Turbo TImer on N/A Cars

insane_ian said:
Ohh yes i forgot...Trex92...Yeah loads of people put it up for show and don't even know the whole function of it...only on it when wanna show off but after really giving the engine a long ride..they don't...I have to agree man that a certain amount of people who drive n/a cars only put it up for showmanship...They don't get or understand the full use...But what to do...Heart pain when talk about guys who don't know the full use of TT....Anyways TT's are a way cool gadget made for a car...!!!!

yup, u got that right... :regular_smile:

Yeah man Trex92 you know how i feel..
But back to the topic...A TT works well on any car..
It has its own way of working...So even if ur driving a stock car or a turbo it will come in handy...TT doesn't have to be in a turbo car only or a higly port&polished n/a car...

But like said previous they are some out there where just fix a tt for the sake of having one without knowing the real functions of it...

nitrus i can help u in this ..... my cousin got one LMST Saga ...... very hard to start .... i done some research oledi ..... u try everytime b4 u off the car u press oil a little then straightly off the car ..... then next time u on u see ..... i done it ..... got effect ..... one kick start

for carby cars..during a cold start its almost a must to press the gas pedal a few times b4 u start..this is to give a rich fuel mix when it starts.which allows it to start easier..

Yes i have to agree again for carby's...
Its a must esp the old cars to give it that good kick start that it needs..
Gets the fuel all pumped up...
And like Fluffy said *give a rich fuel mix* which allows a easy start...

Basicly if your car is new, do not do that, it should be able to start with just one ignation. Try changing your spark plugs, if this still happens then send back to proton if warranty is still in place.

rattan said:
Basicly if your car is new, do not do that, it should be able to start with just one ignation. Try changing your spark plugs, if this still happens then send back to proton if warranty is still in place.

Yup must agree new cars should not have this issue...unless some default from factory or spark plugs...
But for them old cars a lil tap tap on the oil is a must....

Ok i think i have the best way to put it for TT in a N/A or Turbo

Lets look at it this way...before a human goes jogging workout etc..they must warm up....and after doing what they were doing they gotta cool down before hitting the shower,going under a fan or just sit down straight watch t.v.
They gotta let their body system get back to the regular heart beat then the fast heart beat due to all the exercise...Slowly cool down not straight away...
Cos if after a heavy workout u just eat or rest ur body momentum sure will run...

That same method is also used for any engine...may it be a std one, a done up n/a(p&p) or a turbo...
Thats why a TT comes in to make everything in ur car engine go back to neutral...rather then everything hot hot just off....Some TT's have a timer thingy to measure up to the amount the car rev or drove for (correct me if i'm wrong on this TT) rather then just setting for 20sec or 1min...It the TT sets the off timing based on how much u did on the car...

I mean just try apply the method of a human body to a car engine...

Hope this helps...

insane ian, while I agree on your view about warming up the engine and cooling it down, I'd like to add to your point that the original intent of the turbo timer (the very reason it existed in the first place) is to keep the engine running to cool the TURBINE (for turbo cars) after a hard run.

Nowadays TT comes with more and more features, and you can even find TT functions on car alarms. Seems like the newer TT nowadays comes with features that is beneficial for all cars, like voltmeter (GReddy), digital rpm, speedometer, air/fuel ratio (APEXi), attack meter, 0-100 meter and so on.

edwin_lcw said:
nitrus i can help u in this ..... my cousin got one LMST Saga ...... very hard to start .... i done some research oledi ..... u try everytime b4 u off the car u press oil a little then straightly off the car ..... then next time u on u see ..... i done it ..... got effect ..... one kick start

warning, doing this would damage ur engine in the long run. The reason being that when u tap the accelerator and then off the engine, the extra petrol pumped into the combustion chamber would not have been burnt off and as a result, the petrol would wash away the engine oil at the sidewalls and leave lesser protection when u start up the engine the next time hence engine damage at start up.

For carbie cars, just try this, before u crank the engine, just floor the accelerator a few times (careful not to do too much else overflow the carbie with petrol) and then only crank the engine.

Yes soggie, u are very correct, i got a chap ayam turbo timer... only has automatic timer function... no any other features, hehehe...

Yes i so forgot about the turbine...Yup a must to cool that baby down...The whole idea was the turbineThen the TT moved to more functions/features as mention by Soggiewhich gave us more choices...Also making it more beneficial for all cars...I guess this is what you progress guys...

whats the best turbo timer in market rite now?and whats the price for just a normal turbo timer?do brands play a part in choosing turbo timer...or u can just choose any ....

There's loads of brands to choose frm...
frm top end right down to cap ayam ones....
Its up to you man...Go survey the market...see the price...see what u need ur specs in a TT then make the decision....

get a cheap n quite good looking 1 if u wan basic function.....

i drive satria 1.3 w/out rpm meter :(
planning to get second hand unit of HKS Type-1...
not for timer function but for the other function like RPM meter/shift light, speed meter/speed warning, volt meter/ volt warning and so on lah...
any one selling it?

carby car sure can lar.....is recommended to put TT cuz carbie will be unstable after running 4 long journey n hard revving.....the timing oso will run out abit either higher or lower......so must always observe yr rpm n tune it when necessary...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom