Show us your Mitsubishi Airtrek pictures...

After market RSM will not be able to remove the speed cut for our Airtreks. You need to remap your ECU to remove it. So do it together during ECU tuning.

Actually, it;s not removing. The tuner will just shift the 185kph speed limit set in your ECU to 400kph. So theorically you can't reach 400kph, hence speed cut removed.

Honestly, how often we drive above 185kph? I think it's pretty rare, hence for me, I did not make it a priority to do it.

I understand that your exhaust is still stock based on the mod list you mentioned. If I am you, the next thing to do is to get a full exhaust upgrade. Straight flow without cat, it may sounded a bit loud, just put 2 mid-box to muffle the sound a bit. The free flow exhaust system will instantly give you very good response and the laggy feel above 5000rpm will be freed! Coupe with your Evo 7 cams, it will work like wonders.... :)

Bro. stutzedward seems to think alike...hahaha My friend give me a speed limit defender, took out from his previous 4G63T, just have to wire up to my ECU and speed cut is gone, but I did not fit it because how often do I reach max speed....:biggrin:

Yeah bro, me too... even on highway driving, I average around 140-170 most of the time. I rarely touch the 200 mark and believe it or not, max I went was 208kph. The engine can definately go faster but handling isn't good, car felt unsafe. So that's the max I went.

After market RSM will not be able to remove the speed cut for our Airtreks. You need to remap your ECU to remove it. So do it together during ECU tuning.

Actually, it;s not removing. The tuner will just shift the 185kph speed limit set in your ECU to 400kph. So theorically you can't reach 400kph, hence speed cut removed.

Honestly, how often we drive above 185kph? I think it's pretty rare, hence for me, I did not make it a priority to do it.

I understand that your exhaust is still stock based on the mod list you mentioned. If I am you, the next thing to do is to get a full exhaust upgrade. Straight flow without cat, it may sounded a bit loud, just put 2 mid-box to muffle the sound a bit. The free flow exhaust system will instantly give you very good response and the laggy feel above 5000rpm will be freed! Coupe with your Evo 7 cams, it will work like wonders.... :)

Wats the requirement for the full exhaust system? The downpipe size? 3" ?

If yr running stock turbo + bolt on setups, 2.5" is more than enough. Don't go too big. I'm also on 2.5".

Yeah bro, me too... even on highway driving, I average around 140-170 most of the time. I rarely touch the 200 mark and believe it or not, max I went was 208kph. The engine can definately go faster but handling isn't good, car felt unsafe. So that's the max I went.

Actually I reach 190kph or that was what the speedo meter was showing when the engine cut. Tried it twice, on my way to KLIA cargo, same route to LCCT, but that was few years before LCCT started. Mine was very stable because sedan and suspension modded. At that time that route to LCCT is always deserted, so the route was flat, wide, and empty, nice place to test top speed. Nowadays a lot of traffic. After that never reach that speed again. Yup, now top speed mostly at 160 to 170 kph only....hahaha

If yr running stock turbo + bolt on setups, 2.5" is more than enough. Don't go too big. I'm also on 2.5".

okok....noted :driver:

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Actually I reach 190kph or that was what the speedo meter was showing when the engine cut. Tried it twice, on my way to KLIA cargo, same route to LCCT, but that was few years before LCCT started. Mine was very stable because sedan and suspension modded. At that time that route to LCCT is always deserted, so the route was flat, wide, and empty, nice place to test top speed. Nowadays a lot of traffic. After that never reach that speed again. Yup, now top speed mostly at 160 to 170 kph only....hahaha

hahaha......my top speed only 140 - 160 only... not like ten years ago... always not enough n wish to go more n more...... :biggrin: :stupid:

Yup, mine are running 2.5" also, from turbine to straight through muffler. No cat, no mid, no center....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

As we grow older, we tend to slow down or our balls shrinked.

Yup, old everything start to shrink......hhahhahahahhah:rofl:

Oo... a bit noisy. I used to have 1 center box which replaces the cat but it was way too noisy for my preference. So I decided to put in another one in between and the sound level got muffled around 30% more. Else it's giving my family headache on highway...

Oo... a bit noisy. I used to have 1 center box which replaces the cat but it was way too noisy for my preference. So I decided to put in another one in between and the sound level got muffled around 30% more. Else it's giving my family headache on highway...

When new was not that bad, but later when the fiber glass in the muffler deteriorated the sound was louder. Not for highway runs, the bass sound will get to you after a while.....hahhahhaha

Honestly, the less muffle box, the better for performance. My BIL was running 3" straight flow without mid-box like yours on his Optima Evo 4 and it was running very strong. RPM swings up faster than mine but the noise can kill. Haha.. anyway, he sold of his car now.

Honestly, the less muffle box, the better for performance. My BIL was running 3" straight flow without mid-box like yours on his Optima Evo 4 and it was running very strong. RPM swings up faster than mine but the noise can kill. Haha.. anyway, he sold of his car now.

That is because NA uses exhaust as extractor, Turbo has a turbine on the other end pushing everything through so the the other end bigger is better but still to an extent....:driver:

Seriously i do prefer less sound...the lesser the best..... can't than those loud sound especially on highway..... feel like wanna die :banghead:

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Well i'lll go for 2.5 soon.. but straight or s flow muffler ?

Seriously i do prefer less sound...the lesser the best..... can't than those loud sound especially on highway..... feel like wanna die :banghead:

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Well i'lll go for 2.5 soon.. but straight or s flow muffler ?

Want Quiet use S flow, put in mid box....maybe 2.....:driver:

Straight flow is the most ideal for turbo cars but it's noisy. S-flow is better than stock in terms of performance but less superior compared to straight flow. So I went for straight. In fact many Evo/Subbie/Skyline owners go for straight flow rather than S... if you google pictures on the web. In US, some of them hated it and called it 'fart can'. Who cares when turbo whines and smoke the hell outta ya, right? :)

Straight flow is the most ideal for turbo cars but it's noisy. S-flow is better than stock in terms of performance but less superior compared to straight flow. So I went for straight. In fact many Evo/Subbie/Skyline owners go for straight flow rather than S... if you google pictures on the web. In US, some of them hated it and called it 'fart can'. Who cares when turbo whines and smoke the hell outta ya, right? :)

Well, individual priorities comes in, so whether he wants performance power or quieter ride.....:driver:

Whenever I drive my car hard, it brings smiles to my face as th G-force kicks in, push me to the seat. I'll always tell my son (if I am with him) that it worth every penny driving this low efficiency fuel guzzler.. hehehe..

Whenever I drive my car hard, it brings smiles to my face as th G-force kicks in, push me to the seat. I'll always tell my son (if I am with him) that it worth every penny driving this low efficiency fuel guzzler.. hehehe..

For me same same. Turbo car super hard suspension, super noisy exhaust....:driver:
Quiet, then drive wife's SUV......hhahhahhahahha:rofl:

haha... you got choices to choose betwen comfort and hardcore. For me... I can only choose very hardcore and medium-core. Hehehe...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom