Twin Cam Project for 4g92

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
Ya,u r right that is me!being the rich spraying too rich guy.after the mechanic(another one)checked,the problem is probably due to my air flow sensor problematic.after some chi-chat,he suggest me to change the air flow sensor too 4g93,claimed more better.so i take this opputurnity to ask him about the price to convert to Dohc.he offered me Rm1300,at first but discount again to Rm1200.he said including all parts that need to change,eg:disributor,spark plug,plug cable,engine oil,oil filter plus the free air flow sensor to me!he said by this way i save another 100 bucks already.really attractive.after my calculation,the actual convertion cost would e around RM1000.becoz i need to change my engine oil alreay.by the way,wat's the enigine oil ur guys using?i am using shell helix semi-synthetic.would like to try the castrol magnatec sem-synthetic,motul lubricant or total.so how is it?

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
i thought this topis is about to convert 4G92p SOCH to DOCH. at last........ :_:

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
indeed i am intend to convert from sohc to dohc,so wat's the problem?my post does not related to my topic?fyi,my project is 4g93p head put on my 4g92p.

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
kob3bryant said:
indeed i am intend to convert from sohc to dohc,so wat's the problem?my post does not related to my topic?fyi,my project is 4g93p head put on my 4g92p.
me oso use this machine. but mine 1 is oto one..... also intend to do this. but recomen by mech don't do it.... so how yours? on going or what ?

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
kob3bryant said:
me oso use this machine. but mine 1 is oto one..... also intend to do this. but recomen by mech don't do it.... so how yours? on going or what ?

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
my mech over here recomend this mod to me.becoz mine is auto b4 i make it manual but i did not change the ecu though.but he said auto ecu is much more better that u can drag further.he said can battle with sgti,but of coz sometime they talk 100%even it is only 60% of performance.no matter how,he quoted me Rm1200 only.i was attracted becoz my air flow sensor not good already,he quoted me Rm150++.but in the end he said f.o.c to me if i done this mod.so u look,timing belt can cost u RM200 already,air flow sensor he give me 1.8cc belonging so another Rm150.plus lubricant changing,distributor,spark plug&cable.quite ok for me with the price.so i decided to twin-cam it.how much for this conversion u quoted from ur place?
p/s:does any1 know how to diff. the air flow sensor btw 1.6 and 1.8?maybe by code or wat?

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
i never asked any quotation for this thing, just ask him about convertion from soch to doch. that mech said i will face problem a lot after convertion. so it worried me if the convertion gimme a lot of headache....... can anyone recommen any workshop for this convertion? probably in kl or selangor area. at melaka oso can

Last edited:

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
popcorn said:
i never asked any quotation for this thing, just ask him about convertion from soch to doch. that mech said i will face problem a lot after convertion. so it worried me if the convertion gimme a lot of headache....... can anyone recommen any workshop for this convertion? probably in kl or selangor area. at melaka oso can
why don't u ask him wat is the pro u might face?this kind of mod quite normal at my place if i am not wrong.but i am from Kluang.not kl.i suggest u to find out wat is the pro after conversion from ur mechanic or maybe u can find another mech to do this for u?

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
Excalibur said:
convert to dohc head??? will this add more hp on my 4g92T???
dohc will have more efficient of working flow in the engine.when sohc compare to dohc,it is jux like one man compare to two man working at the same time..by the way,how much u spend to turbo-charged ur 4g92?mind to share with me?i want turbo also.

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
kob3bryant said:
why don't u ask him wat is the pro u might face?this kind of mod quite normal at my place if i am not wrong.but i am from Kluang.not kl.i suggest u to find out wat is the pro after conversion from ur mechanic or maybe u can find another mech to do this for u?
that mech said i will facing leaking problem.... that worried me alot. u are kluang man ah..... :regular_smile:

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
yes,i was born,live,study adn work at kluang.
by the way,leaking the lubricant from where?becoz the bore diiferent?or gasket pro?

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
kob3bryant said:
yes,i was born,live,study adn work at kluang.
by the way,leaking the lubricant from where?becoz the bore diiferent?or gasket pro?
donno.... not asking further about it after he told me about that.... are u convert oledi ar? using 4g91 or 93 head...... can we use 4g93t head?

librarian

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
yo bro...iusing 4g92 engine....im using castrol magnetec semi syntetic engine oil...the engine feel light but when the schedule to change engine oil come n u dont change yet the engine will feel so heavy....pick up so slow ar...leaking is standrd la bro using this engine but no problem sgt....

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
librarian said:
yo bro...iusing 4g92 engine....im using castrol magnetec semi syntetic engine oil...the engine feel light but when the schedule to change engine oil come n u dont change yet the engine will feel so heavy....pick up so slow ar...leaking is standrd la bro using this engine but no problem sgt....
leaking is standrd la bro using this engine but no problem sgt
this mean wat?wat is sgt?sgti?