turbo or na

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hurm.. maybe i use to turbo lag already, y i feel turbo more responsive power than n/a ?? (in same gear with low rpm without downshift) and maybe i already long time din drive n/a :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Bro, enjoy your turbo ride...I am not bored until now. It is rare to hear Evo 3 in a Putra and your engine performance must be smooth.
heheh yeah bro i plan on keeping my putra for a long long time seeing as how ive spent so much on it already so definitely dont plan to sell anytime in the near future
and i just love the whole TURBO experience hehehe from the BOV to wastegate sound hehe
yeah normaly the putras i c driving around is still using the 4g93 powerplant unlike wiras which a lot of them convert to evo 3

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

already bit bosan, bosan with fc :bawling:
hehehe dun tarik all the time lah :biggrin: but mivec turbo i heard memang the fc is pretty high coz got turbo then mivec buka lagi hehehehe power gila but minyak also gila habis heheh but undoubtly mivec turbo is very very powerful :adore::adore::adore:

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

hurm.. maybe i use to turbo lag already, y i feel turbo more responsive power than n/a ?? (in same gear with low rpm without downshift) and maybe i already long time din drive n/a :biggrin:
ehehe i also dunno how to tell which one more responsive coz i am not entirely sure as to how yall define responsive :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
normally boost till 0.5 - 0.7 only .... max is 1 ... using tdo5h with tdo6 turbine.... by the time reach 1 bar my car already start flying :burnout: i din speed also fc high, higher then i speed, constant speed 80 with no boost and rpm not > 3k rm20 = 60km :bawling: nvm, downgraded to n/a .. starting my monster mivec n/a plan :biggrin: target minimum 170-180whp ... ultimate target (if can) 200whp :biggrin: dunno i can do it or not :burnout:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
normally boost till 0.5 - 0.7 only .... max is 1 ... using tdo5h with tdo6 turbine.... by the time reach 1 bar my car already start flying :burnout: i din speed also fc high, higher then i speed, constant speed 80 with no boost and rpm not > 3k rm20 = 60km :bawling: nvm, downgraded to n/a .. starting my monster mivec n/a plan :biggrin: target minimum 170-180whp ... ultimate target (if can) 200whp :biggrin: dunno i can do it or not :burnout:
bro n/a fc also not cheap u know some more n/a with mivec coz when mivec buka petrol also buka and the thing about n/a is u need to rev pretty high to truly feel the power unlike turbo where most of the power is achieved by 4k rpm plus since your targetting a 170-180whp n/a at minimum be sure to expect pretty high fc as well coz with great power comes "great" fuel consumption :biggrin: its the sadly inevitable facts of life :banghead:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
in the end, its always going to be turbo better than n/a.. in accordance to comparing stock to stock.
lag is just an initial part, when it already spools..it will overtake n/a.

and off course..lag can be countered..:driver: its all about the spooling....

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
but, i think for n/a , i just mind on my left foot and drive normally the fc will not like my crazy turbo gua?? currently using lightly modded mivec, remain my previous gsr 1.8 turbo block, h.compression piston , exhaust and intake mod and also adjustable cam pulley with adjustment a bit, manage to hit 70km per rm10 with mixing driving manner... might be coz of my light wira a/b body

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
i do agree turbo will beat n/a once full boost. but if you play genting sempah, n/a will be easier to drive and may beat turbo lor.

about boosting, 0.5-0.7 is nice lar, hehehe, almost no turbo lag. but my car boost 1.2bar leh, 4500rpm only full boost, sob sob sob.....but highway cruise is damn nice, can beat alot of cars. just that if slow down below 3000rpm not bothered to push at all.....kekeke

but according to my gf who is the real owner of the turbo car she drives it to work, according to her driving her fc is jimat, but when i drive not jimat....why :( :( :( :(

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
There is so much fun driving a turbocharged car...don't know how to say it in words and I am loving it...FC is ok as long as you take care of your right leg...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
can any one suggest what can i do for my exhaust(currently driving mivec 1.8)?? sound really loud until i pening after cruising 50++km back home, although i use mid silencer(mid muffler), piping 2.5 " but dunno y no power when mivec on ..... not enough tarik force at all like last time before bot.... is it maybe the exhaust guy do wrong or the mid silencer kacau since i know my air is not smooth, like bike, if press pedal to rev and release, got bob bob sound, air struggle to escape, how about the performance and sound if i change to use 2" direct with s.flow at the end? how can i overcome this?? pls advise

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
peter..your exhaust setup was from previous BOT system right????

maybe u need to change overal piping size with 2" diameter first and see what' the result.... :adore:

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
dude,

change to my setting, it cater me very well!

4-2-1 >>> pineapple >>> 2" piping >>> FGK 2.3" inlet midbox >>> 2.5" piping >>> 2.5" inlet S-Flow

engine is 2000cc stage 3 mods. i felt is is good for city driving n highway. most noise level comes from the engine bay not the exhaust. if all window closed, the noise is low below 4000rpm, good for long distance cruise

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
what is pineapple?? sory i m a newbie .... i using 4-2 and the set up is like what i say.. will going to see the exhaust redo today, c can i do something or not....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

"My car is brand new, just got it a few days ago" is a very common respond from our clients. Most consumers have no idea how wreck their car is upon delivery. Most dealership's salesperson will deliver the car is a delivery room, whereby the lighting is warm enough to get the car looking glossy as F***. OR They request your arrival for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience