Spark Plug

malacca also can get bosch super 4 for less than rm50.... but stupid me, i've choosen NGK G-power instead of bosch super 4.... waste my money... alamak...

so, planning to DIY sidegapped my NGK sparkplug soon... see if my lower end response got improve or not... currently i'm still using back my old standard plugs sidegapped... at first, lower end torque feel better compare to the NGK G-power... but now deteriorate adi.... mayb use vr long time ago lar... used for few years already.....

but one thing is.....ussually normal performance plug suit very well on normal fuel injection engine.....when come to older engine like using carburetor it tend to run smoother n less fuel consumption......

u meant carburetor car if change good spark plug like Bosch Super 4 will give better improvement than enjection? better fuel consumption woh....make me wanna change it ASAP

Bro, my suggestion is change th bosch super 4 1st, then test it for a while like maybe 2weeks to 1 month then only go and change the spark plug cable. I think like this only u can feel the different loh... I'm driving a toyota ae92 with stock carb engine, change the spark plug to a brand name "PEAK" oem from Split fire(the boss of the spare part shop told me) the plug also got 4 kaki look like bosch one..RM45 for 4pcs. Cannot feel any big improvement after changing it form half year already, recently just change my ori spark plug cable to 9.5mm tick one than i can feel that my car respond better & increase a litter bit pickup. My next mod is like you "APEX'i Air Filter" hehe..

Erichhl said:
Bro, my suggestion is change th bosch super 4 1st, then test it for a while like maybe 2weeks to 1 month then only go and change the spark plug cable. I think like this only u can feel the different loh... I'm driving a toyota ae92 with stock carb engine, change the spark plug to a brand name "PEAK" oem from Split fire(the boss of the spare part shop told me) the plug also got 4 kaki look like bosch one..RM45 for 4pcs. Cannot feel any big improvement after changing it form half year already, recently just change my ori spark plug cable to 9.5mm tick one than i can feel that my car respond better & increase a litter bit pickup. My next mod is like you "APEX'i Air Filter" hehe..

what power cable brand and price u using?

Apexi power intake (dual funnel) really can feel different especially high rev, feel no restriction....how hard u press how fast u get. Been drove with stock air filter for 10 months then only mod......can feel different of it

The Cable brand name Pro-tec it's a local manufacturer can c their web here http://www.protec-racing.com/ i'm using single coil 9.5mm price rm95. They have 4 coil spark plug cable also. But not sure can get it any other spare part shop or not wor....
I ask the guy at engine and performance quote me the price for air filter already hopefully can do this modification within this month loh... It's hard to find a suitable Air Ram for my carb, i have try the one sell at brothers, but can't fit my carb so need to ask my friend to diy the air ram using PVC pipe haha...

my friend told me last time he use pvc pipe for his air ram also wor... i try 1st lor...if cannot than try find the metal air ram from other place lah... how is your air ram look like? is it sama like the one sell at brothers for proton 12v carb engine one??

gohkokeng said:
PVC pipe sure can stand with heat inside your engine bay?
can ler.... jz make sure it dont come into contact with hot stuff like ur extractor.... for better heat protection, wrap it with superlon...

Erichhl i do not extend the air ram le......just

- 12V Carburetor intake pipe then straight link to 3inch adapter and Apexi filter with the BLUE RUBBER + 2 RING BRACKETS.

and my opinion la...JUST I THINK only ah.......extend air ram no so good.....longer the air flow liao......

extend so long i better go for drop-in straight direct on top

Erichhl said:

where u got those performance plug cable u mention ?? which spare part shop is that ??

kinda interested !!!

That spare part shop at Jinjang Selatan woh.. name WCS Auto Part Sdn Bhd. Address I don't know lah...cause is my friend bring me to there 1 woh...actually u can try ask other spare part shop for 9.5mm or 10mm performance plug cable lah, i think it's just same as long as it's thicker than your ori plug cable. And I believe it's because my car is old car that's y i can feel the different by changing the spark plug cable. Or u can try here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=74913 this guy selling performance plug cable also.

SkYwAlKeR said:
can ler.... jz make sure it dont come into contact with hot stuff like ur extractor.... for better heat protection, wrap it with superlon...
yah....wrap with superlon, it is what i thought of.. but will wrap it later lah...cause after done the air filter i think i "pokai" already lor...so just spray the pvc pipe with heat resistant paint 1st lah... later will buy a row of superlon to wrap it & do the heat sheild if possible hehe... :_:

Well, getting a plug cable is as long as don't disturb your other eletric components, is ok already. And don't get a cable that when test with spark plug, flame will come out instead of sparks, haha. Just joking. Buy cables, must use your spark plug to test, some of the shops will have a machine for testing the spark plugs spark.

is this meant the biggest always the best? 10mm is the best?

how if i change Bosch Super 4 with 10mm cable on LMST?

gohkokeng said:
is this meant the biggest always the best? 10mm is the best?

how if i change Bosch Super 4 with 10mm cable on LMST?

i'm not sure is'it the bigger the performance is better lah... but i saw all the aftermarket spark plug cable is bigger than original one loh... but i really think u should try change the bosch super 4 1st than only u go and change to the performance plug cable, so u can feel the different lor...but i'm sure the look in uyour engine bay is more "cun" lah cause got thick colorful cable, plus u have your apex'i Dual Funnel filter haha look so "geng". But your car still new i'm not sure the spark plug cable will improve ur car's performance or not. If u have time try read the post on this treat http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...ad.php?t=74913 maybe can give u some clue :shades_smile:

kyheng said:
Well, getting a plug cable is as long as don't disturb your other eletric components, is ok already. And don't get a cable that when test with spark plug, flame will come out instead of sparks, haha. Just joking. Buy cables, must use your spark plug to test, some of the shops will have a machine for testing the spark plugs spark.

haiya...not many shop has this machine wor... If that shop i went got this machine sure i wanna test it 1st lah... I think normal sapre part shop don't have this knid of machine loh...maybe those racingsport service center will have it loh..

try not to get confuse with the thickness......

more core is better......the 4 core by protecis nicely price tho

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom