sudden loss of power then normal

CcL

500 RPM
after changing to the td04hl-15G... i've been getting this problem :(
my boost will fluctuate from +-0.1bar from full boost so it feels like the car jerking.
i only have a few suspects of my own.
1. fishbone... but last time din gif me problem lah
2. i made a plate to sit the actuator. could some freeplay of the actuator cause it? (see pics below for more understanding. i followed the pic)
3. boost cut??!?!? was boosting at the same BAR all the time
4. fuel cut?!$&!^^@&!*^#*!#!!!!!!

hehehe sifus tolong lah saya
dah kepala pusing :(

the bracket may not be strong enuf to hold the boost pressures...therefore the wastegate flap is opening n closing....

the bracket may look strong....but imagine it trying to hold back 1-1.5 bar of pressure... ;)

PHD!
mmm yeahlor i sked is fishbone... but its metal one ma... i used so far its ok :(

sdf!
mmm what if i use thicker tougher steel? yes i suspect the wastegate flap is flapping...

OR... i just remembered i left out a possible cause... there is a hairline crack! at the lip of the wastegate hole (exhaust housing)... :(

CCL : since or if u send to 'that place' to do up your piggyback.. y not ask to kau tim it for u as well....

hahaha
blackie
u must know alot of things not he tell me to do
is i research myself and ask him to do one...
this turbo change he also blur blur i just ask him do wat he do ma...
so of coz problem he also blur blur :lol:

ccl..

the hairline crack won't affect in this way...

my main suspicion is still the bracket...seen too many failures or problems related to flanges or brackets done wrongly... ;)

woohooooo
since the hairline crack ain't the problem i'm so relieved ;)
hehehe ok i shall go find thicker steel plates to make bracket... YES YES YES :lol:

tumpang this thread to ask some questions ah..hehe...hope u guys don mind
which one is the fishbone?wat does it do wor?
the bracket leh?which is the bracket?
pai seh,me still got a lot to learn from sifus here,eheh

fishbone is to play around wif ur boost..but as i know it is not reliable..
bracket im not veri sure..anyway if u wana play wif ur boost wif a budget, get those manual boost controller like BLITZ and Turbosmart (hope i spelled correctly)..or u can get AVC-R to do the job..

ok,if let say i wanna up my boost from my stock 0.7 bar to 1.0 bar,i need to get a boost controller ah?or can jst adjust it somewhere to up the boost?i'm not very sure la,heard about the boost controller but nv knew wat it really does.
how much are those boost controller that u've mentioned?

eerrmm..there is a way to up ur boost without paying a single penny..this is wht my mech did..he took a long stick and a hammer..he knock sumthin near the turbine if im not mistaken mebi the actuator or sumthin else..from 0.6 bar i boost up to 1 bar..but as wht i heard it is not a right way cus it might spoil the thing they r knocking..anyway the best way is to get controller..
there is fishbone which is veri veri cheap and i think it is not reliable..
or u can get thoe knob type boost controller..below RM 500 if im not mistaken..this gota ask ppl or mech..i dun go for those kind of stuff so i dunno details about it..
if u want those auto like AVC-R , for a new set it will cost u around RM 1k++..dats wht i saw lastime ..now i duno..
and one more thing, if u up ur boost to 1 bar and evrythin is stock, i dun think there is enuf fuel wen u reach highest boost..if u want to boost at 1 bar, get VR4 injectors to support ur boosting, else u will get poping sound at higher rev

ic....so better to get the controller la
need to upgrade injector as well??cos i remembered i asked this same question b4,whether boosting at 1 bar need to upgrade other things like fuel pump,injectors etc...but the answer i got was no need wor,since 1.0bar is still ok,not considered as overboost wor....hmm...kinda confused now....
anyway thanks for the info,my plan is to upgrade at least the i/c 1st b4 i up the boost :)

Originally posted by Itab@Aug 3 2004, 04:04 PM
ic....so better to get the controller la
need to upgrade injector as well??cos i remembered i asked this same question b4,whether boosting at 1 bar need to upgrade other things like fuel pump,injectors etc...but the answer i got was no need wor,since 1.0bar is still ok,not considered as overboost wor....hmm...kinda confused now....
anyway thanks for the info,my plan is to upgrade at least the i/c 1st b4 i up the boost :)
i duno dude..but thru my experience first i was boosting at 0.6 bar den up the boost around 0.8..den later on want to up the boost again to 0.9 but my car go popop wen go higher rpm..like not enuf fuel..so i change to vr4 injectors den prob solve and up the boost to 1 bar..i oni chnage the injectors oni..fuel pump din touch..

i see...thanks for the reply man...
how much are those vr4 injectors?gotta budget a bit,hehe,somemore wanna change i/c...
wat about evo injectors?those are even bigger in terms of cc than vr4 ones or its the same cc?

bro itab...
what car/engine r u using?...
its o.k to boost till 0.9-1b, NOT MORE THAN THAT...
this is to make sure your internals last longer...
NO NEED TO CHANGE INJECTORS (if u're using gsr)...
u need to change the injectors only if u change the turbine to a bigger one..
as long as u haf' a fuel regulator n your a/f ratio is reading well then its o.k... not too lean n not too rich...
make sure u're using their original fuel pump (gsr/vr4/evo)... not 1.5-1.6 lerr.. :D :D

me using gsr.
thanks for the info man :)
i think GSR5559 using some bigger turbine(i think he mentioned about it b4 in some other thread,if i din recall wrongly la),maybe thts y he needed bigger cc injectors

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom