Standard rims are BORING

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Stock standard rims for almost all cars are so boring. I know plenty of my frenz dumped their ori rims for aftermarket ones once the cars are outta the showroom (almost).

I know that car manufacturers are counting every single cents for manufacturing their car, and maximize their profit. But to stinge on the rims??

Don't they know that the rims are one important item that make or break the car?

If the car manufacture gonna make money from selling their cars, why not sell with some decent purposeful rims together? I am sure new buyers are eager to pay for good stuff, right??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Stock standard rims for almost all cars are so boring. I know plenty of my frenz dumped their ori rims for aftermarket ones once the cars are outta the showroom (almost).

I know that car manufacturers are counting every single cents for manufacturing their car, and maximize their profit. But to stinge on the rims??

Don't they know that the rims are one important item that make or break the car?

If the car manufacture gonna make money from selling their cars, why not sell with some decent purposeful rims together? I am sure new buyers are eager to pay for good stuff, right??
But then whether it looks good or not, depends on individual taste, right? Some don't even want them, ask whether can buy with steel rims fitted....hahhahhaa:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I disagree...

Boring cars come with boring rims.
Nice cars come with nice rims.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Only in Malaysia we are not given a list of options.
Its how the marketer think of the market. That is why we don't even get MT for most cars even though in other countries, they do. Golf GTI MT, anyone?
In the US, they have tons of options to go with you, even the budget cars.
I know for one Audi has a few rims to choose. So we might see an Audi TT rims on the S5 or so on.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Only in Malaysia we are not given a list of options.
Its how the marketer think of the market. That is why we don't even get MT for most cars even though in other countries, they do. Golf GTI MT, anyone?
In the US, they have tons of options to go with you, even the budget cars.
I know for one Audi has a few rims to choose. So we might see an Audi TT rims on the S5 or so on.
Economics of scale bro.

besides, I think BMW also offers different rims if you want.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I just saw mountains of used standard rims in Shah Alam, Bukit Kamuning area couple of days back.....All are still in good condition, Alloy material. yet the rims are unwanted.

Kind of wasteful. The consumer had to pay for the standard alloy rims when buying their brand new car, only to be sold off cheaply.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
but then sometimes people ditch out standard rim even on first month...

and their aftermarket rims looks even uglier than standard rims...

not to mentioned the quality, worse than 'standard'....

doesnt matter, as long as its not 'standard'...

my vote for useless rims goes to satria neo 'turbine' rims..
ugly and heavy...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I just saw mountains of used standard rims in Shah Alam, Bukit Kamuning area couple of days back.....All are still in good condition, Alloy material. yet the rims are unwanted.

Kind of wasteful. The consumer had to pay for the standard alloy rims when buying their brand new car, only to be sold off cheaply.
In a way forced to have them, so don't like straight away change them. I remember years ago, when buying P1 cars, there was an option for steel rims, but when you order a car with steel rims, the salesman will tell you have to wait much longer to get one, then force the buyer to get one with alooy rims. Imagine paying extra (because don't come with car) RM1400 for 14" rims....:banghead::banghead: Then go tyre shop chnage they offer RM300 to 400 only.....:bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Depends on what car haha! And no matter how nice is the rims, we will still change the rims. Why? Cuz a lot never want to be the same :biggrin:

Got a few with nice rims ma. In my opinion la haha!

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have to say, Persona Elegance standard rims are pretty damn tough.
I crash the other day, the Wira with replica rims pecah. Mine only paint transfer.
Rim tahan, car give way.......:smokin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Depends on what car haha! And no matter how nice is the rims, we will still change the rims. Why? Cuz a lot never want to be the same :biggrin:

Got a few with nice rims ma. In my opinion la haha!
That is why I mention individual taste mah!.......:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends on what car you decided to get. If you get supercars, I'm quite sure that their OEM rims looks quite well with the car. Even Japanese performance cars have good looking rims that comes standard like those on FD2R, Lancer Evolution, Impreza WRX STI...

If you are referring to normal cars, then I think the previous Civic FD 2.0 and Lancer GT comes with rather nice rims. But nonetheless, majority of normal cars have rims that are deemed as ugly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I went over to celebrate my bro new arrival ..perhaps with just a simple protection with OPTI COAT but ended up being another resuscitation!!!!!

This ride probably damaged during transit, long way from Europe to Asia, dust, rain, salty water breeze, contaminants mostly found at the port also by some of the common threats bird bombs, industrial fall our, hail damage, etc etc.etc...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience