Sigh... S'greans are WORST Pple on Earth....

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
There is also nothing cheap over here in Kangkungland. The only cheap one is people's lives. You will be slashed and beaten to death before they rob you. Halfcuts are also very expensive nowadays, want to mod need to think 10 times and tut my calculator until it blows up. Stay where you are. Life is better here is just a mirage in the desert.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
There is also nothing cheap over here in Kangkungland. The only cheap one is people's lives. You will be slashed and beaten to death before they rob you. Halfcuts are also very expensive nowadays, want to mod need to think 10 times and tut my calculator until it blows up. Stay where you are. Life is better here is just a mirage in the desert.
In this comparison, totally irrelevant to Singaporeans!
Their car stuffs more expensive dei.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Singapore these days is overrun by mainland Chinese and foreigners. Not to be racist but they've spoilt the image I've had of Singapore since I was young. Singapore used to be clean, everyone spoke English, little to no crimes, even the low cost places were quite comfortable and relatively decent.

These days if it's not a mainland Chinese person spitting on the road, making insanely loud obscene noises or talking really loud in the MRTs then it's an another foreigner with their bags and bags of weird funky smelling stuff and/or body odor in MRTs. Even the locals are complaining about these foreigners taking over their jobs (low cost workers), taking over their men / women (a lot of "free love" apparently) and basically doing what the Nigerians do to a neighborhood when they move in. Not saying all Africans are bad, just that when there's a bad one, they really destroy a neighborhood.

Even Crime in Sgp has been on a rise. Still less than M'sia but more than what I'm used to seeing in Sgp!
Looks like they are following kangkung land then. Yup, recent problem with the big fight there but those caught were deported.....

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

In this comparison, totally irrelevant to Singaporeans!
Their car stuffs more expensive dei.
But the high end cars are cheaper.....:driver:

manshen

Oct 31, 2013
Cars are expensive because of their COE...
Still got Import tax..... crazy......

COE is one big killer.....over 70K now for COE. Thats like RM180K.... thats madness. For 180K I can get a very good car in MY already.....

Stupid PAP, stupid SG..... CB money face.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Still got Import tax..... crazy......

COE is one big killer.....over 70K now for COE. Thats like RM180K.... thats madness. For 180K I can get a very good car in MY already.....

Stupid PAP, stupid SG..... CB money face.
I thought SG has their own reasons to do that? Coz country small, and many wealthy people,
if no COE or tax, SG will be flooded with supercars dy. Haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought SG has their own reasons to do that? Coz country small, and many wealthy people,
if no COE or tax, SG will be flooded with supercars dy. Haha
Super cars got plenty. Even with COE no problem for these people. It is the poorer ones buying normal car that suffers. Imagine paying SGD70k and another same amount for a normal car and a tycoon paying SGD70k and additional SGD500k for super car. SGD70k to these people is nothing....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buy supercar oso no use in Singapore, as the car is bounded by speed limits. (unless bring in to SIC and whack the car).
It's like buying a CRAY super computer but use it to run Microsoft Paint program.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy supercar oso no use in Singapore, as the car is bounded by speed limits. (unless bring in to SIC and whack the car).
It's like buying a CRAY super computer but use it to run Microsoft Paint program.
My cousins run them in Bolihland......:driver::rofl:

manshen

Oct 31, 2013
Super cars got plenty. Even with COE no problem for these people. It is the poorer ones buying normal car that suffers. Imagine paying SGD70k and another same amount for a normal car and a tycoon paying SGD70k and additional SGD500k for super car. SGD70k to these people is nothing....
Fully agreed. Pple like me suffering. All I want is just a normal Proton Satria Neo. I am happy already. But I am struggling just to maintain the car (I earn around SGD2.7K). Whats worst is my COE going to expire in 3yrs..... After that I don't see how I can afford a new COE which is going to be over 70K.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Really buay tahan...... Looking over the causeway, life is so much better..... Much more greenery as well.....
LOL

With many people 'the grass is always greener on the other side'

Trust me, once you come over you'll start complaining how absolutely shit it is and how you miss being in Kiasu Land and how you regret having left in the first place.

Bottom line, there will always be something not right wherever you are.

My personal opinion (in other words subject to my bias and prejudices), I wouldn't swap places with you.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Fully agreed. Pple like me suffering. All I want is just a normal Proton Satria Neo. I am happy already. But I am struggling just to maintain the car (I earn around SGD2.7K). Whats worst is my COE going to expire in 3yrs..... After that I don't see how I can afford a new COE which is going to be over 70K.
I'm curious with the VQS system, COEs and those things of Singapore. Let's say your Neo have reached its 10yr limit, ur option is only to scrap the car or have it exported to another country.

When you scrap the car, lets say the Neo : do you make any money from scrapping it?
Export the car : you sell the car to some used-car exporter, or what? and the common % rate they pay you if vs. market rate?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I'm curious with the VQS system, COEs and those things of Singapore. Let's say your Neo have reached its 10yr limit, ur option is only to scrap the car or have it exported to another country.

When you scrap the car, lets say the Neo : do you make any money from scrapping it?
Export the car : you sell the car to some used-car exporter, or what? and the common % rate they pay you if vs. market rate?
If the limit of COE has reached, you can either scrap or retain the car and bid for another COE on that particular month. Like one of my friend, he bought a civic del sol 2 door 2 seater open top for SGD2500 with 1 yr COE left.. The car is full with goodies.. such as B20B, racing seats, big brake kit, mufflers and so on.. so when the 1 yr ends, he went to bid for another new COE for SGD 60k just to keep the car on the road.. for him, he thinks it's a good buy because if you were to get another new car.. is like SGD100k++ at least(car + COE)..

If you scrap the car before the COE ends, you can take back the COE return value + car value, if you scrap on the COE expires.. you only take back SGD500 for the scrap metal price of your car with no COE return value (so for those who successfully bid the COE at SGD1 for one particular year when government gave allowance, they aren't selling their car but drive till scrap).. but the scrap yard might then export your car out of the country for a higher price...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am keen to see where the discussions on such topics would lead to
So the conversation has diverted to COE and car ownership in SGP.

Speaking of which, I saw a documentary somewhere saying there's only one R34 in SGP now and the very last 86 too. It's a shame the way car ownership is structured there.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I am keen to see where the discussions on such topics would lead to
at most, probably... ummm... feeling thankful living in Malaysia, as a petrolhead who wants to keep his 1990s car forever and ever?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Thankfully, Malaysian could safely mod their cars, without being kacau by authorities too (except the duit kopi matter). Singapore authorities are damn strict....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Opposition just told they will reduce car prices if they win and so fast we are already having this.
Lol , malaysian politics are getting funny seriously .Have a look

PUTRAJAYA: The Ministry of International Trade and Industry will announce a cut in car duties from Japan and Australia on Thursday.

Its minister, Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said on Wednesday the reduction would be over three years for car models originating from the two countries.

Speaking at the investKL media...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience