MITI to announce cuts in duties for cars from Japan, Australia

Neo_

Sep 27, 2011
Opposition just told they will reduce car prices if they win and so fast we are already having this.
Lol , malaysian politics are getting funny seriously .Have a look

PUTRAJAYA: The Ministry of International Trade and Industry will announce a cut in car duties from Japan and Australia on Thursday.

Its minister, Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said on Wednesday the reduction would be over three years for car models originating from the two countries.

Speaking at the investKL media briefing, he said more details would be released on Thursday.

MITI to announce cuts in duties for cars from Japan, Australia

i want holden ute! :driver:

jerrysiow

Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Ya, agree with you arturo. But usually politician will talk nice and BIG deal before GE and after that, no more news on this. :sleep:

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
After the erection they will tell you cannot reduce because some twitchy reasons or excuse la.. you know they just kicked the Australian MP out.

devious17

Kay Ell
but isnt it the umno/bn had said before that Pakatan's proposal on the same strategy (actually ciplak strategy from Pakatan) will bankrupt the country and that it cannot work? aparaaa.....umno/bn ketandusan ilham sehingga terpaksa mencuri dari pakatan sedangkan sekian lama tak terfikir pun nak turunkan cukai ini.

Are Majority of Malaysians Stupid?

Read this: Car duties from Japan, Australia to be reduced - MITI

I heard about it, a lot of people very excited (and stupid). It says car models originating from those 2 countries, if you learn to read between the lines, it means CBU, not CKD. Least Paul Tan's writers have more brain than majority of the masses.

1. CBU from Japan are stuff like Lexus, Nissan GTR, 370Z.. nothing that benefits the rakyat. Well, maybe the Honda CR-Z & Toyota Prius. The Vios, the City, Jazz, Jazz Hybrid, Camry, Altis, Civic, Accord are all CKD, so, no benefits!
2. CBU from Australia, since when?

This announcement has 0 benefit for us, the rakyat. It make cars cheaper for rich people and the cronies. Not the masses. Yes, a Nissan GTR at RM300k is cheaper than what it is right now, but that's a luxury not a necessity.

g4i8y0t

Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
This normally happens when the election is around the corner. Both BN and Pakatan promises a thousand things, but after the election less than 10% of them will be realised...

arturo

nooB
SateCelupLand
ixeo...u just proved they're smarter than us...

issue a press release which pumps "feel good" hormones but then is actually for the rich and privileged.

thanks for highlighting this point. didn't notice it at all.

mkdreamervl

Jul 6, 2005
As always, there are a few types of taxes imposed on an import car, they will advertise reducing the tax of a vehicle, but sneakily raising the other tax for other areas, so in the end the tax reduction is still a JOKE.

Do you guys know with Minimal, i won't say NO tax since that would be unrealistic . with MINIMAL tax, all you MYVI drivers can upgrade to Honda Civic 2.0 to put things into perspective.

Cheers, just my humble 2 cents.

fazidk

It's been mentioned over n over again for d past maybe 3-4 yrs but absolutely nothing has been done about it...so??F**K it!!!:thefinger::thefinger:

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
I have been thinking, how will we choose between cheap car high fuel price and expensive car low fuel price. Yes we all like cheap car cheap fuel but forget about that for the moment.

Neo_

Sep 27, 2011
but my serious opinion in this matter is . before they government even think of reducing car prices and petrol prices.
they should improve public transportation . or else,we will b stuck in jam like our neighbouring countries.. go to work by car 3-4 hours .. damn !

YYC

Dec 30, 2007
I have been thinking, how will we choose between cheap car high fuel price and expensive car low fuel price. Yes we all like cheap car cheap fuel but forget about that for the moment.

driftkingII

Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Is this the car we imported from Australia?

Toyota Aurion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, n here we call it Camry.. (i prefer the Japanese or American model even the both share the same shell n body n chassis)

yea.. i was thinking the same thing.. what car we imported from Aussie? Holden?

kcng

Jun 24, 2008
kcng1983.blogspot.com
all those talk about improving public transport but end up those calling for an improve public transport (even if it is improved to world class level) will still end up driving their cars everywhere...

typical of selfish/self centered thinking... improve public transport so others can use it while i will drive mentality..

back to square one right?
:stupid::thefinger: