polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
How come nothing one?

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Very sorry. Our forum data storage at our host website was destroyed (by don't know what!), and we've to redo everything. So, the old forum discussions are lost. Maybe those who have scribed their thoughts before the wipe-out could remember and sent it in again?
Thanks. :unsure:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Yeah, the previous posting was gone one day after I posted them.

Anyway I'll write them down again.

Car: Toyota Corolla AE101
Year: 1993
Original Engine (Taken Out): 4A-FE 1.6L
Swapped Engine (Goes In): 4A-GE Twin Cam 20 Silvertop Four Throttle

Well the story goes like this...
Managed to find myself an old 13years old Auto Levin GT Apex halfcut for RM1800 only. From the look only people can tell that the halfcut is waay past its prime.

So what I did was asked my mechanic to take out the engine and send the whole unit to Powerzone for a complete rebuild package.

I opted for:
- Bluerinting
- Balancing & Ligthening of rotating parts
- Head Rebuild (P&P)

When I met Mr Sirazul, I simply tell them that I want even higher reliability and lightness than even normally expexted from a 20V 4A-GE, specifically I want a 9000+ RPM engine for daily continous High-Revving. That is exactly what Powerzone gave me, a motor that I can really depend on and not having to worry about blowing up revved frequently at 6000-8000RPM.

It took them 14days to complete my orders and during the time, occasionally I have the privilege to witness Mr Sirazul and the crew at work. For the price I am paying, I was comforted with the sight of professionals meticulously rebuilding my 4A-GE. Everything was done with proper measurement and nor guesswork was spared. I specially liked the way they reprofile the pistons to make them lighter - a set of 13 years old piston looked fresh after undergoing some sort of treatment and each piston was balanced down to the microns. Same goes to the Rods, Crankshaft, Flywheel, Clutch Assembly etc. For head treatment, a 3 Angle Valve cut was done with some port matching work on the intake side.

The result? well I have to be honest that my car only produce a meager 124.9HP calculated at the front wheels. But somehow it managed to score a best time of 6.68secs at 0-100kmh and a High 14s at 0-400m. Powerzone did not tune my engine, tuning was done D.I.Y style as I was still using the stock Auto ECU with 5M/T C52 Gearbox + 1.5way Kaaz LSD. So with a highly responsive engine and good drivetrain, the abovestated times were attainable. My only regret here is that I should have also sent my camshafts for reprofiling, keep on wondering how it would have been had I asked them to reprofile the camshafts to a 264/9mm configuration.

I has been over a year since Powerzone rebuild my 4A-GE, until today with daily High Revving my motor is as rev-happy as it was one year ago. Over 50'000 kms has passed and I thank Powerzone for it. By the way now my car runs on 4A-GE Auto Tranny but that does not mean it doesn't high-rev, with Super ECT Power Mode switched on, my car can still rev high at 7500RPM shift point. Why run auto...errr my wife complains that Manual GB sucks big time hahahahaha.

Last edited:

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
it wont be cheap but u will get wat u paid for....

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
For the sort of work that I have ordered for my ride, be prepared to have in excess of RM4000++ for a Top Notch professional engine rebuild. I was lucky that my 4A-GE did not require any psitons changed or any major replacement old as she is. Just the Piston Rings set, Full Gasket sets, Water Pump, one Main Bearing and clutch assembly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this was the 2nd car we did last Sunday, after the Toyota Wish
we only had quick break & Drink rushing to this rescue mission

One day , One of my close Friend stumble upon me, while browsing in a car forum
he couldn't believe seeing me detailing the Ferrari, Porsche & Lexus .... not even a pro but only an enthusiast

I wouldnt have done it all alone thus this far ....as sparks by Seech PASSION

this was a last minute arrangement, as this will be my last sunday detailing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience