Steering fluid draining fast...

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this...

My steering currently eats up so much steering fluid. I know this becoz the steering give out sounds (like fluid filling up spaces) during morning starts every 2-3 week oso and i have to top-up the fluid. It used to be 2 months before a top-up....

So this mean that the leak is getting worse... So that means i have to visit a mechanic soon...

So my question is... How do a mechanic repair a steering rack leak...??? What are the parts' name that they will look in too...??? And how do they actually do it...??? Will they have to replace it with a new unit...???

Hope u guys can shed some light here.... Anything on leaks....

Appreciate it....

Thanks... :smile: :smile: :smile:

p/s... driving a 95 corolla

nasr

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
Hello faesal,
I also face e same prob, & e mechanic advise 2 change e stering rack, cost me around rm350, me driving seg 101.

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
thanx 4 the reply bro....

did the mech told u what was the problem??? and that steering rack... from chopshop issit???

cannot fix ke bro????

car old already... into it's 10th year this year.... normal wear and tear?

nasr

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
Sorry 4 late reply, yes, got the item from chopshop, rm250, ins charges was rm70, normally mach will advise 2 change e whole steering rack, after changed my handling also improve la, easy to handle e car, mine seg also almost 10 years, old already an n still 4afe inside, hehe

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
See u is hose or steering rack leak lorrr??
If steering rack most ppl buy chop shop or recond 1 larrr...after fix go aligment then kau tim..