Spark Plug

xtorm said:
try not to get confuse with the thickness......

more core is better......the 4 core by protecis nicely price tho

what is core? the 4 core by protecis nicely price tho?

not understand leh bro...noob here

wouldnt a thicker cable create wht they called the "aeroplane sounds"? Moreover, if the combustion of engine is not huge enough, i think spark upgrades are unnecessary...

correct me if wrong.. :)

the numbers of wire inside the cable, more = better....

some poorly made aftermarket cable will cos aeroplane sound, its amazing y stock 1 dun hav such problem. since aftermarket cable make the skin thicker it shouldnt hav such problem.....

theorekz said:
wouldnt a thicker cable create wht they called the "aeroplane sounds"? Moreover, if the combustion of engine is not huge enough, i think spark upgrades are unnecessary...

correct me if wrong.. :)

Yes, you are wrong abit, only injection cars(newer models) will control fuel to the combustion chamber. Normally how good a injection system is, there is still some unburnt fuel that will go to exhaust. If not mistaken is around 5-10% or more. For carburetor, more will escape through. So if your plug cablle is standard, the spark created will be small and the worst is when your plug is almost time(all lot of carbon around the plug). You can feel like the car is lack of power. That is why if the plug cable is still standard, even change to a better plug also no point, as the supplier(plug cable) cannot supply enough power to the plug.
But if use a thicker one, 8mm or above, the spark created will be bigger and the combustion is more complete.

Some poor aftermarket cable does create airplane sound on our speakers, but this is not always a absolute answer for it. Is sometimes we use a too big thickness, where the supply is too big but the return(earth) cannot cope with it. Most of us never use the grounding kit, this is 1 of the cause(I using 9.5mm cable but never add grounding kit and don't have airplane sound also)

Last edited:
Erichhl said:
That spare part shop at Jinjang Selatan woh.. name WCS Auto Part Sdn Bhd. Address I don't know lah...cause is my friend bring me to there 1 woh...actually u can try ask other spare part shop for 9.5mm or 10mm performance plug cable lah, i think it's just same as long as it's thicker than your ori plug cable. And I believe it's because my car is old car that's y i can feel the different by changing the spark plug cable. Or u can try here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=74913 this guy selling performance plug cable also.

ERICHhh ..thanks for the reply ...erm ... got question somemore ler...
jinjang i know where lar ... but jinjang selatan don know lar ....seldom go there mah ...kek kek...can describe how to go there ar ??? any landmark nearby that shop u mention ..??

Speedy3210, i don't know how to describe the way to there woh... maybe i try find the receipt and check their telephone number then u try call them ask got the cable u want or not and ask them how to go there lah... o.k!! but now i'm at office so maybe tonite i go home and check it lah...

xtorm said:
the numbers of wire inside the cable, more = better....

some poorly made aftermarket cable will cos aeroplane sound, its amazing y stock 1 dun hav such problem. since aftermarket cable make the skin thicker it shouldnt hav such problem.....
yaloh...4 core sure better, too bad the spare part shop don't have that if not sure i wanna get the 4core 1 lah... check the pro-tec website the price for single core and 4 core only a litter different.:sad_smile:

If we just go to plug cable , leave spark plug std, end up we still get better sparking right ??

speedy3210 said:
ERICHhh ..thanks for the reply ...erm ... got question somemore ler...
jinjang i know where lar ... but jinjang selatan don know lar ....seldom go there mah ...kek kek...can describe how to go there ar ??? any landmark nearby that shop u mention ..??

Speedy3210, i can't find the receipt but found the address and phone no. on the plastic bag, WCS Auto Parts Sdn Bhd. No.24, Jinjang Selatan, Jalan Kepong, 52000 K.L Tel: 62586326, 62512244, 6251 0204.

10.5mm Power Cable that boss itself say if will affect your audio sound......u guys called it as aeroplane sound?

and he recommend don use 10.5mm.....max 10mm enuf

Made in USA but the price only rm135 with all tax included? I think is designed in USA and made in China.
If really using a 10.5mm spark plug cable, I think extra ground for engine is needed.

Erichhl said:
Speedy3210, i can't find the receipt but found the address and phone no. on the plastic bag, WCS Auto Parts Sdn Bhd. No.24, Jinjang Selatan, Jalan Kepong, 52000 K.L Tel: 62586326, 62512244, 6251 0204.

Erichh .. !!!

thanks for the info !!!

thank u !!!

speedy3210 u r welcome, hope the info can help u. Kyeng, yaloh... i think better do the grounding 1st if possible install the VS as well.. Myself already did the extra grounding and cheap quality VS... hihi

Guys, Did u notice that most of the branded design house plug cable normally will not come with thick cable.. like NGK power cable, Hot wire just with 8mm only ..
And I found a lot of old design silicone plug cable which is from Australia one, they all are in 8mm .
If I go for my engine plug cable, think 8mm silicone cable will be my first choice ..

boyzone said:
Guys, Did u notice that most of the branded design house plug cable normally will not come with thick cable.. like NGK power cable, Hot wire just with 8mm only ..
And I found a lot of old design silicone plug cable which is from Australia one, they all are in 8mm .
If I go for my engine plug cable, think 8mm silicone cable will be my first choice ..

i agree with u too.. but then, these good 8mm plug cables are so costly.. RM200+ ? almost reaching RM300.:shocked:

yes, because those cable are quality proven ....
And I hear that those thicker cable will wear off ur plug fastest only ...
If a thick cable really can improve everything, thick oem already put in as std requirement right ??

I using a thick cable(9.5mm) like you said and the plug is Bosch Super 4. The plug I have been using it for past 2 years and milage per year is 30000km, now the plug still in use and not much problem... Maybe is the brand and quality problem.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom