Tire wear...

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
Quick question... what can affect the length and sustainability of the threads for your tires??? I used to use Falken tires for my 14" rims and they always got worn out after 8+ mths. So, this time around I decided to change my tires to Goodyear Ducaro 4 tires, hoping this'll lessen my need to change new tires every 8 mths. I don't race, I don't squeal my tires often, but I do sometimes take corners a lil bit on the fast side. Do you tink it could be cos my Falken tires were "softer" compound tires??? Basically, I doubt my driving is one of the factors to my tires wearing out too quickly... Thanks in advance for the help...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
do ur allignment more frequent...
if need to adjust camber as well, do it...

these are normal service for a car, same like ur car need to change engine oil after each 5000km...

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
What is the definition of your worn off? 8 month is kinda fast.
Probably you should use distance travelled as a form of comparison....

And what Falken are you using ? Azenis ST115 I believe wear faster than the normal ZE series for example...

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
haha......falken tyre is good tyre n has good traction......but 1 thing is it wear out very fast

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
yeaps.. falken tires has very good traction and grip but it wears off fast.. do you always drive on uneven roads bro? or roads that are not in very good condition.. if you do that could be one of the reason lo.. one more thing oso.. does your front tire threads wears off one side? if it does then it's caused by improper alignment and camber adjustment.. :regular_smile:

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
thanks a lot folks for the replies... so yeah, my answers to some of ur questions....

Tibun: changed my tires to Goodyears already so I honestly can't recall the model name of the previous set of tires... all I know is they're often used for Perodua car models... HEHE my badd... but yeah I use to live in Sg Buloh and travelled to Subang Jaya daily, kinda forgot to put that into account...

Supernova: as mentioned before I lived in Sg Buloh, so the roads weren't all that great but the state of the roads near my home were quite okaylah not a lot of potholes and no gravel roads, but the roads in SB are quite sandylah... also usually my two front tireslah wear off pretty quickly, usually go "botak" bout the same rate actually, my rear ones so far only had to change once...

But seriously right, I didn't know FALKEN tires weren't that long-lasting... crazy wei every 8 mths have to change 2-4 tires at RM145/tire wei. I also only do alignment and check my camber adjustment only when I need to change my tires, so thanks a lot for the tip folks....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
IF you are using soft compound tires. Try rotating the tires more frequently so that it can last longer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would like to convert my old vitara (92' model) to turbo engine.
Need helps on type of turbo engine than can be transplant with minimum mod on engine mounting. Any experience?

Used to saw a 2 door Vitara with a big IC in front. Don't no what type of engine...CA18det,....AE86,....????
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience