vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought there is some sort of spacer-like thing that can help to convert your PCD? Or it doesn't work with 4 lugs to 5 lugs?
If use spacer to convert lugs the offset comes out a lot......:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Ya this rim. Nice actually. Space thingy convert not cheap. That's why dun want do.

Dual VVT-i and 1ZZFE newer model different design. Especially the rear for dual vvt-i
Not bumpy cuz that car meant for comfort mia. Try cornering and the comfort feel won't be there already. 55 lower number than 60 ma. So is thinner.
What he meant is physical height. 205/55 = 112.75mm 185/60 = 111mm only, so 205/55 is higher but by 1.75mm only....hahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If use spacer to convert lugs the offset comes out a lot......:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

What he meant is physical height. 205/55 = 112.75mm 185/60 = 111mm only, so 205/55 is higher but by 1.75mm only....hahaha:biggrin:
Oh, cuz he say thicker so i thought thickness haha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya this rim. Nice actually. Space thingy convert not cheap. That's why dun want do.

Dual VVT-i and 1ZZFE newer model different design. Especially the rear for dual vvt-i
Not bumpy cuz that car meant for comfort mia. Try cornering and the comfort feel won't be there already. 55 lower number than 60 ma. So is thinner.
Yeah, I know. Dual VVT-i facelift had clear white lights on rear. But that 55 is suppose to be 55% of 205mm width while 60 is 60% of 185 width... :confused:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Stock standard rims for almost all cars are so boring. I know plenty of my frenz dumped their ori rims for aftermarket ones once the cars are outta the showroom (almost).

I know that car manufacturers are counting every single cents for manufacturing their car, and maximize their profit. But to stinge on the rims??

Don't they know that the rims are one important item that make or break the car?

If the car manufacture gonna make money from selling their cars, why not sell with some decent purposeful rims together? I am sure new buyers are eager to pay for good stuff, right??
In most cases, manufacturers know rims are important but as long as they offer rims that is strong enough then it already fit the purpose. But like IXEO said, nice cars usually comes with nice rims also. Just look at those Ferraris & Lambos, most of them are still using original rims unless the owners really want to be more unique or even better rims so then still change.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In most cases, manufacturers know rims are important but as long as they offer rims that is strong enough then it already fit the purpose. But like IXEO said, nice cars usually comes with nice rims also. Just look at those Ferraris & Lambos, most of them are still using original rims unless the owners really want to be more unique or even better rims so then still change.
Standard or boring looking rims are probably cheaper which helps to cut costs for the manufacturer. Besides, this allows customization opportunities for the consumers as they can change into different rims that they prefer.

For supercars, I think those are more like a complete package right out of the box since the buyer already paid a huge sum for the car. Buyers don't really need to customize or add in any aftermarket parts into it as everything that comes along is already good enough. But nonetheless, there are still those supercar owners who wanted to be different which is where companies like Techart, Novitec Rosso, Hamann comes in.

Correct, that is what I posted.....:driver:
Yeah, I din't saw your post yesterday. Hehe, thanks. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Standard or boring looking rims are probably cheaper which helps to cut costs for the manufacturer. Besides, this allows customization opportunities for the consumers as they can change into different rims that they prefer.

For supercars, I think those are more like a complete package right out of the box since the buyer already paid a huge sum for the car. Buyers don't really need to customize or add in any aftermarket parts into it as everything that comes along is already good enough. But nonetheless, there are still those supercar owners who wanted to be different which is where companies like Techart, Novitec Rosso, Hamann comes in.

Yeah, I din't saw your post yesterday. Hehe, thanks. :biggrin:
Supercars rims are designed for the car, not the same as our P cars.....:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Supercars rims are designed for the car, not the same as our P cars.....:banghead::banghead:
But manufacturers often do still manage to come out with 'better' rims for the supercar when they have an enhanced version of it. Like F430 Scuderia, 458 Speciale, Gallardo Superleggera, R8 GT, GT-R Nismo...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
P cars I dunno. But my Nissan used to have 195/65/15 and that was "tuned" to the cars overall driving experience. Changing to 215/45/17 made the ride really noisy and really bumpy. Huge huge difference.

Fugly but functional.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
P cars I dunno. But my Nissan used to have 195/65/15 and that was "tuned" to the cars overall driving experience. Changing to 215/45/17 made the ride really noisy and really bumpy. Huge huge difference.

Fugly but functional.
But handling and stability sure improved after going for 17". Not to mention, bling factor too, haha. Don't be humble and only say out the cons of 17" :biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

Fugly but functional.
the problem with current market where people focusing on rim size...

i remember seeing nissan interview in youtube..
engineer versus marketing department in up sizing the wheel which engineers didnt agree due to affecting comfort and others...they need to come up with engineering solution to support the request, such as new suspension and so on, which is costly..

at the end customer/marketing wins...but bad for the development of the car...

see the current trend 17inch (civic, suprima), 18inch wheel (lancer, 508)...

P1 Premium spec have harsher ride than Exec spec due to this....:banghead:
thinking of downsizing...

the myth regarding bigger wheel have better handling are not true partially...
it mostly due to stiffer tyre sidewall...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fugly but functional.
That is tyre size, not rim design as in looks....hahaha:biggrin:

Anyway, that is your choice. Car build for comfort comes with comfort tyre size. You want performance then only change to 17 mah!....:driver:

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Depends on what is looked at. Bigger wheel with lower aspect ratio can have wider tyres that is why the handling is better....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But handling and stability sure improved after going for 17". Not to mention, bling factor too, haha. Don't be humble and only say out the cons of 17" :biggrin:
Not really. On my car, it looks small especially since the car isn't lowered. So not much bling really.

That's true. 45 profile vs a 60 profile would be significantly stiffer and the wider track helped a lot too. 195 to 215. So you're right about handling. I recall my old wira was running on 205/50/15 and that was phenomenal.

Regarding your other comments, Nissan Sylphy has a few models and their suspension parts are the same, but the rims are different. It has 15"/16" so the comfort and all that does have some differences if what you're saying is right? But that doesn't seem to be the case though.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not really. On my car, it looks small especially since the car isn't lowered. So not much bling really.

That's true. 45 profile vs a 60 profile would be significantly stiffer and the wider track helped a lot too. 195 to 215. So you're right about handling. I recall my old wira was running on 205/50/15 and that was phenomenal.

Regarding your other comments, Nissan Sylphy has a few models and their suspension parts are the same, but the rims are different. It has 15"/16" so the comfort and all that does have some differences if what you're saying is right? But that doesn't seem to be the case though.
The new Sylphy is using 17 also with tires 205/50/17. I took a ride in my friends one and it's surely firmer than the old one but still not too bad. For you instead of using 215/45, you should use 225/45 then it will be a tad more comfort similar to 205/50 with even wider footprint.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

between 15 and 16 rims might be to little for a difference...so you have tested both and the comfort are similar? kudos to nissan..
need to check on sidewall height and tyre model..

btw the vid i see last time is for teana i think..

205/50/15 are just spot on...perfect for 1600cc sepang..lol..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lexus was supposed to bring out the next version of its LF-A supercar at the Tokyo Motor Show just gone. Sadly, it didn’t happen, and the question is why?

Rumblings from inside Toyota suggest that some key engineers have actually been pulled off the program to deal with other tasks as Toyota’s global drive continues.

The idea of building both V-10 and V-8 gas-electric hybrid versions must also be causing a few sleepness...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience