Honda Accord Floating Ride

Alvin Lee Edwards

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
Cheras
www.facebook.com
Car: my stock Honda Accord CF0 /S84

Floating feel. Really miss the EG ride feel.
Someone recommend change to sport spring only. Keep the stock absorber.
I am in low budget mode now, any suggestions from bros here?

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
cut spring if you cannot tahan waiting, with limited budget.
if can wait, save enuf money so can quality sport springs.

I would do the latter.

Alvin Lee Edwards

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
Cheras
www.facebook.com
ken I prefer the latter oso, reliability is important to me. so u also suggest changing the springs only and not the whole set suspension?
Actually the damping is just nice to me, just the rebound I don't like. even going 20 at speedbumps can feel the bouncy.
Any examples of springs I can use?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Rebound don't like means absorbers koyak already. Springs don't control rebound, the shock absorbers do.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
ixeo bro, seriously?
that means I need to change the absorbers?
my cars suspension is same with any other car? e.g: cl1 or maybe newer Accord? Easier for me when I aquire.
Your car is pretty old right, like 2000-2003 model? Which puts it around 10 years old. If you have never changed absorbers before. Then yes, that's why you feel its floating.

Just call spare part shop and tell them your model, they should have it. I am pretty sure newer Accord absorbers won't fit. Better just buy OEM replacement for your model.

1st gen Proton Saga cannot use new Saga absorbers. Unless the suspension is exactly the same, like the 1st Vios and the current Vios. lol.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
There are high chances of high wear and tear in the ori absorber (imagine them absorber working non-stop for 10 years plus). The fluids in the absorber would expires, or detriorate due to aging and heat. Valves and Seals in the absorbers oso likely to contribute to the floaty ride. Nothing last forever.

Even ori springs can sag after long use. Occasional overload of passengers, or constant loading (esp. at driver side) can make springs deteriorate in its function. Again, spring has an expiry date.

If this is the case, I would suggest you change to new OEM shocks, with the use of ori spring. OEM shocks wont cost a bomb. Try it out first before deciding sport suspension.

On another note, Accord wasnt designed and intended to be as "fun" as civic. They are just different type of car for diff. drivers and driving characteristic. So, they are unfair to be compared and expected to perform similarly.

No matter how sporty a Bentley be, it can never be a X-bow.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
without meaning to sound rude, but you really need to learn to use Google. Don't expect spoon feeding man.

This model of yours has plenty of interchangeable parts. Question is what you want to change?

Alvin Lee Edwards

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
Cheras
www.facebook.com
bro ixso, I tried searching using keyword 'CF0' and 'S84' but not much info returned.
So maybe i thought I try using other related models in my search bro.
I just moved to New place so no trusted mech to ask for advice.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

bro ixso.
bro izso I mean. hehe typo error.