VAFC vs SAFC

WhoKnowsTheDevil

Nov 16, 2005
i got few inquiry regarding VAFC & SAFC and I hope it will make me more understand the actual function for both device.Any explaination from expertise out there are most welcome.

1- The difference between VAFC & SAFC
2- How does it function.
3- What's the positive effect on car performance
4- Does it compatible with Wira Aeroback 1.3 Fuel Injection engine year 2000,
cause sometime I see that wira did use this device (w/out knowing either the
engine are standard or already covert to other performance engine)

Thanx guys...

[email protected]

Jun 3, 2006
VAFC just for the car who has vtec engine only , SAFC is for all injection car .....
y u dont install the lastest AFC NEO , VAFC & SAFC inside.....colour screen too ....:biggrin:

WhoKnowsTheDevil

Nov 16, 2005
Thanx darren for the info...really appreciate it....
I'm planning to install AFC NEO..but then with all these questions playing around me...postponed....need further explaination before install it cause related to $$/RM..... :adore:

zero2hundred

1,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
earth
VAFC - Vtec Air Flow Converter
SAFC - Super Air Flow Converter

obviously a V is for vtec, vafc normally ppl used to set the activation of vtec in certain rpm range following on ur needs, or either mivec....but mivec hardly can do the proper tuning by using this device, becos of the difference in terms of wiring and sensors for their both..

and safc, its suitable for common fuel injection cars can fix but the ecu haftu be mmc batch instead of using local siemens ecu which produced began of yr 2001++ cars i guessed...so need not to worry if ur ride isnt tat batch :) ...lets simplified it...afc is functional for ur air-flow/fuel adjuster,its to tune or balance up the air/fuel ratio of ur car for more power after the several mods tat had done into the engine bay,no doubt the flows of ur engine will be screwed up or the improper amount of fuel supply...so this device is the way to go...hope it helps :)

WhoKnowsTheDevil

Nov 16, 2005
Model : Proton Wira (Aeroback) 1.3 GLi
Engine Type : Normal Aspirated, Inline 4, 12 valves, SOHC - 4G13P
ECU: VDO (Lotus system)
Fuel System : Multipoint Fuel Injection
Engine Size : 1299cc

engine info which i get from other website on 4G13 standard car spec....
so sifoo,any other advise if I decide to install it on my car either can or cannot...
If can...which one better for a beginner like me between SAFC Blue Screen or just jump to AFC NEO.....my car only stock on engine...no mod yet but other part already changed (eg:interior and exterior+sound system)....

zero2hundred

1,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
earth
ECU: VDO (Lotus system) , advisable dont fix on safc or neo...your ecu batch is the latest ones after mmc ...and why ? the reason of not fixing it is becos of the wiring color code of VDO wiring are different from safc, if u wanna fix it u need a VDO ecu diagram which most of us didnt got it even mechanics. But not all....need to find,barely have!! Yet it might not function properly if u fix in a VDO ecu like yours, VDO are firmly set to default since u bought ur car d,default as in not tunable at all...somehow u try to tune it ,it still cant work perfectly as for the safc..and not being look down of stock engine, really no point pluggin in an safc for a stock with the engine bay untouch, it could hardly increase HP if just to fix safc only...this is the start where u shud start modding on it...hehe...not sifu ..just my very 2cents...human make mistakes...do correct me if im wrong!!

Last edited:

WhoKnowsTheDevil

Nov 16, 2005
cannot tune ar??so is there any other suggestion for me?to change the ECU maybe to MMC ecu or any other piggyback...any suggestion for me??
is there anyway to find out wut kind exactly my current ECU...just wish to confirm....before i take any necessary action....

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
to simplify.. if u mod ur engine.. then its worth while using a SAFC.. atleast airfilter n exhaust..

other wise it'll be a dead weight waiting to be stolen..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to know any one is driving modified wira 4G93T how was the performance... e.g. 0 - 100lm.h how much, top speed. and other thing..
and what is the fuel consumption for this car? and what is the boost for stock engine???

Thinking of swap the engine to 4G93T ler currently using 1.6 sohc manual .... wanna get more power ekek
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience