overheating problem and turbo problem....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
hi, im running L2 stock. im having this overheating problem usually noticed during boosting. everytime after a period of boosting around i notice the temp will go up to about 3/4 level sometimes slightly more but doesnt go up all the way. when i stop boosting and drive around, it will go back down slowly, but when i start boosting it'll go up again. i've just serviced my radiator and removed my thermostat but it still seems the same. i dont think my water pump is leaking and i dont think there are any other water leaks. could it be a fan problem?

2nd problem. recently while boosting, suddenly the blow-off released by itself while my throttle was still down and after that i was unable to boost properly anymore. only was boosting at 0.3 after that. when i stopped and checked, the blowoff had oil in it and shot oil out to the inside of the bonnet. is the seal inside my turbo gone and i need to replace my turbo?

thanks.

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
try and test the compression on each pistons and also any bubbles or oil in your radiator ?

bsm

Aug 15, 2005
W.P.
changed my turbine and i noticed that the overheating problem didnt happen as quickly as before but after a long while it does start heating up again. just changed my fan today. it seems that i was running a stock kancil fan and now im using a proper l2 one. havent really observed whether the problem still occurs as didnt have time to really test today. serviced my radiator already so i dont think there are any bubbles or oil.

4G93GTi-R

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
next time when you boosting...or using your engine for racing...make sure it last long...you must have oil cooler,radiator upgrade,direct big radiator fan also metal gasket suit your engine upgrade.

your turbine going byebye...i got ertena turbine