Stud removal tool and technique

sekut_kring

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
Dear All

i accidently broken a bolt during tighten my oil line from turbo to oil sump. the broken nut sunk inside and the bolt size is 10mm. Do anyone experience this and how to remove the stud/nut.::banghead:

Do i need to use special tool? the bolt size is quite small and difficult to drill the stud.

Can anyone suggest the 'stud removal tool' available on the market and where to get it?
or anyone have a good suggestion how to remove this stud.?

I try to remove it first and dont want to rethread to new thread size,ie. 12mm or larger.

Your idea/suggestion highly appreaciate and welcome.:biggrin:

Rgds
Z

'kesakitan di punggung' :nurse:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u'll need something like this

Irwin Spiral Screw Extractor Set, 5 Pc # 53535 by Irwin Tools

its simply a reverser drill bit...

can be used using tapping hand tools....

and got another version comes with fixed handle....

most major hardware stores got that screw remover.....direction of use also by drilling in reverse (as opposed to normal clockwise turning to tighten a screw)

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yes,i know but no everyone know how to remove the broken nut inside oil sump tank...try my way,use ur finger turn it can?if cant,use screw drive and hammer pukul that nut secara lari 45; darjah...hope d nut can open by lawan jam...finally kalau tak boleh lagi,buka oil sump,u can buka nut dari dalam oil sump kaki panjang lagi kan ikut jam pakai player...confirm boleh buka punya...lagi tak boleh call saya...dengan bawa oil sump tu jumpa saya,saya tolong free

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008
i broke satria fender bolt before because of overtighten..
i go kedai ketuk..they put washer and weld it use the torch and succesfully take out the bolt..
about ur case not sure can use this or not..

sekut_kring

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
u'll need something like this

Irwin Spiral Screw Extractor Set, 5 Pc # 53535 by Irwin Tools

its simply a reverser drill bit...

can be used using tapping hand tools....

and got another version comes with fixed handle....

most major hardware stores got that screw remover.....direction of use also by drilling in reverse (as opposed to normal clockwise turning to tighten a screw)
Thanks pomen_GTR for the useful info. Will try to find it at local hardware. Hope itcan extract small stud.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

yes,i know but no everyone know how to remove the broken nut inside oil sump tank...try my way,use ur finger turn it can?if cant,use screw drive and hammer pukul that nut secara lari 45; darjah...hope d nut can open by lawan jam...finally kalau tak boleh lagi,buka oil sump,u can buka nut dari dalam oil sump kaki panjang lagi kan ikut jam pakai player...confirm boleh buka punya...lagi tak boleh call saya...dengan bawa oil sump tu jumpa saya,saya tolong free
Jimmyea,
Thanks also to you for the reply. Maybe my note a bit confuse but the stud is outside the oil sump. It is actually sunk at oil return CHRA outlet to oil sump. THis happened during replacing my turbine unit. Kinda over torque during tightening process.
Anyways really appreciate your suggestion. It might help if my situation like that. Or maybe go straight see you to solve that problem. : ) :biggrin:

Rdgs
Z

sekut_kring

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
hi guy

This is where the stud is located. At CHRA unit. Notice the leaking cause i still drive my car even tighted with 1 nut.... so tempting to drive turbo maaa... :)

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
definately the tools i've suggested can be used :adore:

sekut_kring

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
finally task done on friday evening.

pic 1 - removal tool from hardware (rm 35)
pic 2 - dismantle exhaust cause drill cannot fit thro.
pic 3 - dill the stud .use smallest drill size. luckly the drill not broken...
pic 3 - Use removal tool and the stud finally out.. :biggrin:
pic 4 - broken stud

i would like to thank you all for your help and suggestion. Hope you will continuely give the support.

Rgds

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
good to know it works.... :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guyz i was hit by a waja grey colour last nite, apparently, a gal got down first, so i got down together, and all of a sudden this guy came with parang and hit me 4 times, i have 3 cuts and 1 punch of my shoulder, i grab him down and he drop his parang with his gun, he also had a black wooden stick, they both drove off leaving me a kesas highway, this happened at the kesas highway at shah alam junction exit heading summit subang, and any have any contact plz do contact at this number...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience