SSC Ultimate Aero II has the Veyron in its crosshair

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Mission: reclaim title of world’s fastest production car from the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. Weapon of choice: SSC Ultimate Aero II.

While we might not be able to really put to test the claimed top speed of supercars, if we were somehow lucky enough to get behind the wheel of one, having the world’s fastest production car is still a whole lot of bragging rights, much like the automotive version of penis-envy.

So when the Veyron Super Sport took that title a few weeks ago with a 431km/h run, there was no way the folks at Shelby SuperCars were going to take it standing still. So out came the plans for an even wilder Ultimate Aero that would reclaim the title and do its predecessing twin-turboed 6.2-liter V8 1,183hp model proud.

Of course, function and form were never on speaking terms, evident from the first Ultimate Aero. While quick enough to knock out your swimmers, it was never anything to shout about aesthetic wise. However, Saab’s new design chief, famed car designer Jason Castriota, has lent his Midas touch to smoothen out the angular lines of the previous generation to give it some curves. Squint a little and it somewhat resembles the product of a Ferrari P4/5 and Bertone Mantide in a living room if James Brown was playing in the background and a bottle of wine had been popped.

The car is still incomplete but was unveiled to a select few during the Pebble Beach Concours. Company founder Jarrod Shelby promised full-scale running prototypes by mid-2011 and confirmed that the design will not lose its sex appeal during the transition from prototype to production.

There’s a video of the car’s reveal during the concours but unfortunately the whole car is not shown in it. So for now, you’ll have to whip one out to the shots provided.

Source: Jalopnik
<object width="640" height="385">

YouTube- SSC New Ultimate Aero Unveiling

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai...

Have you guys face this situation...When we off our engine and take out our keys, supposed the engine will still running because of turbo timer setting...

My situation now, I need to press the fuel pedal a little bit and switch off the engine otherwise my engine will stop even my turbo timer countdown..

Anyonee face this problem...Im using HKS Type 1.. My ar VIOS

Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience