Twin Cam Project for 4g92

kksoon

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
After so long of talking convertion to DOHC...till now still not yet change...haha... everyone still here??? DOHC still runing in good condition???
yes....kksoon's rojak 4g92 still running in good condition!!!:proud::driver: but jus a bit of extra surround sound from the well known "tepic"

Shah790120

Sep 25, 2007
if this topic still open, i wanna share my findings ..
i don't really understand or have full knowledge about engine ..
but several of my friends (they are involved in street racing, modification, other engine stuff) said, to convert SOHC to DOHC requires the following ..

Twincam Head- 4G91 or 4G93 (93 is better because it is slightly taller, means can tarik panjang)
Wiring - Dohc wiring with Dohc ECU (if use single also can, only pick-up quite slow because the computer tells your engine it is still a SOHC version)
Belting - DOHC is longer than SOHC, so must use DOHC type ..
Throttle Body - the injector needs to be bigger for DOHC ..not sure if you just change the injector can or not ..
Cable Plug - 1 set with the 'house' (i cannot remember when i write this, the one have contact point inside .. lol)

anyhow, that what i was told ..
about the leaking, just change the gasket block, ok liao .. (that is what he said to me ..)

so if any sifu out there can correct me or confirm this, we will be greatful .. thanks ..

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Mine also 4g92p Dohc still in good condition.. :)

Feb 5, 2010
Sarawak
my mech over here recomend this mod to me.becoz mine is auto b4 i make it manual but i did not change the ecu though.but he said auto ecu is much more better that u can drag further.he said can battle with sgti,but of coz sometime they talk 100%even it is only 60% of performance.no matter how,he quoted me Rm1200 only.i was attracted becoz my air flow sensor not good already,he quoted me Rm150++.but in the end he said f.o.c to me if i done this mod.so u look,timing belt can cost u RM200 already,air flow sensor he give me 1.8cc belonging so another Rm150.plus lubricant changing,distributor,spark plug&cable.quite ok for me with the price.so i decided to twin-cam it.how much for this conversion u quoted from ur place?
p/s:does any1 know how to diff. the air flow sensor btw 1.6 and 1.8?maybe by code or wat?
hey guys... i'm new dude to this forums from Miri,Sarawak...
heard you guys mention on changing SOHC to DOHC... nice topic~
as i'm also doing on my project now...
i'm using 4G92 sohc head + 4G91 block...
will start my transplant next week by 10th March 2010 if things going well~
i'm taking all my engine out & put a Recond 4G93 N/A onto it,and still running on my sohc "ECU"....my mechanic will do all the modification to me as i only supply the spare part for him...
Any Comment from you guys???

Shah790120

Sep 25, 2007
hey guys... i'm new dude to this forums from Miri,Sarawak...
heard you guys mention on changing SOHC to DOHC... nice topic~
as i'm also doing on my project now...
i'm using 4G92 sohc head + 4G91 block...
will start my transplant next week by 10th March 2010 if things going well~
i'm taking all my engine out & put a Recond 4G93 N/A onto it,and still running on my sohc "ECU"....my mechanic will do all the modification to me as i only supply the spare part for him...
Any Comment from you guys???
your project is 'terbalik' from this topic i guess?
we are discussing about using 4G92p block with DOHC head such as 4g91,92,93 ..

lol .. your project is simply from 1.5 to 1.6 ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Missed out on an appointment last Saturday with a forum member due to this detailing journey.

What started off as a partial coating became a full blown coating. Was discussing with the owner's husband and had an understanding to coat only the front bumper and front bonnet.

Ended up with an entire car coated because I did not want the car to have two tones of white over time.

Car was brand spanking new ..... not spanking but still a 1st hand car. Owner have long salivate to own this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience