Some question on turbo .. noob here

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Im new to turbo thingy here .. hope can get sifu advice.

basically, how many type of turbo are there ?
As i know, ppl normally use plug and plug turbo now... But i also heard of superturbo and supercharge thingy @_@

If im driving satria 1.3(m) efi, can i just plug and play the turbo without change engine ?

Or 2nd option ..

If i change to new cps gen2, and i plug n play turbo ... issit recomended ?

And how much cost would that be ?

Hope to get more info from all sifu :adore:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
there are probably few thousand types of turbos

there is no such thing as plug and plug turbo

superturbo is supercharger + turbocharger

nop there is no plug n play turbo's , all fabrications needed
need to change exhaust manifold , intercooler pipings , oil lines , water lines , need a piggyback or standalone to tune for more petrol if not kaboom engine break

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Got one. Surbo... ;D... Low pressure boost as they claim.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Yes, Jin is right.

I think all of us at one time or another have decided to go for force induction or planning to do it but as he said, there is no such thing as a plug and play turbo. I

The turbo unit itself can be deceptively cheap relative to the overall costs, but where most people forget are the other costs that will be required to prep the car for turbo.

If yours is a typical NA car chances are the internals had not been beefed up for turbo power, so it is almost inevitable you will need to replace the internals with stronger components to withstand the added stress.

Besides all the stuff Jin mentioned, you will also have to spend a bit on the other incidentals eg., boost controllers, higher capacity fuel injectors and pump, lower compression etc.

If you put in more power, you also need to take care of safety with better brakes and a more capable suspension. In many cases you will also need to reinforce the chassis.

The costs will be significantly more than just the turbo unit itself. And obviously fuel consumption will be higher than a stock NA unit.

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Thanks for all reply !

May i know whats difference between normal turbo and supercharger ? Is supercharge something more advance than turbo ?

Yup, i know that if need addon turbo, have to change many parts. I heard my fren said still can just plug turbo n play but will hurt engine a lot especially for lower cc car. Correct me if i wrong ...

Is it recomended if i put turbo to a new bought car ??

And as i know, turbo is just around 1k++
How much overall cost if change everything as compulsory ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey there :ciao: , my car recently starting to develop a two cylinder misfire when ever i leave it to cool down after driving , the next time i started it up it will misfire and with couple of revs it will clears out and its running great until i let it cools down and restart it again .

Water level gone down by a lil each day , there is soot particle in the coolant & top of expansion tank thus diagnosed as a small leak in head gasket allowing combustion gasses into cooling system .

I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience