
"rice bowl"
u mean personal fund for Imported cars..kekek

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
i think proton ppl are hooked on the free karipap and kopi drinks served during meetings....if not, why meetings, meetings and still meetings??? hahaha!

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Volkswagen just want the manufacturer plant, basically they have no interested in Proton watsoever if they have to wrestle for it...... Proton will benefit from low cost production and management, while VW will penetrate ASEAN market.... Proton survive for next few years, VW wins more.......

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Proton Pesona? what the different from Gen2.. i tot it a whole new models judging by this advertisement. Come out in the end, look like Gen2 with longer tail. :)

Maybe with VW with Proton, we can get VW Golf GTI with proton badge. :)

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
the thing is, i hope vW can do something to proton like what they did to skoda n audi..
then only..... we can see something a lil' bit more quality and innovative design from them..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Once this partnership works out, VW will have to open up more service outlets cos they should see that more cars will be sent back for warranty claims. hahahaha

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
daniel lee,
I forget to add, VW will lose out even more because so many cars are sent back for warranty claim, that VW will have to cover for the parts that are replaced. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Haltech and Microtech Tuning Day

To all who use the Microtech or Haltech ECU, we had a day of tuning for vehicles using the ECU, tuning is limited to 10 cars only.Free for Dyno only, Pay For Fee Tuning.Tune max POWER,safe and reliable.Drag,Drift and Track...we tune for you.

We are here Advanced Performance Tuning: Haltech and Microtech Tuning Day
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience