subaru Impreza VS. Skyline GTR....any suggestions?

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Hello all, Im planning to buy a sports car myself...its kinda cheap because I will getting it in JAPAN(with my lil sis blessing and her AP's..hehehe)...Could you guys help me with these two? I wanna know like spare parts,maintenance issues,anything related to car care for these two models...is it easy to get or is it expensive to get all the issues? btw, im living in Putrajaya KL..please help...thanx!

na_power

Dec 13, 2004
u the one who asking everyone in lowyat 2f2f section rite? hehehe no need open thread, choose which one u like the most.

ACQ2305

May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
wah,lucky guy.... summre can choose between 2 cars.... damn. Take d GTR Vspec.... RB26DETT, legend!!!!!!

zendengoh

Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
GTR BNR34, battle king of the road.

jinkl

May 22, 2004
for sure r34
scooby's seem to be so common , gtt seem to be common , gtr isnt so common in msia
comparing performance lolx , see the scooby at ur rear for sure

perdana54

Jun 18, 2007
Yeah bro get the GTR......can smoke the scooby....hehehe...then I can "pinjam" testdrive aso aight!...lolx:biggrin:

i nvr ride nissan,so i no idea....maybe i dun like 2seaters....but if u r into a fast car...gtr34 wil be great lo....provided u r not for daily drive or cary ur family...etc

if subaru, i wil go for type ra-r GDB-G,with ori 6pot sti calipers...its good.saw one in kl only if not mistaken

or S204,but there r few in malaysia oledi.

maintenace parts both car r quite easy to get....

Elmo_X

Aug 8, 2006
both cars are good but....
u oso must see ur wallet is capable to handle and maintain the financial and care of the car , hehe old chinese saying head not so big dont wear go big hat

to be frank,i drive few of the mentioned cars....(except nissan)...

if ur hand r not so gatal to mod this n tat,just basic mods...it will not killing ur wallet.

do a regular maintenance services only....but of coz engine oil is full syn n u should know its bout rm200 per bottle(4litre) oledi le....

example:
airtrek R
engine oil mobil 1 = rm180 +/-
oil filter = rm20 +/-

normally service do this only..

atf,brake fluid dun need change everytime oso. air filter use knn(easy maintance)

no more lo..wat else?

same things go to scooby,skyline...etc etc

if hand gatal go put e-manage,safc or standalone....sure killing lo.everytime dyno tune dyno tune dyno tune...y? coz not satisfy so go tune n tune n tune again....dun forget tuning need money:biggrin:

so if u r into basic/minor mod,and u can afford the maintenace/installment of the car.R-34 is not a problem:burnout:

mynnDAWG

Jul 23, 2004
www.worlddj.com
provided u can find GTR34 for sale in japan dude...cars like GTR34 vspecII, S2000, NSX, e6.5TME, RA-R, those are rare and limited models...

even the recently launched z-tune all sold off within few months!

zendengoh

Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
prefer GTR, the rear tail lamp are too sexy and easy recognize, n the word "R" already show its stood apart with aloof dignity.

mag9556

Jul 11, 2006
1)Subaru - a 2.0 boxer if u like the sound then will be ok.. 4 door saloon sporty look car with power in ori spec 305horsee if not mistaken.. ori more than enough...

2) GTR let say RB26- a 2.6 in line 6 engine with 2 snail.. 2 door sport car ori spec 280 horsee ori power sucks coz body too heavy compare to Evo and Subaru or other light weight car...

Subaru is 2.0 and GTR is 2.6.... parts, maintainance wise, if hard working enough to find then get cheap one lo but if lazy get expensive one lo...somemore 2.0 4 piston and sinle turbo compare to 6 piston 2 turbo.. no noeed to compare u also knoe liao every thing also double up...
bare in mind lo... 2.0 roadtax and 2.6 roadtax are like land and sky lo...
FC heavy GTR and Subaru no need to say also la.. if drive such car FC not important liao but if not mistaken Subaru still better..hehehehe

Think carefully before buying both of these.. Good Luck... Just opinion.. hope that all taiko dun come and shot me lo..hehehehehehe

Elmo_X

Aug 8, 2006
errr haha drive this car how dont get gatal???
u see other ppl woop ur a** then u go curse them back add some spice in it 1 la kekee, dun forget even though u keep OEM condition u still running on AWD means 4 tires go botak at the same time and always use with bigger rims means expensive tires all 4 one go

for scooby i think la normal ver would be 280hp , S versions and RAR type only 300+hp
ya hehe if u like the boxer engine screaming then go for it which from far can easily hear is a scooby bulldozer coming , if not go for the skyline quiet backstabbing godzilla
hehe psss scooby 4 door easier ,parents dun need to climb in and out of the car, skyline , wan come out 1 of the front passenger must come out only others can come out.