spark plug fire test...how to?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
got a question, how we can know whether our spark plug had better ignition after we add on something like better ignition coil / spark booster?

i saw in carrefour there's a small device to let customer to see how the spark like after add the extra things...so how we goonna test it in car? can we just take out 1 spark plug and see how it fire?

maybe a bit silly but i think this is the best way to prove whether the booster things we added are useful or not...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
howiechoo said:
got a question, how we can know whether our spark plug had better ignition after we add on something like better ignition coil / spark booster?

i saw in carrefour there's a small device to let customer to see how the spark like after add the extra things...so how we goonna test it in car? can we just take out 1 spark plug and see how it fire?

maybe a bit silly but i think this is the best way to prove whether the booster things we added are useful or not...
can take out n start it to see the firing.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
yes, place it on top cover of engine to see firing sparks, but before that please make sure no oil leakage or oil wets on top heads or manifold section. This is to prevent spark plug firing to accidently catch fire in any situation.

Thnx

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
haha
thanks for reply guys...so i had read some guide in the net, the healthy spark are blue in color rite?

yesterday evening i tried take out plug cable when car is running....surprisingly i saw my plug cable jacket(the rubber seal) are having some spark with my engine valve cover..is it notmal? btw, the rubber got spark is when i put the plug cable near the valve cover..about 2-5mm....notice it because it's quite dark..and i saw some blue spark btw the cover and the plug cable....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello 2 all zth member
i'm newbies here :stupid:
i need some advise from all sifu here

i currently using wira with 4g92 doch engine auto
i plan to change my engine to evo engine
which evo should i choose
evo1,evo2 or evo3.
which 1 is great performance and reliable engine
or just mod my currently engine
tqvm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience