subaru s204 or bmw m3

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
hie all zerotohundred members... i need help regrading which car is better...

don plan 2 do any modification....
a subaru s204 is better or a e46 m3 is better...
dad is trying 2 get as a spare car ... im sure doing the survey
need help..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
The S204 is a real rare car. Only a couple of hundred units built worldwide so if you ever have a chance to buy one, just do it. I think Singapore is allocated like 50 units of so and they have a very special pricing scheme whereby the later you buy the car, the more expensive it gets. Do let us know if you managed to buy one. Give us a ride too.

For the M3, needs to introduction. One of those great supercars ant it combines speed, style and comfort. It may not outrun the S204 in the straights or even on the track. I don't wanna 100% say so but i do think the S204 is abit faster a car than the M3. But it may outrun the S204 in terms of top speed. One thing for sure, the M3 oozes style and its a definitely a looker over the S204.

If ever in my wildest dream i get to choose between this 2, i'd go for the M3.

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
sorry is im here to do the survey about this two cars.... hehe :)

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
thanks bro for ur opinion, er about the stop speed although m3 have a higher displacement but s204 have the bigger turbo and turbo to support and also is lighter... so i think the top speed is around the same .. maybe when they touch around 200 km/h maybe m3 still have the power but s204 power is struggling but still going up.....

are u in singapore bro..?? bcoz both car the price is similiar... m3 is around 300++ for 2002 or 2003 model s204 is around 290+ or 300 around that ... ..

the only thing im worried about is s204 have the stupid japanese tune where limit it to 180km/h onli.. but i read the forum they say the speed limiter is 250 km/h.. im not sure whether is uk cars or is general throughout the whole whole...

one more thing im worry about is in malaysia they don really have good workshop to service subaru car.. i heard a lot of sti owner drive all the way to singapore to service their car... but a m3 auto bavaria can serice in any bmw service center... talking about m3 they also have speed limited to 250km/h onli... my dad don plan to do any mod to the car.. all stock... the most scared is the speed limiter to 180 for s204...??

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
any owner of s203 or s202 or s204..... can tell me whther their new ecu have limit it to 180 km/h..??

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
about m3 i heard their smg2 gearbox brings a lot of problem.. that also one problem....

YellowMellow

Known Member
Jul 30, 2006
fred_soo_88 said:
about m3 i heard their smg2 gearbox brings a lot of problem.. that also one problem....
Not really bro; here some info for SMG...

The principle of Sequential Manual Gearbox

The sequential manual gearbox (SMG) is an automated manual gearbox in which an electro-hydraulic system actuates the clutch and shifts gear.

Operate the SMG by means af a selector lever in the centre console and 2 shift paddles on the steering wheel.

It offer the following funtions:

1. Sequential, automated gearshift mode - cruise mode (C mode)
2. Choice of 2 driving programs - normal and sport (only in sequential mode)
3. Accelartion assistant - launch control
4. Automatic double declutching
5. Dependability of positive gearshifts (only in C mode)
6. Automatic downshifts at minimum engine rpm ( both in C mode and sequential mode)
7 Kick down funtion. ( both in C mode and sequential mode)

Acceleration assistance

The accelaration assitant permits optimum racing-style acceleration on surfaces with good grip.

1. Select the sport mode program
2. Press DSC button, and keep it pressed for longer than 3 seconds
3. Quickly press the eccelerator pedal all the way to the floor- kick down.
The engine is electronically balanced to achieve maximum pullaway rpm....

Btw my ride is SMG..:X-: What you need to do is understand the characteristic of the gearbox..

Test drove S203.. mmm superb.. noticed there is no speed limiter.. may be Scooby owner's can share some inputs. I believed overall performance of S204 will be better then S203..

and

An M3 mmm superb too.. can cucuk Modenna one..:regular_smile:

my 0.02P

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
m3 or nothing. tru racing bred engine with all the nick nacks. its suited more for those that appreciate cars. I like the idea of flying at 200++ with my ciggy and still have silent interior noise and the aircond at full blast.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
i read from one autocar magazine from which country i already forget, they tested M3 CSL, Impreza Sti Spec-C Ra-R and Porsche GT3, from what i read this impreza and gt3 cannot say which one is better because in certain things gt3 win over this sti while same goes to other certain things sti is better than gt3 while m3 lose in everything if compare with 2 cars. Since spec-c ra-r and s204 is not much different, i think for performance and handling s204 will overtake the m3, the only advantage of m3 is chick factor. Because most of the chic dont know the ability of s204 and the price of s204 which is about rm320k, maybe for them they see s204 just like other sti.

hurm this is my opinion from what i read, i cannot confirm about it since never ride in s204 b4, if m3 i do but how to compare since i never ride s204, dont know the handling...

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
YellowMellow said:
Not really bro; here some info for SMG...

The principle of Sequential Manual Gearbox

The sequential manual gearbox (SMG) is an automated manual gearbox in which an electro-hydraulic system actuates the clutch and shifts gear.

Operate the SMG by means af a selector lever in the centre console and 2 shift paddles on the steering wheel.

It offer the following funtions:

1. Sequential, automated gearshift mode - cruise mode (C mode)
2. Choice of 2 driving programs - normal and sport (only in sequential mode)
3. Accelartion assistant - launch control
4. Automatic double declutching
5. Dependability of positive gearshifts (only in C mode)
6. Automatic downshifts at minimum engine rpm ( both in C mode and sequential mode)
7 Kick down funtion. ( both in C mode and sequential mode)

Acceleration assistance

The accelaration assitant permits optimum racing-style acceleration on surfaces with good grip.

1. Select the sport mode program
2. Press DSC button, and keep it pressed for longer than 3 seconds
3. Quickly press the eccelerator pedal all the way to the floor- kick down.
The engine is electronically balanced to achieve maximum pullaway rpm....

Btw my ride is SMG..:X-: What you need to do is understand the characteristic of the gearbox..

Test drove S203.. mmm superb.. noticed there is no speed limiter.. may be Scooby owner's can share some inputs. I believed overall performance of S204 will be better then S203..

and

An M3 mmm superb too.. can cucuk Modenna one..:regular_smile:

my 0.02P

thanks for the info bro, but i heard last time when they launch the 325I with SMG2 gearbox a lot of problem.. they say like when up hill it will slide down and the power is not really there compare 2 real manual and is like u use for half a year the gearbox lose power this and that ...the SMG3 which in the new E60M5 only is stable....

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
different cat, if no problem with the whole package deal, of corse M3...
S204 is exclusive but when the competitor is M3, hands down for the M...