ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hey guys.. i juz bought a second hand St150 from mudah... currently the body condition quite bad but engine still ok as i met my mechanic few days ago.. anyone know wher to get the body part for my st150.. things that i wan to change is front and rear bonet and rear lamp (brake, signal, reverse light).. kalau boleh i wan to change the cockpit, dashboard to a more modern toyota cars like AE111 izzit possible? where to get and how much for it? thanks for helps all sifus.. :)

Anyone using the the 4 point lower arm bar here ? I have been using the 1st gen 2 point lower arm bar for some years now.

Problem: There's a abnormality of uneven wear on the front tyres; more evident on the driver side. It's wearing very, very quickly on the inside of the tyre; as if it was negative camber kinda wear. Checks after checks were made on the alignment & even tried many different shops too. Unfortunately, there were nothing wrong with the wheel alignment or camber angle.

Me & my mech were cracking our heads & we came to this conclusion 2 days ago; the culprit could be the lower arm bar. Reason: the lower arm bar is adjustable in the centre; hence it the adjustment is incorrect, it may cause the lower arm to be out from its original geometry angle thus causing abnormal tyre wear ??

Trial & error: Since I'm changing my lower arm bushes yesterday, we've decided to remove the lower arm bar & monitor the tyre wear to see if our theory holds any water.

Handling: I immediately noticed the difference on the handling upon the removal of the LAB. It felt less rigid & sharp on the handling. So the LAB does make a difference in handling but maybe it should not be adjustable & made of a 1 piece construction like the 1 on my Beams.

Hardware - LAB: Bought it as ready made; unlike the 1 I have on the Beams which was custom made by Ultra Racing. Those days, the had noting for the LE or Corona. The reason is was made adjustable was, as explained to me by Ultra Racing's boss, was the initially made 1 piece LAB could not be fitted to many LE because many them were involved in accidents before & the chasis were were slightly deformed. So UR came out with the adjustable version.

Conclusion: I'm seriously considering the new 4 point version than Prem & friends fitted recently.

Recommendation: Those Corona owners who have not fitted any reinforcement bars on their car, my advise is get them fitted because the Corona chasis is too damn flimsy & flexes like a piece of zinc ! Remember, "Power is nothing without control" as quoted by Pirelli.

Just sharing with you guys since the thread is so quiet these days. Since everyone's talking about how fast their cars are, I thought maybe the handling topic be given some due consideration.:biggrin:

Before I sold my LE, i bought a Cusco ae101 lower arm bar...fits 100% unto the LE/st150/ep71/ae92 chasis..I was tempted to try UR Racing lower arm bar but scrapped the idea when i saw lots of people using it had scrapping issues due to the dimension of the bar and the weight of the bar as what holding the bar is ONLY two threaded long screws..the bar is 'rounded' in dimension as opposed to the 'flat' type..true about the chasis being very weak for LE or Corona as both cars share quite lots of similarity...both cars suffer from badan tarik syndrome over the years..I have seen with my own eyes a LE supercharger with a loopsided chasis...Even my LE was not spared as the previous owner must had a bad accident in it...My alignment use to lari very badly if i travel lots in the city...cited this as one of the reason I sold the LE:biggrin::biggrin:...kekekeke...below I put an example of the CUSCO lower arm bar for ae101...dun be fooled...its super 'ringan' even more lighter than the ultra racing one but does the job well...for a price issue, its well worth it if you can find one in the halfcut shop...hahahah

DSC01273.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Hey guys.. i juz bought a second hand St150 from mudah... currently the body condition quite bad but engine still ok as i met my mechanic few days ago.. anyone know wher to get the body part for my st150.. things that i wan to change is front and rear bonet and rear lamp (brake, signal, reverse light).. kalau boleh i wan to change the cockpit, dashboard to a more modern toyota cars like AE111 izzit possible? where to get and how much for it? thanks for helps all sifus.. :)

for st150 parts, maybe can contact wan - toyotaburuk 017-4054787 ....he uses a corona also..just suggesting..hahaha...if wanna change dashboard, might as well change engine also..if change to newer dashboard, you gonna have wiring problems...where u gonna find just the dashboard and ac wiring le...

welcome bong jun xiong... getting all of those parts easy only... it all depends on how rajin u are only... correct or not vincelee, black910 and ragerunner? give me a call we meet up... guys got one more user to add to our group ady!

good to hear that! clearing the roads already for u.... ahhhhh...the subang airport road also cleared ady but can't get the tire marks near the roundabout to wash off la.... i think very good tires made that mark la...

bro..bumper depan tu bumper ape eh?

bumper depan jepang bro...

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

28th we tt! how everybody??? place up for discussion time 7pm
1)corona_ice
2)vincelee

others how??? can make it or not??? i was thinkin maybe meet up in pj this time or puchong...

no problem bout the time rage, can be adjusted to india timing... other not coming ah??? phileos, xmika , levin, genting sifu???

vince! ok mah 5 ppl came for tt...others all missing in action lor... now with our ragerunner got license done for sure got more cars after this!

Been missing for a few post. Missed out 1 of the TT. Been busy working. Few things that I've fix and done on my car. Fixing the light bulb on the meter, change to a new stock air filter and changed temperature sensor. GOsh, the pothole and condition of the road in Malaysia is really terrible. Hope everyone is in good shape and happy revving. =3

i liiikkkkkkeeeee that sifu.. hahahhaa.. :P

anyway.. this is my corona.. i hope sifu can teach me what to do with my corona.. :P

Attachments

• IMG-20110928-00083.jpg
    IMG-20110928-00083.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-20110928-00084.jpg
    IMG-20110928-00084.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20110928-00085.jpg
    IMG-20110928-00085.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG-20110928-00086.jpg
    IMG-20110928-00086.jpg