Unbalanced ride height

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, about 2-3 months ago, I have changed all 4 tyres and rims on my Perodua Viva, changed my front mount absorbers, and changed to aftermarket springs.

On the day it was installed, I noticed my ride height is unbalanced, as it is lower to my front right side. (3 finger gap from tyres to fender on the front left, 2 finger gap from tyres on the front right) So i asked the same foreman that installed everything on my car on the day itself, he said its normal because the springs are still soft and it will be ok after some time????

Weeks after installation, I noticed that my front right tyre is flatter than my other 3 tyres, until now.

Does anyone know what is the problem? Springs? Tyres? Front mount absorbers? Afraid of premature wear on my tyre if this problem isnt solved. Thank you in advance.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What absorbers and what springs?

Sport springs are shorter than your normal spring so it's probably just not seated properly on the absorber.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Check the air pressure of your tyres, then if still uneven height, check the absorber mounting on top. Maybe one side worn more then the other...

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am using Apexi Myvi springs,with stock perodua absorbers. Before installation I compared the springs to see the length,and the front two springs are indeed equal in length.

I noticed the slant in height right after installation of the brand new front mount absorbers,so I dont think the front mount absorbers are worn out.

I will check the tyre pressure this week.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In that case, check the spring mounting and if that is okay too, probably one spring tension is weaker

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
i also have the same problem. park my car on even and flat surface and check the car height. driver side are lower and the gap is about one inches (both front&rear) compared to d passenger side. saw older forum saying that it is normal, so i just ignore it. anyone can clarify or enlighten dis?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i also have the same problem. park my car on even and flat surface and check the car height. driver side are lower and the gap is about one inches (both front&rear) compared to d passenger side. saw older forum saying that it is normal, so i just ignore it. anyone can clarify or enlighten dis?
When new or old. If old, could be due to wear and tear. Driver side always with load....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
that was also the main reason i opt for adjustable suspension when time came of changing absorber back then.....

can adjust each absorber to compensate....

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my xperience,
last time my car seg also left hand side higher than right hand side almost 5mm.....ask mech.....they said normal.....somemore show me te others car also same.....coz our engine sit more to right side......after accident......i sent my car to toyota repair ctr.....come out .....both side same high......according to toyota.....they said my car chasis LARI oledi.....so they realign it...:nurse:

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

my xperience,
last time my car seg also left hand side higher than right hand side almost 5mm.....ask mech.....they said normal.....somemore show me te others car also same.....coz our engine sit more to right side......after accident......i sent my car to toyota repair ctr.....come out .....both side same high......according to toyota.....they said my car chasis LARI oledi.....so they realign it...:nurse:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Actually my car also has this problem when I changed to KYB adjustable. I got it installed at Kakimotor cheras.

Front: Driver side is lower than passenger
Rear: Driver side is higher than passenger
Difference: between half to one finger width.

I have not checked the adjusted height as i dont have jack stands. I've called kakimotor to clarify this and they told me that this is very common in myvi. They have done a few myvi and all of them have unbalanced height once changed to adjustable. I really doubt it because by logic, if all 4 adjustable coilovers are manufactured with little defect, how can the height be different? The mounting point is fixed.

Well until now i have not done anything to it yet as it does not affect much but it must be rectified. Maybe will borrow jack stand from izso on 1st of June and measure/adjust :biggrin: moreover i can get more advice from you guys.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
can u try measure it with the construction ruler. the ruler that have a bubble inside it...i don't know what its name..it happened to me also after changing to the ride height adjustable. then i measured it seems the car is balance. so i don't have to worried about it. hehe:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually my car also has this problem when I changed to KYB adjustable. I got it installed at Kakimotor cheras.

Front: Driver side is lower than passenger
Rear: Driver side is higher than passenger
Difference: between half to one finger width.

I have not checked the adjusted height as i dont have jack stands. I've called kakimotor to clarify this and they told me that this is very common in myvi. They have done a few myvi and all of them have unbalanced height once changed to adjustable. I really doubt it because by logic, if all 4 adjustable coilovers are manufactured with little defect, how can the height be different? The mounting point is fixed.

Well until now i have not done anything to it yet as it does not affect much but it must be rectified. Maybe will borrow jack stand from izso on 1st of June and measure/adjust :biggrin: moreover i can get more advice from you guys.
Yours are adjustable so once the suspension settles in, can adjust the height accordingly...

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
lets say, bfo u install te adj. absor. on ur car......normally.......they oledi adjust te "spring holder" left n right same height......but......after u install.......left n right side not balance.....i think may be te absofber pressure r differ left n right......i use to hav this problem when i use local refurbish adjustable absor......not to mention here......but TITAN no such problem.......te way they inject gas is more professional...

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

it could be te spring rate differ.....wheres its manufacturing defect....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi my fd2 civic keeps steering to the left. Its harder to turn right than left. I brought it to many diff mechanics. According to one it's the arm. Another says it's the knuckle. When I brought it to Honda they say it's steering gear and it cost 6k to repair. What should i do? Thanks for any opinions. =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience