L200S Need help again...

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
I need help from you sifus again....

Ok, since alternator problem was solved this was another one that has been bugging me till I burst my head.

Firstly, when the car was brought in, fuel pressure at the fuel regulator was reading 6 (if not mistaken)
No weird noises on the fuel pump. Then a few weeks later, there was some weird noises on the FP like it's suffocating (something like sucking a hollow end plastic bag with your mouth) and pressure reads 4.
pressure goes up a little when revved, probably near 5. Sometimes on idling will hear it rev a little then stall a while. Stall in just 1 second interval. (Like *vroom* stall *vroom* stall)

Secondly, when I engage the clutch after shifting gears (I mean all the gears 1-5&R) any of these, the car straight away silent mode(even quieter than idling) and no response on the engine even on full throttle. I have to maintain some throttle and the clutch at certain levels to keep it moving (as in slipping the clutch) to move the car. But this didn't last long, probably in 2-3 mins the engine stalls on me.(Felt it was stalling, clutched the engine & let go of throttle) On idling, no problem. But when the gears are engaged, this happens.

First time encountered this kind of problem... no idea how to solve it:confused::confused::confused:

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
aircond on? change ficd to Toyota? did u lighten you flywheel?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
mouse8899 said:
Firstly, when the car was brought in, fuel pressure at the fuel regulator was reading 6 (if not mistaken)
No weird noises on the fuel pump. Then a few weeks later, there was some weird noises on the FP like it's suffocating (something like sucking a hollow end plastic bag with your mouth) and pressure reads 4.
pressure goes up a little when revved, probably near 5. Sometimes on idling will hear it rev a little then stall a while. Stall in just 1 second interval. (Like *vroom* stall *vroom* stall)
Things that I could think off:
  1. Clog somewhere? first by replacing the fuel filter... if not then work your way the fuel lines to check whether its clogging
  2. electricity, your previous post mentioned that you have issue with wiring... could be it affecting the fuel pump. do check its wirings and relay
  3. replace the fuel pump altogether... a hint, wira 1.6 fuel pump bolt right up and could be used up to 200hp if you feeling naughty with the engine :listen:

mouse8899 said:
Secondly, when I engage the clutch after shifting gears (I mean all the gears 1-5&R) any of these, the car straight away silent mode(even quieter than idling) and no response on the engine even on full throttle. I have to maintain some throttle and the clutch at certain levels to keep it moving (as in slipping the clutch) to move the car. But this didn't last long, probably in 2-3 mins the engine stalls on me.(Felt it was stalling, clutched the engine & let go of throttle) On idling, no problem. But when the gears are engaged, this happens.

First time encountered this kind of problem... no idea how to solve it:confused::confused::confused:
my guts telling its some gearbox issue... I'm going to my fave pomen this evening, I'll ask him and post his answer here later

paging papagoines.....l2s/l5 expert...
Haiyo! no expert la... just happen to friend some otais and sifus la....

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
firstly, throttle body?
secondly, too much engine oil?

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
Things that I could think off:
  1. Clog somewhere? first by replacing the fuel filter... if not then work your way the fuel lines to check whether its clogging
    ok will check on the fuel lines
  2. electricity, your previous post mentioned that you have issue with wiring... could be it affecting the fuel pump. do check its wirings and relay
    borrowed a new set of wiring from the chop-shop today, fixing it up in process... old wiring many fly here and there on the relay side, even you see also :hmmmm:
  3. replace the fuel pump altogether... a hint, wira 1.6 fuel pump bolt right up and could be used up to 200hp if you feeling naughty with the engine :listen:
    that would be the last resort

my guts telling its some gearbox issue... I'm going to my fave pomen this evening, I'll ask him and post his answer here later
ok, thanks... when ever under load it happens. but if jack the buggy up on jack stand, running smooth gao gao
the other day when replacing valve cover rubber seal found the valve train sludge everywhere, mostly hardened sludge on the tappet side, could that lead to this issue?

firstly, throttle body?
secondly, too much engine oil?
throttle body inside is clean, don't think it cause this issue. but there is 2 hose fittings under the throttle body that is left open. no idea where it goes to. buggy not using brake/clutch booster, just individual cylinder
engine oil level is ok

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
shown my pomen this thread yesterday... he also no clue

he says need to see it for himself...

as per sludge issue, try clean it up and test again.....

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
shown my pomen this thread yesterday... he also no clue

he says need to see it for himself...

as per sludge issue, try clean it up and test again.....
tried to clean up without taking everything apart... unless have to do full overhaul, just scared after overhaul and still the same result and waste a lot of time. for the time being swap in the wiring and try first
if you got any word on this problem, please give some tips here

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
**check for any loose hoses. especially the throttle body hose, check that 1st, then move down to the rest.
**try to shorten your clutch pedal. there is a screw just above your clutch pedal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last night my fren's satria got break in at OUG. Broke the side window and got into the car. Among the stolen items are avcr blue screen, emanage, greddy boost meter, PRO meters, futsal shoe and so on ... When my fren was about to go take his car, the bugger was still there dismantling his stuff. The bugger was a chinese guy, quite tall.
When notice my fren was approching, the bugger escaped in a perdana. 1st batch v6, the colour is silver brownish, the plate is WJE...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience